I really should put that link up...Oh, and..rant warning.

Postby Blackthorn on Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:28 pm

Opps, still no links.So, only 2 people including self visited forum, so just have to bugger on about nothing again.Oh well.
Maybe should get livejournal instead, but there's a limit to how long I can keep pretending that talking to self is funny:P

Anyway.
Went to family reunion this weekend, which turned out not as hideous as I anticipated, but way too much was still taken up by Gran (80, very short, very scottish, very never going to find out that I wrote this thank GOD) going on about how much she hated Titanic.
I don't hate it.It's hardly the War and Peace of the film world, but it always makes me cry , and that's an achievement, let me tell you.And I hate Leonardo Di Caprio, but the guy dies, so that's okay.
Must admit that I do think that he would have NEVER been able to draw random people like that though.Unless he has a photographic memory,I suppose.
The thing about people is, they move.Try and go draw in a shopping center(that's a mall in American)amount of funny looks you get=345,amount of random old ladies talking to you=12,amount of people telling you they could have gone to art school if younger if only they'd practised more=6,amount of pages of sketches completed =7,amount of scowls security guards give you for sharpening pencil with scalpel=29.Amount of photographically detailed drawings in sketchbook=0.
I rest my case.And now I'm tired of talking to myself, so I'm going to bed:P
Blackthorn
Regular Poster

Postby Sapheire on Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:08 pm

hey..... Well, I'll post. Hmm, I kind of liked Titanic. Granted, it didn't make me cry (although Final Fantasy X did, go figure) but I did like the cinematography in it quite a bit. It really amazed me how many cg people there are in it, and how real they looked. I was like "oh my, that's cg... !" Dicaprio... I do think he's a good actor (not in Titanic, but he proves he can act REALLY well in The Basketball Diaries. I just don't think Jack was a very challenging role.) I don't think he's cute AT ALL though. :razz:

You're right, I don't think dicaprio could do that in real life. Although some people actually can. One of my teachers from the art school could draw like that, but she's about 60 years old, and freaking AMAZING. There's no way that some kid like Jack Dawson could though. :lol:

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Alice
I like bananas.
Sapheire
Regular Poster

Postby Spockerel on Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:50 pm

Hey! I found it!
That is the thing I really don't like about the forum list...how are you supposed to find anything if it's not organized AT ALL? Um, if it is and I've just made an idiot of myself, someone please explain the organization system to me, ok?
Um, yeah, anyway...I'll post too :grin: .
Titanic made me cry when I saw it in theaters, but that was a while ago...I never cry at movies anymore, oddly enough. And I haven't seen Titanic in...wow, about 3 or 4 years now! What, CG people? Now I have to go watch it to find them!
Lauren
Don't you wish "pellucid" was?
Spockerel
Regular Poster

Postby Blackthorn on Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:16 am

whohoo!postage*jumps up and down*Thank you!!
Blackthorn
Regular Poster

Postby RedChr on Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:30 am

Titanic never made me cry, parts where ok, but just not my film. Now High Fidelity, that's the stuff.

Seeing how I have no artistic ability I don't have much room to talk, but, I think part of the fact was she just laid there naked for him and he drew, it was probably supposed to be a time lapsed scene. It was like doing a portrait,plus you never now, he could have practiced a lot. *loves being devils advocate* :smile:

Oh, I like cheese, and I liked Shrek...Just because you asked from the Fate Martyr Sapheire group.

My family has had 1 family reunion. It was very, very interesting. So many relatives I have never seen drunk before comparing who had attractive feet...I was 13, it scared me...horribly...of course going crabbing in the Outer Banks of N.C. was great.
Until Then...
Chris

Respect the Monkeys!!!
For the Monkeys are good.
RedChr

Postby Blackthorn on Sat Mar 30, 2002 12:31 pm

Uh..about the cheese, I tend to babble when I've got a keyboard in front of me.
I'm not even gonna ASK about the feet*lol*
Blackthorn
Regular Poster

Postby Uneide on Mon Apr 01, 2002 4:01 pm

*L* hey nothing wrong with babble.. it's a happy thing... *chuckles* urk, I probably just overlooked them... *kick me later* but where do you keep your banners for linking? do yo uhave different sizes? *goes to look again just in case*
re: titanic, it did get to me the first time I watched it... mostly along the lines of AGH! I want to DRAW LIKE THAT!!!
http://blatah.keenspace.com

A shapeshifting bard. A girl who falls from the sky or is thrown off roofs. a self described stylish monk.

http://www.uneide.com/nocturnia
The winter of the Unseelie...
Uneide
Regular Poster

Postby Blackthorn on Fri Apr 05, 2002 7:56 am

On the links page, just under everyone elses's.
If you don't like those and want to make your own, that's fine by me:P
Blackthorn
Regular Poster

Postby Yuoma on Mon Apr 08, 2002 3:29 pm

You're right, I don't think dicaprio could do that in real life. Although some people actually can. One of my teachers from the art school could draw like that, but she's about 60 years old, and freaking AMAZING. There's no way that some kid like Jack Dawson could though. :lol:

Anyway, that's my opinion.
=============================================

well... if u mean "a kid like jack" refering to his age, it is actually possible for a really young person to be that good at drawing. most of the great ones, along with lots of practice, were born with a gift. people like davinci and michael angelo were great as youths, their art just became disgustingly good with age and practice. kinda like mozart was with music.

Alice

Yuoma
Regular Poster

Postby Yuoma on Mon Apr 08, 2002 3:35 pm

>_<

i am not alice!
<A HREF="http://twelvedragons.keenspace.com"
TARGET=_blank>http://twelvedragons.keenspace.com
</A> ferral dragons, rape, violence, death, dismemberment and cute little fairies
Yuoma
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:56 am

re: titanic, it did get to me the first time I watched it... mostly along the lines of AGH! I want to DRAW LIKE THAT!!!

I can draw like that. Only naked women, though. In case anyone's interested.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Kesiah on Sat Apr 13, 2002 12:32 am

Hello. I'm new and I thought I'd jump in and say something.
I do actually know someone who can draw that fast and well, and he's only 22. He has this awesome ability to sit and draw for like 10 minutes, and when you see the page, it's like a sketch of people near by or walking past!
Kesiah

Postby Tdarra on Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:53 am

this is only my opinion so dnt jump down my throat I dnt really cry at films so it dnt make me cry bt I luvd titanic and I jus LUV Leanordo dicaprio coz e iz sooooooooooooooooooo fit!!! (My opinion) well all ave our won taste Neways y take the piss out of it Must go so bye since i am actually tlkin 2 meself :D
Taz Mania rocks
Tdarra

Return to Blackthorn