Anyone have poems/songs/short stories/art
- Master killer
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1717
- Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 2:09 am
- Location: A dip which i can just about see the rest off the world passing me by in
Me
The death of an angel
left me lonely
now she is so far away
ill never see her again
and tell her i love you
now the regrets set in
because i remember the time when we'd laugh
rather than worrying about the past
so where will i go with no ones hand to hold
how the hell do i find my way back home
Im left blurry by the tears
and cold hearted by my fears
im alive though and she is dead
i carry on with you in my head
singing thoughs words you left behind
"16 just held such better days"
left me lonely
now she is so far away
ill never see her again
and tell her i love you
now the regrets set in
because i remember the time when we'd laugh
rather than worrying about the past
so where will i go with no ones hand to hold
how the hell do i find my way back home
Im left blurry by the tears
and cold hearted by my fears
im alive though and she is dead
i carry on with you in my head
singing thoughs words you left behind
"16 just held such better days"
All smiles and sunshine, a perfect world on a perfect day!
Everythings gonna work out i have never felt so great!
life isn't like this
Everythings gonna work out i have never felt so great!
life isn't like this
- Carapheonix
- Newbie
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Done by Evanescene right? Oh man I'm trying to DL this song because it's such a hauntingly beautiful song... but my comp is sooo slow when I DL. T-T Poor me.Akari_usagi wrote:Isn't Something Missing?
Please please forgive me,
But I won't be home again.
Maybe someday you'll have woken up,
And, barely concious, you'll say to no one:
"Isn't something missing?"
You won't cry for my absences I know-
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?
Even though I'd be sacrificed,
You won't try for me, not now
Though I'd die to know you love me,
I'm all alone.
Isn't someone missing me?
please please forgive me,
But I can't come home again.
I know what you do to yourself,
Shudder deep and cry out:
"Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?"
Even though I'd be sacrificed,
You won't cry for me, not now.
Though I'd die to know you want me,
I'm all alone.
Isn't someone missing me?
And if I bleed, I bleed,
Knowing you don't care.
And if I sleep to dream of you,
And wake without you there,
Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing?
Even though I'd be sacraficed,
You won't vie for me, not now,
Though I'd die to have you hold me,
I'm all alone...
Isn't Someone Missing Me.......?
I apologize if this has already been discussed but I haven't read through all the pages yet and I'll loose this if I do.
Anyway here's my song that doesn't flow and seriously sucks... but w/e. (I got the idea for it as soon as I read the title of the first section.) I used it in my Original Fiction titled "Infatuation" also so if it looks familliar that's why. (PM me if you want a link to Infat.)
PHOTOGRAPH
By: ~CG
I hold in my hands,
A memory.
I hold in my heart,
What you mean to me.
I try to keep you,
Locked in this.
But on my lips,
Lays your kiss.
This small thing,
Does so much to me.
How can this one thing,
Have such an effect on me?
I see you here,
Holding me near.
Yet you'll never know,
That you're all that keeps me here.
I try to keep you,
Locked in this.
But on my lips,
Lays your kiss.
I'm holding you now,
Within my hands.
I'm holding you now,
As tight as I can.
This photograph is stained in blood,
Yet I'll never put it down.
This photograph keeps me alive,
So that I'll never drown.
I try to keep you,
Locked in this.
But on my lips,
Lays your kiss.
I try to keep you,
Locked in this.
But on my lips,
Lays your kiss.
(Lays your kiss...)
This photograph is stained in blood,
Yet I'll never put it down.
This photograph keeps me alive,
So that I'll never drown.
~*~
Like it? Hate it?
"Bite me, Stupid."
Goddess Bless
~CG
Goddess Bless
~CG
I like it. Simple, and repeating, and that really drives the point home. Nice job!
And i'd certainly like to read your fic, that's why we have a thread for it!
~Sara
And i'd certainly like to read your fic, that's why we have a thread for it!
~Sara
OMG, new Icon!!!! From the genius of Potter Puppet Pals http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/, icon created by http://www.livejournal.com/users/minttea/
Snape is Love.
Snape is Love.
- Carapheonix
- Newbie
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Thank you, oh and it's a OF so it's not Arcana... if you wanna read before I redo it go here.
"Bite me, Stupid."
Goddess Bless
~CG
Goddess Bless
~CG
that's cool, OF is awesome! But the link is wrong, it's this http://www.fictionpress.com/~Carapheonix with "pheonix" not "phoenix". Is it spelled incorrectly on purpose? Anyway, i'll go read the fic soon. I added you to my favorite members on Fictionpress, i'm trinity4, my site is here http://www.fictionpress.com/~trinity4
I think that this thread has lots of old Arcana fic if you look through the pages... and some arcana drawings too. Many of the stories and poems are in the actual thread, others are linked.
~Sara
I think that this thread has lots of old Arcana fic if you look through the pages... and some arcana drawings too. Many of the stories and poems are in the actual thread, others are linked.
~Sara
OMG, new Icon!!!! From the genius of Potter Puppet Pals http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/, icon created by http://www.livejournal.com/users/minttea/
Snape is Love.
Snape is Love.
- Carapheonix
- Newbie
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
ok!
~Sara
~Sara
OMG, new Icon!!!! From the genius of Potter Puppet Pals http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/, icon created by http://www.livejournal.com/users/minttea/
Snape is Love.
Snape is Love.
- Carapheonix
- Newbie
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Poems Part I
I have a lot of them and some don't flow right and most of them are very dark, so be forewarned.
What is Light
By: Cara
Brief, warm
Loving, gentle
Passionate and awing
Light is but a simple thing.
A mere glimmer of soul locked within a dream.
-
Undone
By: Cara
Dark undone,
Light to come.
Death banished,
Evil vanish.
Love conquered
Life to live; admired.
For many, you weep.
Your tears they keep.
Follow me here,
Without your fear.
Your life’s undone,
Now off to kingdom come.
-
Evil Portrait
By: Cara
To have and to hold,
For truth to unfold.
Life at christening
Christ is listening.
Birthed to light,
To do what’s right.
Let you not be tainted,
A portrait of evil never to be painted.
-
Undaunted Suicide
By: Cara
‘Was my life to live
Something I didn’t give.
Pressured too much;
This blade I clutch.
Crimson Pouring,
Blood adorning.
This is my undaunted suicide,
Tomorrow you’ll say:
“The perfect one died.”
-
Live
By: Cara
Life is strange,
Bringing joy to many
And shame to most.
Loving light,
Hatching Dark.
Such a trivial thing,
Life.
A light in the eternal blackness.
A flame whose light and warmth is but a passing thing.
Why live then you say?
Because,
It’s better to live and die.
Than to die before you live.
-
Fatal Choosing
By: Cara
If I told you
You’d kill me
If I didn’t
I’d Live
Which fate is worse?
Living an eternity with a secret...
Or Dying for a lost love.
Would you care
Would you let me back
Would I let me back?
How could my life change so quickly,
How can fate be so cruel.
All I ask for is Life,
air, Love, and knowledge.
All I ask for is Death,
The eternal slumber, peace, tears...
All I ask for...
Is you.
-
Eternal Cycle
By: Cara
Life & Love
Death & Hatred
A Cycle,
Eternal.
You’re locked
In your dread.
Look within,
Now begin.
------------------------
Anyway, yeah that was all of them that I have on the computer, I have to type some of the others. I'll probably get around to it eventually, but whatever.
Hope you liked them.
What is Light
By: Cara
Brief, warm
Loving, gentle
Passionate and awing
Light is but a simple thing.
A mere glimmer of soul locked within a dream.
-
Undone
By: Cara
Dark undone,
Light to come.
Death banished,
Evil vanish.
Love conquered
Life to live; admired.
For many, you weep.
Your tears they keep.
Follow me here,
Without your fear.
Your life’s undone,
Now off to kingdom come.
-
Evil Portrait
By: Cara
To have and to hold,
For truth to unfold.
Life at christening
Christ is listening.
Birthed to light,
To do what’s right.
Let you not be tainted,
A portrait of evil never to be painted.
-
Undaunted Suicide
By: Cara
‘Was my life to live
Something I didn’t give.
Pressured too much;
This blade I clutch.
Crimson Pouring,
Blood adorning.
This is my undaunted suicide,
Tomorrow you’ll say:
“The perfect one died.”
-
Live
By: Cara
Life is strange,
Bringing joy to many
And shame to most.
Loving light,
Hatching Dark.
Such a trivial thing,
Life.
A light in the eternal blackness.
A flame whose light and warmth is but a passing thing.
Why live then you say?
Because,
It’s better to live and die.
Than to die before you live.
-
Fatal Choosing
By: Cara
If I told you
You’d kill me
If I didn’t
I’d Live
Which fate is worse?
Living an eternity with a secret...
Or Dying for a lost love.
Would you care
Would you let me back
Would I let me back?
How could my life change so quickly,
How can fate be so cruel.
All I ask for is Life,
air, Love, and knowledge.
All I ask for is Death,
The eternal slumber, peace, tears...
All I ask for...
Is you.
-
Eternal Cycle
By: Cara
Life & Love
Death & Hatred
A Cycle,
Eternal.
You’re locked
In your dread.
Look within,
Now begin.
------------------------
Anyway, yeah that was all of them that I have on the computer, I have to type some of the others. I'll probably get around to it eventually, but whatever.
Hope you liked them.
"Bite me, Stupid."
Goddess Bless
~CG
Goddess Bless
~CG
Ooh... I like these. Simple, but they get the message across. And dark is good. You have a knack for a great closing to these. It's hard to tell which my favorite is... maybe Live.
~Sara
~Sara
OMG, new Icon!!!! From the genius of Potter Puppet Pals http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/, icon created by http://www.livejournal.com/users/minttea/
Snape is Love.
Snape is Love.
Pretty please read my fic on DA? i'm proud of it and want to share it with the world!! http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28142228/
~Sara
~Sara
OMG, new Icon!!!! From the genius of Potter Puppet Pals http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/, icon created by http://www.livejournal.com/users/minttea/
Snape is Love.
Snape is Love.
- Carapheonix
- Newbie
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Weee!
I really don't like Fatal Choosing, but I decided to post it anyway. ^.^ I'm happy you liked Live, and I'll read yours if you read Banana Fairy (http://www.livejournal.com/user/carapheonix) <-- something like that. It's in my memories. ^.^'
"Bite me, Stupid."
Goddess Bless
~CG
Goddess Bless
~CG
your memories only have one thing and i don't know whether it's what your'e talking about...
i did friend you though, i'm sara_the_lazy
~Sara
i did friend you though, i'm sara_the_lazy
~Sara
OMG, new Icon!!!! From the genius of Potter Puppet Pals http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/, icon created by http://www.livejournal.com/users/minttea/
Snape is Love.
Snape is Love.
- Damned
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 812
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:04 pm
- Location: Hiding in a dark corner...sulking...and plotting the destruction of the world
- Contact:
Hello to the person whom I have not met yet *waves* I'm Damned...I've been an Arcana fan for...yonks. Eh, gads. More than a year prolly...
Anyways, I felt like posting some stuff, so...
Graffiti (not sure if I've posted it- sure I haven't posted the full version)
Written by Caitlin (Damned)- so don't steal it!! *growls*
Life is like graffiti,
Never perfect, sometimes pretty
Struggling lines, paintings, curses,
scrawled through the city,
Spray cans,
Dripping paint,
Are the tears from our eyes,
The lines show the hectic chaos in which we do abide.
Graffiti.
Graffiti.
Graffiti.
Graffiti!
This is our city,
Our dark damnation,
Our vindication
Our fallen glory,
Our life story.
Life is like graffiti,
Never perfect, sometimes pretty,
Struggling lines, paintings, curses,
scrawled through the city,
Spray cans,
Dripping paint,
Are the tears from our eyes,
The lines show the hectic chaos in which we do abide.
Paint dripping down a wall shows the blood of violence,
The shine of the can is the knife that sheds it,
The person holding it is the murderer of this story,
Graffity is like this, in all its gory glory.
This is our city,
Our damnation,
Our salvation,
The darkness that lies,
In the hearts of all,
Black smoke and darkness skies,
That portrays us all.
Life is like graffity,
Never perfect, sometimes pretty,
Struggling lines, paintings, curses,
scrawled through the city,
Spray cans,
Dripping paint,
Are the tears from our eyes,
The lines show the hectic chaos in which we do abide.
City.
Damnation.
Vindication.
Glory.
Story.
City.
Damnation.
Salvation.
Lies.
Skies.
That portrays us all.
Life is like graffity,
Never perfect, sometimes pretty,
Struggling lines, paintings, curses,
scrawled through the city,
Spray cans,
Dripping paint,
Are the tears from our eyes,
The lines show the hectic chaos in which we do abide.
This is a city.
This is our story.
And...a small poem (by Damned standards...O.o;; I'm referring to myself in 3rd person again *sigh* Ask Amy about that...I've been doing it a lot lately...)
I Did Not Know Thee
I did not know thee,
Though, for thee I still mourn.
Never was I given the upmost pleasure,
Of talking to thee,
Hearing thy sweet laughter,
Marvelling at light that thy soul casts upon all darkness.
I did not know thee
But thy passing I still mourn.
I wonder if others will mourn my passing,
When my time draws near.
Will the ferocity of thy tears,
Rival the ones shed so bitterly for thee?
Or will I simply fade,
Forgotten,
Lost,
Gone.
Forever and a day.
I did not know thee,
Though reputation precedes thee,
I did not know thee,
But still I mourn.
And...I think I've got my thees, thys and thous mixed up *sighs*
And...more poetry (not sure if I ever posted it...oh well, you get to see it again)
<B>The Forest</B>
I groan inwardly and open my eyes,
Just a crack.
After the darkness and silence of my mind,
The outside world is bright,
Harsh
Noisy.
I feel like liquid,
My limbs are heavy,
And a pleasant fog has surrounded my mind,
Like a warm, protective blanket.
I want to go back to that place,
And stay there forever,
All on my own,
My solitary existence.
But I was jerked back,
To this world of hustle,
Of bustle and violence,
Of war, and hunger and poverty.
My mind cries in overwhelming sadness,
At the loss of something as comforting as that,
I want to return to that place,
Of silence and peace,
Where the birds sang and everyone was happy,
But I’m being reminded,
yet again,
that, that place is not real,
just a figment of my imagination.
I want to go back,
But that door is closed to me,
Forever.
And I know in my heart that I will never return to that place,
Of birdsong and silence.
<B>Pain.</B>
Pain.
I’m hurting so much,
But no physically,
Emotionally.
This pain isn’t anything like a cut,
Which scabs and heals,
And ultimately goes away,
I’m hurting inside.
I’m chocking on my own breath,
And this pain is strangling my heart.
Beautiful crystalline drops well in the corners of my eyes,
And drift silently down my face.
Why won’t this pain go away?
Why?
I’m bleeding,
Dying slowly inside,
And there’s no one here to help me,
To hold me,
Comfort me,
Love me,
Anymore.
Can you please stop the hurt?
Because I can’t seem to stop it by myself.
<B>Love and War </B>
They say that all’s fair in love and war,
But since when has war been fair?
Spry youths stolen away from their mother’s arms,
And thrown into the bloody chaos,
With gun and hearts in hand,
And left there,
To fend for themselves,
Stranding trembling and lost,
Like a deer caught in the headlights of a car,
As death whirls around them,
Like a suffocating cloud.
Blood of the fallen,
Seeps through their thick boots,
And stains their world red,
Reminding one of the ruby satin sheets,
On which they had once lay,
Sheltered and protected
But those satin sheets have burned,
And the young man stands alone.
He’s so lost- frightened in this place,
His gun drooping forlornly at his side.
He stares ahead blindly,
As his comrades scream and fall beside him.
He’s so lost,
Even when death finds him,
And swoops upon him,
Bringing him down to earth.
He’s so lost,
Even when his eyes close,
And he sighs.
And, as he escapes,
The boy finds that he is lost no longer.
He’s flying free,
Above it all.
Above the chaos and death, and fear and heartlessness of life.
They say that all’s fair in love and war,
But where’s the fairness in that?
<B>The Lion</B>
Once upon a time,
In the land of my youth,
A magnificent lion sat regally upon his throne,
Watching over his domain with amber eyes.
He was proud and awe-inspiring, with a coat the colour of the sun,
Shining with blinding brilliance.
But that was a long time ago.
Now the lion lies limply,
Upon a lumpy green chair.
His eyes have dimmed with age,
And his coat is tattered, frayed and torn.
The lion once made me feel so secure,
Like a warm blanket draped around my shoulders,
Or my mother’s arms when I was scared,
But no longer.
I stare now at his crumpled form,
Emotionless and desolate,
Like a stone.
This lion, once magnificent,
Is now riddled with the imperfections of old age.
He reminds me of a brittle, flower-less tree, standing alone in a grey field.
But I know,
That it doesn’t matter if he no longer lends me safety and strength.
In my heart, I still love him.
The lion is my friend,
And will be forever more.
The lion is my protector,
Sitting like a stuffed guard dog upon my mattress.
The lion is a plush kitty,
Who sits there, limply,
But never interferes.
He is the lion.
<B> Through the Veil </B>
She fell down the rabbit hole,
And into the world of Arcana,
She peered around,
Wide-eyed in amazement,
Slowly surveying the landscape,
With inescapable awe.
Everything was so lush and green,
Peppered with rainbow flowers.
The wind laughed and danced,
And the earth below her feet smelt faintly of lavender.
There she met a group of people,
Some menacing and unapproachable,
Some open, friendly and welcoming.
They strode across the garden of eternity to meet her,
Smiling and scowling.
And into her hands,
The placed a number of objects.
A girl,
With hair like rubies and eyes like that of a feral beast,
Handed her a sword,
Rusted with blood and sadness,
Tarnished with death and tears.
She felt pure horror as her fingers gripped it,
A gut-wrenching fear that paralysed her,
For the sword did not belong,
In the world of peace.
She puzzled immensely over this gift,
So much so that she barely noticed as two others approached,
A sun-crowned man and a small girl.
The man gave her an orb of pure, blinding light,
That filled her with hope,
Banishing the thoughts of the sword.
The girl child them handed over her own gift,
Love and joy,
Imprisoned in her heart forever more.
The last two of the peculiar group stood aside,
Solemn expressions marring their stunning, flawless features.
They moved forwards,
And when they gave their gifts to her,
She stood in wonder,
As awe filled her,
For the two had given her the greatest gift of all,
A choice between good and evil.
These two could bring her salvation or damnation.
And, with this realisation,
She saw the world for what it really was.
The grass, so lush and green,
Hid the scarred, weary earth below.
The green lushness hid the coarseness of the real world.
The wind laughed and sang, but mockingly- harshly,
Falling in a crescendo of screeching voice,
That could only belong to the poor souls in purgatory,
And the angels, fallen from heaven.
The lavender scent, so beautiful and sweet,
Hid the stench of death and decay below,
And the rainbow flowers hid vicious thorns within their folds.
All this, ignorance had hidden from her,
But the veil through which she had peered,
Had slipped and fell from her eyes.
And life, as it really, truly was,
Was finally revealed to her.
And she screamed in anguish,
For she wanted to be blind to it all,
To all the hate,
the death,
the sorrows,
the evil,
that grasped the world.
She wanted to be shielded from the harsh light of reality,
But she could not find any shade from it’s mocking glare.
The group of gift-bringers,
Stared blindly past her as she screamed,
Falling to her knees.
Only mild, senseless smiles registered on their porcelain faces.
She screamed and screamed,
And the tears of such pain flooded her cheeks.
And then she sat up,
In her stark, emotionless bed,
In her stark, emotionless room.
She’s awake,
and she knows that she was merely dreaming,
but still she screams inside,
because, in her heart, she knows that she has lost that which was most precious to her.
She’s still screaming inside,
To this very day,
Searching frenetically for the innocence and ignorance,
That was stripped from her in that place,
The place inside her head,
In her dreams.
But she shall never find that innocence,
And that ignorance,
Ever again.
For it is hidden away in the world of dreams,
The world of Arcana.
And she will never find it again…
Escape from Never Land
I dreamed that I was falling,
Wings ripped, bloody and torn,
Screaming for salvation.
But I know that I’m not falling,
My wings I’ll never earn,
And I’m not screaming anymore…
I dreamed that I was drowning,
Cold, dark water closing above my head,
Like hands.
But I know that I’m not drowning,
Even though the waters still beckon me,
Mockingly with false innocence…
I dreamed that I was burning,
My anger smouldering around me,
Burning me to ash.
But I know that I’m not burning,
Though anger lives inside me,
And for once, reality is an escape from dreaming.
Whee for poetry- some of the above was for a school project...I got an A+...I think...And you know what my mum asked me when I read it to her? "Caitlin, darling, are you depressed?" *lol* Nope. Well, not at the time at least. I've written some more that I'll get up later on...
Anyways, I felt like posting some stuff, so...
Graffiti (not sure if I've posted it- sure I haven't posted the full version)
Written by Caitlin (Damned)- so don't steal it!! *growls*
Life is like graffiti,
Never perfect, sometimes pretty
Struggling lines, paintings, curses,
scrawled through the city,
Spray cans,
Dripping paint,
Are the tears from our eyes,
The lines show the hectic chaos in which we do abide.
Graffiti.
Graffiti.
Graffiti.
Graffiti!
This is our city,
Our dark damnation,
Our vindication
Our fallen glory,
Our life story.
Life is like graffiti,
Never perfect, sometimes pretty,
Struggling lines, paintings, curses,
scrawled through the city,
Spray cans,
Dripping paint,
Are the tears from our eyes,
The lines show the hectic chaos in which we do abide.
Paint dripping down a wall shows the blood of violence,
The shine of the can is the knife that sheds it,
The person holding it is the murderer of this story,
Graffity is like this, in all its gory glory.
This is our city,
Our damnation,
Our salvation,
The darkness that lies,
In the hearts of all,
Black smoke and darkness skies,
That portrays us all.
Life is like graffity,
Never perfect, sometimes pretty,
Struggling lines, paintings, curses,
scrawled through the city,
Spray cans,
Dripping paint,
Are the tears from our eyes,
The lines show the hectic chaos in which we do abide.
City.
Damnation.
Vindication.
Glory.
Story.
City.
Damnation.
Salvation.
Lies.
Skies.
That portrays us all.
Life is like graffity,
Never perfect, sometimes pretty,
Struggling lines, paintings, curses,
scrawled through the city,
Spray cans,
Dripping paint,
Are the tears from our eyes,
The lines show the hectic chaos in which we do abide.
This is a city.
This is our story.
And...a small poem (by Damned standards...O.o;; I'm referring to myself in 3rd person again *sigh* Ask Amy about that...I've been doing it a lot lately...)
I Did Not Know Thee
I did not know thee,
Though, for thee I still mourn.
Never was I given the upmost pleasure,
Of talking to thee,
Hearing thy sweet laughter,
Marvelling at light that thy soul casts upon all darkness.
I did not know thee
But thy passing I still mourn.
I wonder if others will mourn my passing,
When my time draws near.
Will the ferocity of thy tears,
Rival the ones shed so bitterly for thee?
Or will I simply fade,
Forgotten,
Lost,
Gone.
Forever and a day.
I did not know thee,
Though reputation precedes thee,
I did not know thee,
But still I mourn.
And...I think I've got my thees, thys and thous mixed up *sighs*
And...more poetry (not sure if I ever posted it...oh well, you get to see it again)
<B>The Forest</B>
I groan inwardly and open my eyes,
Just a crack.
After the darkness and silence of my mind,
The outside world is bright,
Harsh
Noisy.
I feel like liquid,
My limbs are heavy,
And a pleasant fog has surrounded my mind,
Like a warm, protective blanket.
I want to go back to that place,
And stay there forever,
All on my own,
My solitary existence.
But I was jerked back,
To this world of hustle,
Of bustle and violence,
Of war, and hunger and poverty.
My mind cries in overwhelming sadness,
At the loss of something as comforting as that,
I want to return to that place,
Of silence and peace,
Where the birds sang and everyone was happy,
But I’m being reminded,
yet again,
that, that place is not real,
just a figment of my imagination.
I want to go back,
But that door is closed to me,
Forever.
And I know in my heart that I will never return to that place,
Of birdsong and silence.
<B>Pain.</B>
Pain.
I’m hurting so much,
But no physically,
Emotionally.
This pain isn’t anything like a cut,
Which scabs and heals,
And ultimately goes away,
I’m hurting inside.
I’m chocking on my own breath,
And this pain is strangling my heart.
Beautiful crystalline drops well in the corners of my eyes,
And drift silently down my face.
Why won’t this pain go away?
Why?
I’m bleeding,
Dying slowly inside,
And there’s no one here to help me,
To hold me,
Comfort me,
Love me,
Anymore.
Can you please stop the hurt?
Because I can’t seem to stop it by myself.
<B>Love and War </B>
They say that all’s fair in love and war,
But since when has war been fair?
Spry youths stolen away from their mother’s arms,
And thrown into the bloody chaos,
With gun and hearts in hand,
And left there,
To fend for themselves,
Stranding trembling and lost,
Like a deer caught in the headlights of a car,
As death whirls around them,
Like a suffocating cloud.
Blood of the fallen,
Seeps through their thick boots,
And stains their world red,
Reminding one of the ruby satin sheets,
On which they had once lay,
Sheltered and protected
But those satin sheets have burned,
And the young man stands alone.
He’s so lost- frightened in this place,
His gun drooping forlornly at his side.
He stares ahead blindly,
As his comrades scream and fall beside him.
He’s so lost,
Even when death finds him,
And swoops upon him,
Bringing him down to earth.
He’s so lost,
Even when his eyes close,
And he sighs.
And, as he escapes,
The boy finds that he is lost no longer.
He’s flying free,
Above it all.
Above the chaos and death, and fear and heartlessness of life.
They say that all’s fair in love and war,
But where’s the fairness in that?
<B>The Lion</B>
Once upon a time,
In the land of my youth,
A magnificent lion sat regally upon his throne,
Watching over his domain with amber eyes.
He was proud and awe-inspiring, with a coat the colour of the sun,
Shining with blinding brilliance.
But that was a long time ago.
Now the lion lies limply,
Upon a lumpy green chair.
His eyes have dimmed with age,
And his coat is tattered, frayed and torn.
The lion once made me feel so secure,
Like a warm blanket draped around my shoulders,
Or my mother’s arms when I was scared,
But no longer.
I stare now at his crumpled form,
Emotionless and desolate,
Like a stone.
This lion, once magnificent,
Is now riddled with the imperfections of old age.
He reminds me of a brittle, flower-less tree, standing alone in a grey field.
But I know,
That it doesn’t matter if he no longer lends me safety and strength.
In my heart, I still love him.
The lion is my friend,
And will be forever more.
The lion is my protector,
Sitting like a stuffed guard dog upon my mattress.
The lion is a plush kitty,
Who sits there, limply,
But never interferes.
He is the lion.
<B> Through the Veil </B>
She fell down the rabbit hole,
And into the world of Arcana,
She peered around,
Wide-eyed in amazement,
Slowly surveying the landscape,
With inescapable awe.
Everything was so lush and green,
Peppered with rainbow flowers.
The wind laughed and danced,
And the earth below her feet smelt faintly of lavender.
There she met a group of people,
Some menacing and unapproachable,
Some open, friendly and welcoming.
They strode across the garden of eternity to meet her,
Smiling and scowling.
And into her hands,
The placed a number of objects.
A girl,
With hair like rubies and eyes like that of a feral beast,
Handed her a sword,
Rusted with blood and sadness,
Tarnished with death and tears.
She felt pure horror as her fingers gripped it,
A gut-wrenching fear that paralysed her,
For the sword did not belong,
In the world of peace.
She puzzled immensely over this gift,
So much so that she barely noticed as two others approached,
A sun-crowned man and a small girl.
The man gave her an orb of pure, blinding light,
That filled her with hope,
Banishing the thoughts of the sword.
The girl child them handed over her own gift,
Love and joy,
Imprisoned in her heart forever more.
The last two of the peculiar group stood aside,
Solemn expressions marring their stunning, flawless features.
They moved forwards,
And when they gave their gifts to her,
She stood in wonder,
As awe filled her,
For the two had given her the greatest gift of all,
A choice between good and evil.
These two could bring her salvation or damnation.
And, with this realisation,
She saw the world for what it really was.
The grass, so lush and green,
Hid the scarred, weary earth below.
The green lushness hid the coarseness of the real world.
The wind laughed and sang, but mockingly- harshly,
Falling in a crescendo of screeching voice,
That could only belong to the poor souls in purgatory,
And the angels, fallen from heaven.
The lavender scent, so beautiful and sweet,
Hid the stench of death and decay below,
And the rainbow flowers hid vicious thorns within their folds.
All this, ignorance had hidden from her,
But the veil through which she had peered,
Had slipped and fell from her eyes.
And life, as it really, truly was,
Was finally revealed to her.
And she screamed in anguish,
For she wanted to be blind to it all,
To all the hate,
the death,
the sorrows,
the evil,
that grasped the world.
She wanted to be shielded from the harsh light of reality,
But she could not find any shade from it’s mocking glare.
The group of gift-bringers,
Stared blindly past her as she screamed,
Falling to her knees.
Only mild, senseless smiles registered on their porcelain faces.
She screamed and screamed,
And the tears of such pain flooded her cheeks.
And then she sat up,
In her stark, emotionless bed,
In her stark, emotionless room.
She’s awake,
and she knows that she was merely dreaming,
but still she screams inside,
because, in her heart, she knows that she has lost that which was most precious to her.
She’s still screaming inside,
To this very day,
Searching frenetically for the innocence and ignorance,
That was stripped from her in that place,
The place inside her head,
In her dreams.
But she shall never find that innocence,
And that ignorance,
Ever again.
For it is hidden away in the world of dreams,
The world of Arcana.
And she will never find it again…
Escape from Never Land
I dreamed that I was falling,
Wings ripped, bloody and torn,
Screaming for salvation.
But I know that I’m not falling,
My wings I’ll never earn,
And I’m not screaming anymore…
I dreamed that I was drowning,
Cold, dark water closing above my head,
Like hands.
But I know that I’m not drowning,
Even though the waters still beckon me,
Mockingly with false innocence…
I dreamed that I was burning,
My anger smouldering around me,
Burning me to ash.
But I know that I’m not burning,
Though anger lives inside me,
And for once, reality is an escape from dreaming.
Whee for poetry- some of the above was for a school project...I got an A+...I think...And you know what my mum asked me when I read it to her? "Caitlin, darling, are you depressed?" *lol* Nope. Well, not at the time at least. I've written some more that I'll get up later on...
"Cover her face;
Mine eyes dazzle;
she died young"- Queen of the Damned, John Webster
Today Venus is in amnesia and mercury is in opposition to Prozac. Forget about that werewolf in the cupboard under that stairs
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn. People die. But real love is forever.”- Eric, The Crow
Mine eyes dazzle;
she died young"- Queen of the Damned, John Webster
Today Venus is in amnesia and mercury is in opposition to Prozac. Forget about that werewolf in the cupboard under that stairs
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn. People die. But real love is forever.”- Eric, The Crow
- Carapheonix
- Newbie
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Nice to meet you Damned. I'm Cara (obviously), I like your poems a lot, you should post more often. ^.^'
Oh and Sara, I think it's because you have to join GxH LJ com. But I posted it on Y!Gallery. Just check my submissions. It's the one with Pink hair in a banana suit.
Oh and Sara, I think it's because you have to join GxH LJ com. But I posted it on Y!Gallery. Just check my submissions. It's the one with Pink hair in a banana suit.
"Bite me, Stupid."
Goddess Bless
~CG
Goddess Bless
~CG
- Damned
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 812
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:04 pm
- Location: Hiding in a dark corner...sulking...and plotting the destruction of the world
- Contact:
*grin* It's nice to meet you Cara ^.^ Yay! Someone likes my poetry (besides my english teacher ^.^;; ) *dances* I have heaps of stuff- and have posted heaps on this topic (I started it, actually) but I think I'm missing a few. Like the lyrics for "Without"...*scampers off in search of songs* I think they're on my laptop *ponders*
I write a lot of poetry, stories and music ^.^ I love writing lyrics, but it's hell to put music to them *sigh* I'm just thankful that I can play the guitar and the piano- I'd be pulling my hair out by now if I couldn't...
Whee! A Midsummer's Night Dream tomorrow! I'm gonna take pictures! *is totally random*
I write a lot of poetry, stories and music ^.^ I love writing lyrics, but it's hell to put music to them *sigh* I'm just thankful that I can play the guitar and the piano- I'd be pulling my hair out by now if I couldn't...
Whee! A Midsummer's Night Dream tomorrow! I'm gonna take pictures! *is totally random*
"Cover her face;
Mine eyes dazzle;
she died young"- Queen of the Damned, John Webster
Today Venus is in amnesia and mercury is in opposition to Prozac. Forget about that werewolf in the cupboard under that stairs
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn. People die. But real love is forever.”- Eric, The Crow
Mine eyes dazzle;
she died young"- Queen of the Damned, John Webster
Today Venus is in amnesia and mercury is in opposition to Prozac. Forget about that werewolf in the cupboard under that stairs
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn. People die. But real love is forever.”- Eric, The Crow
- Struck3xbylightning
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1595
- Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:08 am
- Location: Australia
Damned wrote:*grin* It's nice to meet you Cara ^.^ Yay! Someone likes my poetry (besides my english teacher ^.^;; ) *dances* I have heaps of stuff- and have posted heaps on this topic (I started it, actually) but I think I'm missing a few. Like the lyrics for "Without"...*scampers off in search of songs* I think they're on my laptop *ponders*
I write a lot of poetry, stories and music ^.^ I love writing lyrics, but it's hell to put music to them *sigh* I'm just thankful that I can play the guitar and the piano- I'd be pulling my hair out by now if I couldn't...
Whee! A Midsummer's Night Dream tomorrow! I'm gonna take pictures! *is totally random*
Through the Veil was awesome Damned. I loved it!
http://tinyurl.com/5m9b2
I never said I was human, people simply assume.
http://struck3xbylightning.deviantart.com/
I never said I was human, people simply assume.
http://struck3xbylightning.deviantart.com/
- Damned
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 812
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:04 pm
- Location: Hiding in a dark corner...sulking...and plotting the destruction of the world
- Contact:
Thankyuu Struck! I'm glad you liked it ^.^ It was one of my favourites to write.
"Cover her face;
Mine eyes dazzle;
she died young"- Queen of the Damned, John Webster
Today Venus is in amnesia and mercury is in opposition to Prozac. Forget about that werewolf in the cupboard under that stairs
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn. People die. But real love is forever.”- Eric, The Crow
Mine eyes dazzle;
she died young"- Queen of the Damned, John Webster
Today Venus is in amnesia and mercury is in opposition to Prozac. Forget about that werewolf in the cupboard under that stairs
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn. People die. But real love is forever.”- Eric, The Crow
- Carapheonix
- Newbie
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Check my LJ for a new song.
Wrote a new song check my livejournal for the DL and the Lyrics.
Anyway....
It's friended though so you'll have to leave a comment on the Friend's Only Post and then yeah... *coughs* >.> Yeah.
Anyway....
"Bite me, Stupid."
Goddess Bless
~CG
Goddess Bless
~CG
Yay for poetry by Damned!!! My favorites are Grafitti and Through the Veil. You show some nice range for styles.
I'll check it out, Cara!!! Bad me for not going on LJ in ages or doing anything useful....
~Sara
I'll check it out, Cara!!! Bad me for not going on LJ in ages or doing anything useful....
~Sara
OMG, new Icon!!!! From the genius of Potter Puppet Pals http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/, icon created by http://www.livejournal.com/users/minttea/
Snape is Love.
Snape is Love.
- Damned
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 812
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:04 pm
- Location: Hiding in a dark corner...sulking...and plotting the destruction of the world
- Contact:
Thankies Sara. Ugh...Grafitti took soooo long to write! I started it about...one, two years ago? But never finished it until the end of last year. Yay for finishing it! Now I just need to put music to my lyrics and I'll be dandy ^.^ Lots of people tell me they like Through The Veil *grin* It was prolly one of my longest (English teacher's eyes nearly fell out of head when she read it...) and it's kinda Arcana centered...but not *grin* Yay for inspiration.
"Cover her face;
Mine eyes dazzle;
she died young"- Queen of the Damned, John Webster
Today Venus is in amnesia and mercury is in opposition to Prozac. Forget about that werewolf in the cupboard under that stairs
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn. People die. But real love is forever.”- Eric, The Crow
Mine eyes dazzle;
she died young"- Queen of the Damned, John Webster
Today Venus is in amnesia and mercury is in opposition to Prozac. Forget about that werewolf in the cupboard under that stairs
“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn. People die. But real love is forever.”- Eric, The Crow