Leos Rant Against Disney

Postby FlamingDeth on Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:28 am

Here's my rant against Disney.

There isn't enough doom in their movies.
FlamingDeth
Regular Poster

Postby Leo-chan on Sat Mar 30, 2002 6:53 pm

-sings the Doom Song-
Turning bishonen into plushies since Sailor Moon.

-Leo-chan, ALL MIGHTY FRYING PAN OF OUCH! wielder, Mans Worst Enemy, Chrono Trigger Mistress, IanComix Forum Queen, Master Otaku
Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Pirate on Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:22 pm

The Matrix: Mickey Style
Pirate
Regular Poster

Postby Leo-chan on Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:57 am

That's just scary

-Leo-chan, ALL MIGHTY FRYING PAN OF OUCH! wielder, Mans Worst Enemy, Chrono Trigger Mistress, IanComix Forum Queen, Master Otaku
Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Saist on Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:27 am

while my problems with Disney extend to the more social happenings of their execs, the movies have indeed gone down in quality.

Like the recall of "The Resucers" because a couple frames in the re-release contatined nude pictures.
The endless Television spin-offs of great movies (Aladdin) or halfway decent flicks (Little Mermaid)
Dare I even touch the video game licenses?

Is Disney still Disney? Not any longer. Walt Disney, the founder, went on record several times against doing direct sequels to movies as they cheapen the original production. Like Mary Poppins. Could a sequel really do justice to the acting of Dick Van Dyke and Julia Andrews? I don't think so. Could Robin Hood be remade without the wacky narration and Singing of Roger Miller?

Another thing that made the original productions stand out was when Disney did them. Like Bedknobs and Broomsticks which came out when many people were just starting to get over WWII.

Now we get trash like Scream and Natural Born Killers from Miramax. If the cultural relationship is the same, ouch.

Yes, Disney Studios still can do some good stuff. Monster's Inc, Bug's Life, Toy Story are all good examples. But it's not the same level of acting that our parents knew. It's not the same Disney. The Disney that years ago embraced family values and telling a good story now rejects families, openly supports homosexuals, and has become literally the second largest purveyer of visual filth next to AOL/Time Warner which doesn't even list itself as a family friendly business.

And the really weird part comes recently when Eisner went on record here
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/24594.html
as copied from the Financial Times

"For me, theft of property, via the internet or any other way, is not only alarming because of the material loss but also disconcerting because it implies the loss of the moral compass on which our society is based."

Uh huh. Feel free to laugh now people.
I am chaos purified, Insanity unchained
Look for the Hurricane, for that is where I will be
I am the one, the only, tha Saist
Saist

Postby Nell on Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:01 pm

I have mixed feelings about Disney.

Walt Disney himself had beautiful ideas and a glorious dream about what children's film-making should be-something pure, innocent, with just enough peppering of the surreal and fantastic to keep the kiddies dreaming. There was something there, in those films of his, that made everyone smile again, no matter the age, race, or gender. Walt Disney set out to create this fabulous world for us, without previous thought to profit or fame(although, obviously, he did ultimately achieve both of these). But in many cases, death destroys vision.

With death, comes attempt at recreation. And with recreation comes inevitable cheapening. This is my belief.

When Walt Disney died (A tragic passing, he was a great man, in my opinion), the company was left to continue creating great films. And they were, for a while. Aladdin was awesome. Lion King was wonderful. Toy Story was perfectly done, and Mulan was pretty dang good. But things are starting to go downhill. The vision Walt Disney originally had is fading, and fading quickly.

Some see that has terrible.

I just see it as sad.
ph33r /|3 4 1 @/| l337! l337 _ 1|<3 @ ph0x!
Nell
Regular Poster

Postby Sexynoodles on Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:19 pm

AAAAAAAHHH!!! Will you damn people never STOP?! Message board people are most certainly a weird breed! Makes me wish I'm not becoming one, some of you! I mean.... DISNEY!!! Is nothing sacred? You can't even watch a simple fairy tale without taking it apart and pointing out all the funny little bits like someone dissecting a frog. It's just....sick! You guys take life WAY to seriously...:roll:
One thing I will give you: yeah, most of the sequals suck. Rescuers Down Under was good, though. So was Toy Story2(what I saw of it).
Smiley! Start pourin'! Nothin' like a little alcohal to grease th' wheels of mob mentality!
Sexynoodles

Postby FlamingDeth on Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:22 pm

Bah...there still isn't <i>nearly</i> enough doom in Disney movies. By the way, welcome to the IanComix forum.

*dooms stuff*
I am an arrogant bastard.
FlamingDeth
Regular Poster

Postby Sexynoodles on Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:40 pm

SWEET BABY JESUS!!! Flamingdeth, you have more posts than I knew it was possible to have!:eek: And thanks! I post at rpgworld under the same name.
Smiley! Start pourin'! Nothin' like a little alcohal to grease th' wheels of mob mentality!
Sexynoodles

Postby Leo-chan on Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:42 pm

Nude frames in the Rescuers? EXPLAIN!

I was little when they came out, and I always thought the Rescuers Down Under came first. I still think it does. Mind explaining?

Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Postby FlamingDeth on Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:12 pm

I too post at the main RPGW board under the same name. But if you think I have a lot of posts, look at Rydia. She started off a while back using the name Rydia, got to about 400 posts, then keenspace ate her account. Then she began using the name Rydia-chan, and later EmpressRydia. Each of those has about 2500 posts. Then, the board let her use her Rydia acout again. She has about 800 posts on that, for a grand total of 6200 posts. That's not counting the non-keenspace forums, like the 200 or so she has in the keenspot forums, and the 2000 or so she has in the Adventurers! forum. Feel insignifigant yet?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FlamingDeth on 2002-04-11 21:33 ]</font>
FlamingDeth
Regular Poster

Postby Leo-chan on Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:25 pm

This Rydia...she is a threat to my empire! I want this girl dead! I want her dog dead! I want her video game chars dead! I want her fish dead! But if she has any kitties, bring them to me.

Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Postby FlamingDeth on Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:34 pm

...empire?
I am an arrogant bastard.
FlamingDeth
Regular Poster

Postby Pharaoh Mobius on Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:23 am

<I>Leo's Empire Strikes Out</i>

Inning's over! Change sides!
He came, he saw, he *poin*-ed and laughed.
Pharaoh Mobius
Regular Poster

Postby Saist on Sun Apr 14, 2002 1:52 am

it went reported in several magazines, but the VHS re-release of a Rescuers movie contained a few frames of a totally nude woman. When the albatross is flying through the city, one of the skyscraper windows has the pics in it. But they were off-odd frames so that they never appeared long enough to register to the human eye. What the employee who did it as a joke failed to account for was the people who like to pause their movies to go grab something else from the fridge. Someone ( I don't know who) happened to light on the touched up frames and promptely made a huge ole fuss about it.

And then if you want to continue to sexual deviations into the Disney ranks, ever notice what the VHS cover of "Little Mermaid" has on it.

And slow down "Lion King" to about 1/8 speed when the herd stampedes (to kill the king) Some VHS and a few of the first DVD's have some pretty interesting writing in there. Never mind the warthog/marakeet mix that went public as the first homosexual mainstream characters.

Lately, if you have any morals at all, Disney just seems to be the guys to pick on. As if they didn't bring it upon themselves.
Saist

Previous

Return to IanComix