neon genesis....nekomimikun!?!

neon genesis....nekomimikun!?!

Postby Witch Baby and Yugi on Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:09 pm

nikki: neko, for some strange and really BIZARRE reason, your drawing style reminds me of neon genesis evangelion.....hmmm...maybe watching the whole box set in one day was a bad idea....
Harbari Girlz iz coming! Habari Girlz iz coming!
Join Kay, the smart punk fox, Nikki, the 17 year old first grader ferret, and Monkey-Alien, a rabid Monkey frum San Jose, New Mexico (There is one now!) on their journey through life under one roof in Tokyo,Arizona (Yep, there's one of those too!) December for sure!
Witch Baby and Yugi
Regular Poster

Postby Bengal on Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:02 pm

To hell with boxed sets, buy the entire series one DVD at a time like I did. Support the Anime industry with LOTS OF MONEY!!!! Yes!
Bengal
Regular Poster

Postby Witch Baby and Yugi on Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:30 pm

nikki: i got it for a really good deal tho. $109.99 instead of $169.99 at best buy...really good deal
Join Kay, the smart punk fox, Nikki, the 17 year old first grader ferret, and Monkey-Alien, a rabid Monkey frum San Jose, New Mexico (There is one now!) on their journey through life under one roof in Tokyo,Arizona (Yep, there's one of those too!) December for sure!
Witch Baby and Yugi
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7698 on Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:36 pm

Hmm. Wow, that was one of my first animes. (A Gateway anime if you will). I saw it as it was coming out on VHS (as DVD wasn't really around much then). Gawd, that was YEARS ago. Well, I guess that might have been an early influence for me. Since I stopped drawing after 3rd grade and then I started up again in 6th grade. And I didn't start caring about drawing until I was in 8th grade, So that has given me about 3 years of self-teaching in drawing. And, the only other person at my school who DID draw drew in the Anime style.
Well, I think I learned to draw hair, hands, and the shapes of the heads from that one, but, I now draw eyes MUCH simpler, so it is more unique, I guess. Although, from my OLD (rarely seen) alpha series "Soreike, Nekomimi-kun!", I have purged much of the anime/manga influence from my style. (Since many have accused me of doing a style that is overdone, and the fact that I decided to stop it for some reason).
Hrm...
Well, I dunno what to say. Heh.
ZOMBIE USER 7698
Regular Poster

Postby Witch Baby and Yugi on Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:49 am

nikki: i think its the way u draw profiles that reminds me so much.
Witch Baby and Yugi
Regular Poster

Postby Witch Baby and Yugi on Sat Oct 05, 2002 4:38 pm

nikki: I just noticed sumthing else...Mina looks an awful lot like Hikari, the class rep frum Eva......hmm...scary
Witch Baby and Yugi
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7698 on Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:57 pm

Actually, I didn't base Mina off of her. She is actually based off of a really obscure video game from 1996. And Lina also came off of the same design. I'll probably reveal what game it is at a later time. =P
Some could also make the observation that Mina resembles Moto from "Boogiepop Phantom". Although, I designed the series WAAY before I saw BP.
ZOMBIE USER 7698
Regular Poster

Postby Witch Baby and Yugi on Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:42 am

nikki: Ahhh! I just got Neon Genesis Evangelion:Death & Rebirth the other day and I had the sudden urge to visit your site for sum reason Neko......Shinji is telling me things in my head......gravy....[/b]
Witch Baby and Yugi
Regular Poster

Return to Go For It!