RPG survey

Postby Naiad kitty on Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:37 pm

This may be just annoying, but I thought it was kind of appropriate.. maybe encourage some posts... After all, everyone likes to put in their opinion. If it's too annoying, tho, just delete it!

----------------------------------------

<b>1. Your name:</b> naiad kitty
<b>2. What would your name be if you were an RPG character?</b> Tina! (Oh, I could only wish)
<b>3. Favorite RPG?</b> ... Chrono Trigger? FFVI? Suikoden?
<b>4. Favorite RPG character?</b> Tina! (do you sense a trend? :wink: )
<b>5. Japanese or American RPGs?</b> :???: In English, but made by Japanese, I guess.
<b>6. Does it annoy you when the main female character is the stereotypical healer?</b> Sometimes. Tho I always appreciate her healing abilities.
<b>7. The Final Fantasy series- RPG god, or highly overrated?</b> God, of course :smile:
<b>8. Final Fantasy 8- refreshing change, or unforgivable mistake?</b> Unforgivable mistake. The only one I actually put down and didn't *want* to finish.
<b>9. Magic or fighting?</b> I'm all about bashing in heads.
<b>10. Why does the main guy always carry a huge sword?</b> Compensation. Definitely.
<b>11. What number of party members form the ideal party?</b> Six
<b>12. Guns- cool or pointless?</b> Pointless. Why have a gun if your sword is so big & cool?
<b>13. What weapon would YOU equip?</b> Tanfa (Suikoden II)
<b>15. Fire or ice?</b> Shiva :smile:
<b>16. Long summons or short summons?</b> Long. If nothing else, you can go grab a snack during them :wink:
<b>17. 2-D or 3-D?</b> Sprites rule!
<b>18. Claude or Rena?</b> And here I show my ignorance.
<b>19. Is Magus really worth getting?</b> What kind of question is this? He's the best character in the game!
<b>20. Chrono Cross- decent sequel, or crude mockery?</b> I actually haven't finished this one yet, although I plan to go back to it... someday...
<b>21. Favorite RPG main character?</b> Terra
<b>22. What's your opinion on the undead?</b> I [heart] Raziel
<b>23. Could you tell Aeris was going to die before the end of disc 1?</b> No. But I was glad when it happened?
<b>24. Are female lead characters acceptable?</b> Yes! Terra!
<b>25. Do you usually find the "secret" characters in RPGs?</b> Yup. Tho sometimes I wonder if they're worth it...
<b>26. Ever made your own RPG storyline?</b> I can't write the storyline until I've figured out the programming, now can I?
<b>27. Have you ever played a fan-translated or imported RPG?</b> Yes, but it was a bad ROM, so I had to wait until FFA, anyway.
<b>28. What do you think of RPGs based off of popular anime series?</b> Ah, guilty pleasures!
<b>29. Which is better, being able to see your foes before you fight them, or random encounters?</b> Random encounters, because it's easier to level up.
<b>30. Do you own any RPG soundtracks?</b> Just the FFA disk...
<b>31. Was super mario RPG a little too much?</b> I don't know. I followed Square to Sony.
<b>32. Pokemon- your opinion?</b> Never played it.
<b>33. If you were an RPG character, what level would you be on?</b> Truly? I'd probably be the extra character that you did way too much work for and then never used.
<b>34. What character class would you be?</b> Administrative Assistant!
<b>35. You've just completed this survey! what did you think of the ending?</b> Are you sure it's the ending? Better stick around and wait for the credits to roll...
"... and one of the symptoms of those going completely yo-yo was that they broke out in chronic cats."
-Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Naiad kitty

Postby Mercury_Alex on Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:32 am

<b>1. Your name:</b> Alex Hamerling
<b>2. What would your name be if you were an RPG character?</b> Blitz
<b>3. Favorite RPG?</b> There's so many, but if I have to choose, I'll go for Golden Sun.
<b>4. Favorite RPG character?</b> Well, RPG playable character would definatly be Magus, but if I can choose from ANY of em, I'll take Alex.
<b>5. Japanese or American RPGs?</b> Well Japanese ones are always best. But it has to be in a language I can read.
<b>6. Does it annoy you when the main female character is the stereotypical healer?</b> Healing's good. Where would I be without healing? Healing rocks.
<b>7. The Final Fantasy series- RPG god, or highly overrated?</b> Well, without FF, many other RPGs might not exist.
<b>8. Final Fantasy 8- refreshing change, or unforgivable mistake?</b> I don't own a PSX or 2
<b>9. Magic or fighting?</b> Is Psynergy an option?
<b>10. Why does the main guy always carry a huge sword?</b> Actually, not always.
<b>11. What number of party members form the ideal party?</b> Unlimited would be nice, but then again, issuing commands to your characters can take forever.
<b>12. Guns- cool or pointless?</b> Depends on the kind. I liked Lucca's gun in CT. But mostly, guns aren't really an advantage over big swords, and the latter look cooler.
<b>13. What weapon would YOU equip?</b> Masamune + Murasame
<b>15. Fire or ice?</b> I like Bolt.
<b>16. Long summons or short summons?</b> Summons never bore me, but if they do, I always like the option of an added skip button.
<b>17. 2-D or 3-D?</b> 2D's fine, 3D's fine, too. It's hard to choose.
<b>18. Claude or Rena?</b> Who're they?
<b>19. Is Magus really worth getting?</b> Hellooooo! Stupid question! Nothing beats his DarkEternal Triple Tech.
<b>20. Chrono Cross- decent sequel, or crude mockery?</b> I don't own a PSX or 2
<b>21. Favorite RPG main character?</b> Crono's nice. Cecil's okay. Butz is fine. Cless is really cool. But I'd have to go for Isaac. Even though he's one of those 'doesn't ever talk' guys, his attacks rock.
<b>22. What's your opinion on the undead?</b> They're too easy to kill.
<b>23. Could you tell Aeris was going to die before the end of disc 1?</b> Disc 1 of what?
<b>24. Are female lead characters acceptable?</b> Yep, although I've yet to see any. Well... FF6 starts out with Terra, but you can hardly call her the main character, since each one has their individual story, save GoGo, and you don't need to have anyone in your party per se.
<b>25. Do you usually find the "secret" characters in RPGs?</b> Do I? Most of the time they're the best in the game. Magus from CT has the best magic. GoGo from FF6 is simply THE BEST. Mimics just rule.
<b>26. Ever made your own RPG storyline?</b> Well, I DO play D&D, and I'm the occasional Dungeon Master with that, so yeah.
<b>27. Have you ever played a fan-translated or imported RPG?</b> Tales of Phantasia was never officially translated. But it's the greatest SNES RPG of them all. Thank you DeJap!
<b>28. What do you think of RPGs based off of popular anime series?</b> They're okay.
<b>29. Which is better, being able to see your foes before you fight them, or random encounters?</b> I don't really care. It doesn't make a difference to me. I fight almost every enemy I encounter.
<b>30. Do you own any RPG soundtracks?</b> None.
<b>31. Was super mario RPG a little too much?</b> I liked it, Paper Mario's okay too.
<b>32. Pokemon- your opinion?</b> It's okay, actually. It's collecting and it's RPGing. It's nice.
<b>33. If you were an RPG character, what level would you be on?</b> 1. I'd probably be a magic character, and since I dunno any spells, I think I'm just starting.
<b>34. What character class would you be?</b> Black Mage.
<b>35. You've just completed this survey! what did you think of the ending?</b> Could be far more original.
Just...Stay away from me will ya?
Mercury_Alex
Regular Poster

Return to DOOM Army, The