1 Year!

1 Year!

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7698 on Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:43 am

It is the anniversary of the comic! I've been doing this for one year... wow. And I really haven't gotten much notariety for this in that time. (A personal joke of mine is to say that I'm really doing this out of my own benefit than anything else.) Although, I came into the online comic game quite late, mostly because I didn't know they existed until the summer of 2001. I'm pretty pleased with how the comic has been going since then. The art started out a bit... blah, but it has progressed and been colourized! There was a series before this one, it was extremely Japanese stylized, and influenced by Anime. Then I started to read "The Class Menagerie" and it inspired me to change my style of drawing to be more original. And thus my quest to rid my comic of the anime stylization began. I kept some influences, but I got rid of as much as I could. Even now, with the addition of a new character, the series is constantly changing. It had very humble beginnings from when I started drawing the starting grounds of it during the transiton of winter to spring of my Freshman year of High School. Which was 2001, I believe. Although, some characters have existed prior to that, but as different series and personality alltogether. I tried to keep as much as I could. In all actuality, Sean is the oldest character of all of them. The newest character being implemented was actually in the plans and original rough drafts since early summer of 2001. But she was a lot different. I kept the name, though, and changed her role to a great extent, including her age. (Although, she is still a foreigner.) Rei is a character I wish I could do more with, but I think he'll have to be a minor one. I drew each character from a variety of inspirations, which I guess makes this series unique and special.

I'd like to thank my readers, John "The Gneech" Robey, Vince Suzukawa, Rob "Raemonde" Tuffley, and Rachel Dukes for inspirations and the good wishes that have kept me going. And Keenspace for being a good service provider and automating things that made my life a LOT easier (even if it does go down sometimes).
ZOMBIE USER 7698
Regular Poster

Postby Thefletch on Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:47 pm

Congratulations! I'd like to say I was here for it all, but alas, only 3 months. Still, yours is one of the few comics (on a list of 30-40) that I canremember the name of without checking. (This is a good thing)

Keep it up! Pleeeease?
*blows Aegof's chair up*
Thefletch

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7698 on Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:41 pm

thefletch wrote:Congratulations! I'd like to say I was here for it all, but alas, only 3 months. Still, yours is one of the few comics (on a list of 30-40) that I canremember the name of without checking. (This is a good thing)

Keep it up! Pleeeease?

I wasn't planning on stopping it. =D
ZOMBIE USER 7698
Regular Poster

YAYBO!

Postby Smithburg on Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:09 am

One year! YAY! I think ive been here for most of it, but im nt sure. Ive been trying to get to the forums but comp problems are slowing it down. Anyway, Goncrats!

-Mike
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Smithburg
Regular Poster

Return to Go For It!