Overnight...

Overnight...

Postby Sapphire on Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:37 pm

It once was said, that some things change overnight. How ironic. Things change in the span of one day's shadow, yes, but how greatly can they change?

Not much.

Yes, of course, a great change can and usually does start with the smallest of playthings; a candle flickers before a house is set afire, or a teardrop falls before its bearer decides what must be done. but aside usually it only the first domino that falls one night. So, how have we changed in the year that Lacunae has gone barren from us?

I remember being afraid then. I remember being lost and alone then. And I remember a story that lived, of razor-draw-mouthed rabbits, of dark moons and blood-red stars, of the eyeless and the souless combined, of scared poets and brazen lovers, of death and of finding hope in the darkest of deaths.

Why is it gone? I pose the question to everyone. Why? To those who once walked the black streets of Melbourne, wondering what came behind the next corner and what this twisted, writhing wonderland would throw light upon next. To those who once speculated on the fate of these inexistent forms, brought to life through every viewing. But especially to you, Silverblue.

Sapphire's dancing azure shines across the black of this space to a fading, misty Silverblue.

Please. There are many people who would welcome, celebrate, rejoice in your return. When you left us, the thumb on the button, this ultimate piece of stone cold inaction mixed almost violently with leaving us at the cusp of action, so close that dreams flail as to what comes next; a fire we dream of so hard we feel heat, an explosion we see so well it slows down.

When you left us, it was almost a promise; no goodbyes. Sort of a 'see you later.' With a later never to come. So I call you out; cull you from the herd and demand of you one of two options. You have to, through the nature of your work and the nature of who you are, continue with this world and let them again live, or explain to us you meant goodbye.

In advance, if you say goodbye to us,
then goodbye.

We'll miss you.
I would have hoped to say something meaninful, or possible inciteful. But, alas.
How goes the world today? From right to left or left to right? Perhaps it runs round mad reels, turning in on itself only at long last to blow away with the leaves and gutter-trash.
How goes the world today? Top to Bottom or Bottom to Top? Perhaps it will rise high enough so that it may see the back of its own head, in a maddening tunnel of infinity.
How goes the world today? Clockwise or Counter? Perhaps it will spin itself mad, curling a spring-from into endlessness.
Or maybe, today, it will just stop.
Sapphire
Regular Poster

Postby Sapphire on Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:46 pm

Oh, screw it all!

There's got to be some way to get Lacunae back to us! I mean, just look at the facts! there was a dedicated fanbase that kept returning with near-masochistic consistency to see if Lacunae would come back, and I know I am not alone when I say I want it to start again.

Just come on! despite having been gone for a year, more than a year, 13 months, there was still enough of a fanbase left in through it all that at least 17 people were still reading my post. 17 people were checking the message boards. Think about that! 13 months, no contact, no update, nothing at all to give us any hope that we would ever see the dark of Melbourne or the light of hope shining in the blackstreets, but so great was our desire that we will not give up for anything! We will always look into the ashes that once was this Lacunae fire and always will we see, or claim to see, a single ember worm-writhing yet glowing with life!

Surely, put together, we can convince the author that she has accomplished something real, something very outstanding, and make us feel how she has left us!

This is a call to arms in a battle of souls! All of you who search for the embers, help us fan the flames! I ask of you, what can you do to return Lacunae? What can we do together? How will we bring back what was lost to us, returning to the dreams and seeing the state of Lacunae, as well as the many who once again long for it, change overnight?

...I go over the top, don't I?
Oh, well. In a world of Leet, *shudders*, I suppose some poets like me are kinda nice.
Oh, yeah, and passion with the fires burning and all the pretty image stuff.
I'm babbling again.
Oh well... again. my signature's worse.

With love,
Sapphire
I would have hoped to say something meaninful, or possible inciteful. But, alas.
How goes the world today? From right to left or left to right? Perhaps it runs round mad reels, turning in on itself only at long last to blow away with the leaves and gutter-trash.
How goes the world today? Top to Bottom or Bottom to Top? Perhaps it will rise high enough so that it may see the back of its own head, in a maddening tunnel of infinity.
How goes the world today? Clockwise or Counter? Perhaps it will spin itself mad, curling a spring-from into endlessness.
Or maybe, today, it will just stop.
Sapphire
Regular Poster

motion seconded

Postby Sonofsol849 on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:07 pm

Hey Sapphire. I, too absolutely adore this comic, and your post just inspired me to: a)join keenspace forums and post this message; and b) d/l and watch msn messenger for Silverblue activity. Thanks a lot, and I hope some others will join us. Silver had some big dreams for this comic (e.g.: a possible d20 based roleplayer based in Lacunae) and I don't want to see her fall short of any of them.

To some of the worried out there: Silver still updates to the VCL (most recent: 11/04/04) and to her blog, so we shouldn't have to worry about that.

If Silver happens to be one of the "17," then please say anything. Anything you could say would be appreciated; if not to know you're back, then just to know you're there. Thanks.[/url]
Sonofsol849

Return to Lacunae