New Bestiary Entry

Postby Silverblue on Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:09 am

There's something new in the bestiary :smile:
Silverblue
Regular Poster

Postby Okaynowa on Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:17 pm

Speaking of the bestiary, etc... will there be anything forthcoming about what exactly the "Lacunae" world is and where it came from? The history the various entries have hinted at suggest you've been working on a much larger story for some time. What's the source?

Or shall I just wait for the strip itself to explain? :smile:

Cheers!
Okaynowa

Postby Silverblue on Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:52 pm

The world is quite developed - I have an 80 or so page 'world bible' about the way it all works, so there's a lot of information to gradually pass out :smile:.

The world will be detailed in upcoming arcs, most specifically the next one ('Wrath') and the following ('I have these doves'). But Keith and I will also be gradually updating the history and bestiary sections. We just don't want to release it all at once because some of the plot arcs rely on secrets (Where did the Phages come from anyway? Why aren't there any humans? How do Changelings actually work? Why is the world so dark and rainy?).

The problem we have is that it's fairly slow to unfold, unfortunately - I wish I had time to draw it every day. And it will be something like Arc 4 before the Book itself actually shows up. Damnit :smile:

I can say that the world is earth in something like the modern day and the setting is Melbourne, Australia. City shots will be somewhat recognisable to Australians, though the skyline is rather different in Lacunae...
Silverblue
Regular Poster

Postby El SillY on Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:14 pm

Why dark and rainy? Gigantic C4 bombs covered in a thick layer of water balloons (dark water balloons).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: El SillY on 2002-04-02 22:15 ]</font>
El SillY
Regular Poster

Postby Silverblue on Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:24 pm

On 2002-04-02 22:14, El SillY wrote:
Why dark and rainy? Gigantic C4 bombs covered in a thick layer of water balloons (dark water balloons).

My God, you guessed!
Silverblue
Regular Poster

Postby El SillY on Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:14 am

On 2002-04-08 15:24, Silverblue wrote:
On 2002-04-02 22:14, El SillY wrote:

My God, you guessed!

That is because I am telepathetic! I can read my, um, someones, mind!!
My tree doesn't like you
El SillY
Regular Poster

Return to Lacunae