Leos Rant Against Disney

Postby Leo-chan on Sun Mar 03, 2002 5:16 pm

As most of you may know Disney has come up with another of their infamous made-for-tv movie sequels. This time it was Cinderella.

As far as I know, only two Disney sequels have made it to the big screen, Toy Story 2, and Peter Pan 2.

I never really liked Cinderella. I suppose I did when I was little, but there are a few things I hate about the original one now that I reflect on it. Most of it is the false morals I learned growing up.

First of all, mice do not wear clothes. They bite...hard. I learned that the hard way.

If your ugly, your not evil. Disney has gotten better at saying beauty is not all that matters (Maybe thats why I like Beauty and the Beast so much), and Hunchback of Notre Dame. But I didn't like the fact that the evil step-sisters where ugly.

There is no such thing as love at first sight, in my opinion. One of the biggest things that pisses me off is that Prince Charming falls for Cinderella as soon as he sees her. He dances with her and gives her a kiss, and he goes on this noble quest to find her. These days, I honestly think that nothing works that way.

No fairy godmother will ever come and make everything all better. I learned this the hard way too. Maybe if the fairy godmother was more like Whitney Houston from Roger and Hammersteins version...

Cats are cool. I am a Leo, and being of the kitty people, just because cats chase mice, they are NOT evil. Its their nature. One thing Disney LOVES to do is make cats villains. Make any movie associated with animals, and you can bet that the its the cat thats evil. Either that, or the humans are. Cats have had it bad in America for a long time. THEY are the ones that get ripped to shreds by dogs, drowned in rivers in the old days, and have their skin used to fix warts. DOGS are the ones that spread rabies and attack little kiddies at bus stops.

And one last thing about Disney Sequels: Don't bother renting them, you'll see them on ABC in three months. DONE!
Turning bishonen into plushies since Sailor Moon.

-Leo-chan, ALL MIGHTY FRYING PAN OF OUCH! wielder, Mans Worst Enemy, Chrono Trigger Mistress, IanComix Forum Queen, Master Otaku
Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Nell on Sun Mar 03, 2002 9:37 pm

Hear! Hear!
ph33r /|3 4 1 @/| l337! l337 _ 1|<3 @ ph0x!
Nell
Regular Poster

Postby ShouldBeWorking on Sun Mar 03, 2002 9:56 pm

Let me start this by saying that I too, am not very fond of Disney, but for many other reasons besides their straight-to-video sequels that yes, suck, and yes, shouldn't have been made in the first place. However, I am a fan of the story of cinderella (not necessarily the Disney version)and just had to say some stuff to defend it....because, well, it holds happy childhood memories of watching it with my mom and the more-common- than-not girlish wish to be a princess...so, here goes "my rant that follows Leo's rant and that isnt in opposition to her rant, just a rant to accompany it"

That cartoon was done way back in the day when certain social mores were in fashion which I am sure most people do not follow anymore (you can find a wife in 3 days, just pick the prettiest one....the only way the girls will be provided for is to find a husband, so try for the richest one you can...stupid stuff like that...)

Secondly, I always saw it that their evilness and jealousy MADE them ugly, instead of the other way around, and that Cinderella's goodness MADE her that much prettier. So that if they were nicer, they wouldn't be/seem ugly--remember the faces they always made? Nobody looks pretty making those! Try it....a scrunched nose is only cute for so long...hehe..

Also, in this second movie, kitty lovers, Lucifer finds love in the cute white cat (which I think lives at the palace) and he's not so bad after all, just influenced by the evil stepmother and stuff....which shows that people can change and that not all kitties are bad. (i only saw parts of it, so hey, even i could be off on this one--friend's kid was watching it and i only paid it a little attention)

Yes, America is a more Dog-favoring country, because of our settling fore-fathers the puritans, who were highly superstitious and regarded cats as mediums and familiars for witches...that and they had a weird work ethic and they viewed the dog that helped in the field more valuable than the cat that kept mice from the barn...eh, what did they know?....I like cats too-unfortunately I am allergic so I can only be around them for a short time...no kitties for me :sad:...

Disney's sequels are always stupid.....heck, Disney's films are too....but remember, we're seeing this from the view point of worldly, cynical peole who are at least in their teens--everything is either stupid or cool--but to children who find Barney entertaining, cartoons about princesses and clothed mice are nice fairy tales and they like em...and its just that- A FAIRY TALE...gah, those are usually stupid anyway...i mean, she has a fairy godmother for goodness sakes!! (sometimes i wish i had one who had winning lottery numbers... hehe)

Oh, and Disney is getting a little wiser--they bought the rights to "spirited away", the latest anime from the oh-so-talented Miyazaki.....so they can't be ALL evil :wink:
spurning OTAKU since Astro Boy....
ShouldBeWorking
Regular Poster

Postby Leo-chan on Mon Mar 04, 2002 4:06 pm

Disney Sequels=Evil

How many more movies must suffer?

-Leo-chan, ALL MIGHTY FRYING PAN OF OUCH! wielder, Mans Worst Enemy, Chrono Trigger Mistress, IanComix Forum Queen, Master Otaku
Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Postby John D Moore on Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:34 pm

Not everyone thinks Disney sucks. Take me for example. I'm an unabashed Disney fan. Even their modern films are pretty good. Their direct-to-video crap is just that, of course -- crap.
But still, I'm a Disney fan through-and-through. Gotta love the magic.
...And I'm 19 years old, mentally competent (kinda), male, and, yes, straight.

<b>edit</b>: I'd like to add, though, that I think some of their corporate practices are a tad on the evil side, but I still love Disney -- especially classic Disney. Walt's dream.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John D Moore on 2002-03-04 19:36 ]</font>
John D Moore
Regular Poster

Postby Bigeoff on Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:55 pm

While we're on the Disney Bashing Train... Mr. Eisner is really starting to piss me off... (Now I know that not everyone is a mac fan so I got this of of maccentral.com... but everyone shold be angry about this)

"The Hollywood Reporter noted that Walt Disney Co. president and CEO Michael Eisner has taken computer makers, including Apple, to task for fostering piracy...

...Eisner accused the computer industry of considering piracy its new "killer app." He singled out Apple's "Rip, Mix, Burn" ad campaign of 2001 as an example of this type of behavior...

...Apple's ad campaign suggested to potential buyers "that they can create a theft if they buy this computer," said Eisner, who otherwise ignored Apple's iPod ad campaign, which features prominent warnings against stealing music. "

article here

...and there you have it folks...
~Later Days
Bigeoff
Regular Poster

Postby Leo-chan on Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:32 pm

iMac and Disney...which is more evil?

ME OF COURSE!

AHAHAHA!

Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Pharaoh Mobius on Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:08 am

Susan Sarandon is, without a doubt, the most eVil person alive today. Followed closely by Kevin Costner, Julia Roberts, and Richard Gere. I shudder to think of what would result if they all decided to combine their genes into one unholy progeny. *shudder*
Pharaoh Mobius
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8251 on Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:33 am

You forgot Rush Limbaugh and Ron Popeil. There is something very off-putting about that man.
ZOMBIE USER 8251
Regular Poster

Postby Pharaoh Mobius on Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:00 am

Nah, I don't have a problem with Rush. 'Course, I'm a Pulp Villain, so that might have something to do with it.

Now Popeil... he <I>is</I> quite evil, but not as bad as the Cabal of Four (see above).
He came, he saw, he *poin*-ed and laughed.
Pharaoh Mobius
Regular Poster

Postby Leo-chan on Wed Mar 06, 2002 5:06 pm

....who the hell are half these people?

Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Pirate on Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:22 pm

Disney owns almost everything. They own ABC. They own the Family channel (since ABC owns that). They own half of Florida and California. In fact, the only things they don't own are the things owned by the one man who can save us from this mouse tyranny: Ted Turner! SAVE US TURNER!

Also, I plan on making fun of Disney's love for crappy sequels in my future comic. Oh just you wait for them. One of them will be entitled: "Pinnochio 2: Gepetto's Revenge" yeah, it's like that.
Pirate
Regular Poster

Postby Leo-chan on Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:24 pm

Alice and Wonderland 2: Weed Helps!

Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Pirate on Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:39 pm

Snow White and the 14 Dwarves (wink wink)
Pirate
Regular Poster

Postby Pharaoh Mobius on Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:58 am

Mary Poppins 2: The Wrath of Kahn.
He came, he saw, he *poin*-ed and laughed.
Pharaoh Mobius
Regular Poster

Postby KingOfDoma on Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:10 pm

The Nutty Professor 2...

... oh wait...
KingOfDoma

Postby Y|yukichigai on Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:23 pm

Lemmings 2: Suicide with Style!

Yeah, I'm rather pissed at Disney over this one. For those of you that don't know, gather round and let Uncle Yuki tell you a story....

Back in the 50s or 60s (<i>can't remember, wasn't alive</i>) Disney decided to do a documentary on Lemmings. Well the roll up onto this island (<I>Guinea, right?</i>) and start filming. Well apparantly the Lemmings were slightly more than scared of these huge guys carrying even bigger cameras and started to scatter. Being the dumb Disney folk the people were they decided to follow the Lemmings. As they continued to go after the ever-growing -- and now stampeding -- group of Lemmings they started heading towards a cliff, but instead of thinking "well gee, these little guys are so scared they probably won't be able to stop until it's too late" the crews just kept coming. So the Lemmings kept running and promptly ran off the edge of the cliff, falling into the sea. And since Disney was regarded at the time as the common man's National Geographic (<i>or something</i>) the special on the Lemmings that Disney aired was taken as the gospel truth. Moral of the story: Lemmings aren't stupid, Disney is.

Nice theme parks though,
Y|yukichigai
Y|yukichigai
Regular Poster

Postby Leo-chan on Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:21 pm

Wow! That was interesting!

Monsters Inc 2: Boo Takes the Pill

Aladdin 3: %*#@, Another One?

Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Princessmadashelly on Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:31 am

Oh goody disney bashing! What I hate even more than the crappy straight to video movies are the t.v series! They totally screw around with the story and they bring in way to many new characters. Not to mention artwork that looks like it was drawn using the "old stick a pencil halfway up my butt then try to scribble dowm a picture balancing on my heels and hands in the crab position" technique. (Of course I've never tried it :razz:). Also some of the hidden perverse scenes such as the little mermaid when ursala goes to marry prince eric check out the priest boner dancing around in the wind. (must have first video release).......oh yeah at the public library I saw a conspiracy book on good old walt... apparently he was some military spy!
Princessmadashelly
Regular Poster

Postby Leo-chan on Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:58 pm

...lovely...

Leo-chan
Regular Poster

Next

Return to IanComix