Comming in from Something Awful?

And you thought Sci-Fi couldn't get any weirder...

Comming in from Something Awful?

Postby STrRedWolf on Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:50 am

I'd like your constructive criticism here.

What is "constructive criticism?" Well, you primitive screwhead, if you haven't taken your Funk and Wagnals out yet you better do so now! Because you're in my domain now, and if you can't prove your statements like a good lawyer then you're going to be thrown out of court. Haven't all those episodes of Law and Order taught you something, or are you failing your Law and Justice classes in college?

By the way, if you think you can do better, then sign up and show us what you're made of, punk!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby Gowb on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:12 am

One of us has done better.

http://www.drmcninja.com/
Gowb

Postby Tetsuo1 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:17 am

Um, before you start ripping on others for being stupid, you might want to proofread your post.
Tetsuo1

Postby Tetsuo1 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:24 am

Gowb wrote:One of us has done better.

http://www.drmcninja.com/

Holy shit, that's awesome. A few of the panels could do with some tidying up, particularly the first couple with the son and mother, but otherwise that's some quality shit.
Tetsuo1

Your comic makes the internet cry....

Postby YouAreNotSamFisher on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:47 am

Here's the deal,

I have seen some steaming piles in my day, but Stalag99 takes the cake. I take that back, your awful, pointless anthropomorphic comic is slightly better than the awful, INCEST filled anthropomorphic comic in a previous Awful Link of the Day. Sorry to be so harsh (not really, actually), but come on man. There is ZERO plot structure, the basic premise on which any possible plot structure could be built from is shoddy and pulled from the pages of ultra-shitty, pre-Vietnam pulp sci-fi comics, and the "artwork" is at best adequate, and that's me being generous. Your characters, if they could be called that, lack any sort of characteristics which would draw a reader into giving a flying frag about what they're going to say or do. Also, believe it or not, animals that look like horrible nightmares of breast-enhancement gone terribly, terribly wrong? Not making up for lack of plot or clever, random jokes. In fact, it just makes it worse. Don't worry, there's a silver lining to this shit cloud called Hurricane Stalag99. It's not too late. What you need to do is stop making your comic, un-host all your uploaded material, and burn your defiled computer to the ground, then salt the earth upon which it stood. Then, buy a new computer, take some drawing classes, writing classes, visit a shrink to get you away from the anthropomorphic animals with double-D's genre, and start over. You've got the guts to create something and share it with the world, you just need to wipe the slate clean and share something good.
YouAreNotSamFisher

Postby Tetsuo1 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:55 am

As vicious as the preceding was, he has a point:

What's the defining characteristic of Stalag '99? What is it that makes it different from every other webcomic?
Tetsuo1

Postby YouAreNotSamFisher on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:06 am

The defining characteristic, is that it's about a freakin' hermaphrodite wolf-skunk with double-D's of injustice. Just think of all the poor furries who come to this comic to jerk their gerkins to a poorly drawn, busty female wolf-skunk, only to discover at the climax of their criminal act, that she is in fact A SHEMALE! Oh woe to the poor wierdo furries! They have been decieved by an offshoot of wierder furries! Oh well, maybe they'll all join up for a mass suicide pact, and we can all rest easy.
YouAreNotSamFisher

Postby STrRedWolf on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:42 pm

Eh, I had Usenet trolls worse than you, and real people screaming in my face worse than them.

I haven't seen any comic, web or otherwize, with that much eyecandy and NOT be X-rated.

Want eyecandy w/o any plot? I'll point you to White Lightning Productions. They got their own X-rated webcomic, Chocolate Milk Maid. Steriotypical sex comic.

Want to see it here? Sorry, hon, closest you get is the kissing-in-bathroom scene and alot of cut-aways. I'm keeping it PG-13. Isn't that a kick in the teeth!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby Meeeep on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:17 am

Are you bloody deluded? The ridiculous shemale/animal/d-cup thing (X-rated or PG or not) is one of the (many) things wrong with your webcomic. Seriously dude, you have got something wrong with you to be getting off on and producing this poorly made, substandard crap.
Meeeep

Postby Tetsuo1 on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:15 am

While I personally think the whole furry thing - especially the implausibly large breasts - is both fucked up and wrong, I'm not going to bag you on that. I'll stick to bagging you for the fact your comic is poorly written, generic, and indistinct.

I was being honest before, and I hope you'll respond in kind - notice I haven't attacked you, nor been particularly rude. What makes your comic distinctive?
Tetsuo1

Postby Saski Berth on Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:42 am

Fishing for trolls, eh Striker?

Defining characteristics?
-- There is a semi-cohesive plot, with side plots .. and you can actually see the characters grow and 'evolve'..
-- THe characters actually seem to have brains!
-- Yes, the characters are hermaphrodites, but the comic is strictly PG-13 .. not common with that genre.

---

Yes, some folks might be put off by the fact that the comic's furry .. but, I say that all those old comics we watched as kids, with the talking animals, the animals who dressed up like 'attractive' females, the animals who walked and acted like people .. they qualify, in their own way, as 'Furry'.

Learning to look at things with an open mind is important .. not dismissing things simply because you don't understand them. If we dismissed things simply because we didn't understand them, then we'd never have moved past a lot of the things in our history .. including discovering fire.

Persecuting something or somebody because they're different is also something which denotes a closed mind. And don't quote to me how 'God hates Furries' .. if you hold that a diety created everyone in his own image, then who am I to say that said diety can't look like anything they want. I was taught that God loves you, no matter what you look like .. but I'll stop there before I get preachy... :roll:
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Re: Comming in from Something Awful?

Postby Hank freid love on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:19 am

In my opinion the entire furry thing - particularly the implausibly big breasts is both fucked up and incorrect, so i'm not going to bag you on that.
Hank freid love

Return to Stalag '99