***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

Postby Risawn on Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:51 pm

Ok, now that I got you to view this thing, will you just post something already? Anything!!!
Risawn
Regular Poster

Ask and ye shall receive

Postby Barsecca on Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:28 am

SOMETHING!

There. I posted it.
Don't ever say your readers don't do anything for ya, Ris! *grin*

In other news, keep up with the new paint program; it's a wonderful thing when you learn how it works. If you need help I'd be happy to assist with the coloring.
Never say you cannot or you'll be right.
Say you can because you'll be right.
Do not say it's too hard because you'll be wrong.
Believe in yourself, for therein lies the truth.
Barsecca

now that I got somebody's attention. . .

Postby Risawn on Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:15 pm

Ok, so some people do view this thing afterall!

Thanks for the offer, I'll have to keep it in mind when I'm scrunching! meanwhile, I'm using the comic as an excuse to learn the program! I see improvement, if nobody else does.

Meanwhile, I have ideas for the next, oh, umpteenth days. I get most of my ideas while I'm working, since all it is is scan scan, bag bag, I zone out into my own little world and begin thinking "hmm, that's a good idea!"

Actually, I was thinking about this whole spiel with the comic. I have a lot of ideas regarding what I'm going to do. However, I got myself in a tight spot by doing something with my first world. Planning everything out in regards to when they come back (because its obvious they come back!) Having written a lot of stories (scratch that, novels) for the past four or so years almost, I have come up with an interesting stratagy. Write as I go. Some of these characters are about 6 years in the making (Creature and Splash, and our other unicorn friend Magic, the third oldest character in this comic) where as some characters are about are created in a spur of the moment. I'll just sit down and scribble dialog for whatever.

Creating Todd was a spur of the moment thing, but I kind of developed him, and well, over developed him. Now I've kind of wrote myself into a corner, by introducing a character that I am now obligated to introduce at least four more times, and in doing so, has extended the life of this comic by twelve years. Or so. I hope this thing gets somewhat popular for me to go about doing this, because I might run out of steam before that time comes.

Of course, because I did this, I went ahead and introduced two characters I originally had no intention of introducing at this stage, Snow and Magic. Snow had never been, well, formally established as a character, however I have known about her existence sometime since, well, last fall. Why did I introduce these characters? To speed things up! Of course, in introducing them, I have to explain them, as they haven't been explained very well. yet.

The Vortron was very similar. On a spur of the moment, I decided to make the Vortron a living and thinking entity. Sort of. I always knew the vortron existed, but to give it a personality, that was something I never really thought of before.

My real problem, however, in having developed some characters so much, is how do I tell a story without confusing the readers who don't know as much as I do? I think I might worry about this too much, as I don't want to add confusion, but in doing so, I hurt on the story telling aspect.

But anyway, for some reason I do have readers, as quiet as they tend to be, although I don't know exactly how many of them are regulars (I've counted roughly six or seven so far). How many people check the comic once, show up for a few weeks, and never come back? I wish I had some way of knowing.

Oh well. I guess, like everything else I've done in the creative sense, such as five novels and counting, I'm doing this for me as well.
-Sawny

"If you're not confused you're not paying attention."

Risawn
Regular Poster

Return to Creature, Keeper of the Vortron: Dimension Gateway