Hymn to Pi

Postby Franc28 on Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:41 am

I retract what I said on your intelligence, Nell. How someone can confound me with a three year old takes more stupidity than I can imagine.

It's funny how half the responses today are Franc-bashing. I have no idea why, but if this is some kind of idea to get me to leave, you severely underestimate my persistence. At least go for something personal (after five years on the Internet, generic insults just aren't cutting it for me anymore).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Franc28 on 2002-04-05 08:47 ]</font>
Franc28
Regular Poster

Postby Pharaoh Mobius on Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:29 pm

On 2002-04-05 08:41, Franc28 wrote:
How someone can confound me with a three year old takes more stupidity than I can imagine.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Franc28 on 2002-04-05 08:47 ]</font>

I agree. Using a three year old to confound you is <I>seriously</i> wasting the three year old's ability. I'd say it'd take a two and-a-half year old, maximum, to confound you.
He came, he saw, he *poin*-ed and laughed.
Pharaoh Mobius
Regular Poster

Postby Franc28 on Fri Apr 05, 2002 2:23 pm

And your evidence of this is ? Can you show me a three year old, even, who can get on the internet and communicate this way ? Or are you just pulling this out of your ass ?
Evil will always win because good is stupid. Yes, that includes you.
http://www.insolitology.com - the bizarre on the web, from Alex Chiu to Scientology, all in one place !
Franc28
Regular Poster

Postby BAKAweed on Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:02 pm

mmmmm sexist comments... MORE PoWah(power) to yoU, and Franc... when a 2 1/2 year olds ability confounds you dont you think you've been beaten? i mean... even more so the that good ole' sexist basterd F.D. beat you, more power to ya flaming
BAKAweed
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8251 on Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:57 pm

Hoooookay, methinks this is geeting a wee bit out of hand, kids. Franc, you're taking our "insults" a little too seriously. NOTHING on this board should really be taken seriously. Some of the things you posted were annoying, you even said so yourself. SO it's only natural that we annoy you back. Don't get all huffy aboot it.
ZOMBIE USER 8251
Regular Poster

Postby Franc28 on Fri Apr 05, 2002 7:52 pm

PyroSkank, you are the one who first derailed this thread. Insert foot in mouth, jackass. I made this thread to glorify and praise Pi, and you heretics have shot it to hell. Oh, you are sooooo going to suffer in Flatland when you die. I'll rejoice hearing you cry in one-dimensional pain for eternity !

PS if you think criticizing an idiotic statement is "huffy", maybe you have a problem. Have you thought about psychotherapy ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Franc28 on 2002-04-05 20:08 ]</font>
Franc28
Regular Poster

Postby Vedasisme on Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:41 pm

Franc, I'm doing my best not to resort to vulgar language. I haven't read a single friendly word from you since you first got here.

And just so you know, technically, "one-dimensional" does not include time, so one could not experience pain, or scream. And flat things are TWO-dimensional.

Oh, and Pi rocks. Just to
a)make you happy
b)make you just slightly pissed.
~I think I am, therefore I am, I think.
Vedasisme
Regular Poster

Postby Nell on Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:42 pm

I always apologize where apologies are due. Anger impairs judgement, Franc, and I lost my temper. I apologize for my comment about your supposed age. Bury the hatchet? :smile:
ph33r /|3 4 1 @/| l337! l337 _ 1|<3 @ ph0x!
Nell
Regular Poster

Postby Franc28 on Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:49 pm

Thanks Nell. I already sent the hatchet in orbit. (^_^)

vedasisme :
1. I was talking about spatial dimensions.
2. I'm glad you think Pi rocks. You're not a heretic. You can sleep in peace now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Franc28 on 2002-04-05 20:51 ]</font>
Franc28
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8251 on Sat Apr 06, 2002 6:07 am

DERAILED?!?!?
Okay, if you were actually serious about praising the glorious Pi and such, I'm sorry for my insensitivity, but I took it as a joke, and responded as such. I was, as I'm sure many were, sick of you constantly posting about the wonderousness of Pi. We get it. You like Pi. Great, keep it to yourself.

My previous post was simply an attempt to calm everybody down, and I thought the easiest way to do that would be to get you to settle, because many people are upset with you right now. I felt you were being "huffy" because you were taking everything so seriously. I submit a quote from the Simpsons,

Bart:We can tell everybody in town! Let's put it on the internet!

Lisa:No, we have to get this out to people whose opinions actually matter.

I don't hate you Franc, but sometimes you get on my nerves, and you seem to get upset waaay too easily. I didn't mean any harm, and I'm sorry if I insulted you.

-Pyro

P.S. Don't call me a jackass.
ZOMBIE USER 8251
Regular Poster

Postby Franc28 on Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:34 am

Yea ok, I won't talk about Pi anymore. There was no need to go thru all this just to tell me that. What extravagance.
http://www.insolitology.com - the bizarre on the web, from Alex Chiu to Scientology, all in one place !
Franc28
Regular Poster

Postby SuperRube on Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:49 pm

I think you're all missing the greater point here:

A womans place is in the kitchen.
"L.H. Putgrass and his arteries thank you."
SuperRube

Postby FlamingDeth on Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:12 pm

*TDTLTTOBNL mauls Rube*

Now who didn't see that coming?

*almost everyone raises their hand*

...right. Wrong forum for that.
I am an arrogant bastard.
FlamingDeth
Regular Poster

Postby Franc28 on Sat Apr 06, 2002 4:26 pm

SuperRube, you must be right.
Franc28
Regular Poster

Postby Nell on Sat Apr 06, 2002 4:49 pm

Heh, I'd argue that. I'm a woman, but I'm a HORRIBLE cook. I've literally managed to blow up salad.

Nasty little incident involving lighter fluid that I thought was oil...
ph33r /|3 4 1 @/| l337! l337 _ 1|<3 @ ph0x!
Nell
Regular Poster

Postby Franc28 on Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:40 pm

Nell, then you must not be a "proper woman". Your DNA must be all screwed up.
Franc28
Regular Poster

Postby Vedasisme on Sun Apr 07, 2002 8:58 am

ooooo...
~I think I am, therefore I am, I think.
Vedasisme
Regular Poster

Postby Pharaoh Mobius on Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:00 am

I'm not posting this to flame, but rather to debate (calmly, mind you) a point.
[Franc said]
vedasisme :
1. I was talking about spatial dimensions.

Though time is conceptually segregated from the "physical" dimensions of length, width, and depth, I would argue that this distinction is an academic one, at best. While we can move freely about (within limitations of gravity and such) within "physical" space, we experience time vectorally (that is, we travel through said dimension at a constant rate in a single direction). While that does make time as a dimension experientially different than the "physical" dimesions for us, it does not necessarily mean that time is *objectively* different from the other three dimensions we directly experience. After all, tachyons and other subatomic particles are theorized to be able to travel back and forth through time.
So, what are your thoughts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pharaoh Mobius on 2002-04-09 07:01 ]</font>
Pharaoh Mobius
Regular Poster

Postby Franc28 on Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:21 am

Yes, yes, I know that spacetime is one whole. I'm not that stupid. I was referring to spatial dimensions within time, as in the droll story "Flatland", where we explore universes made of one and two spatial dimensions, inhabited by geometric forms.
Franc28
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8251 on Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:00 pm

Well, I kinda have a hard time envisioning one-dimensional space. Wouldn't that just be a bunch of lines side by side sliding back and forth?
ZOMBIE USER 8251
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to IanComix