'Freaky, innit?'

'Freaky, innit?'

Postby Kendrakirai on Sat May 21, 2005 6:53 am

I'm surprised nobody commented on this one yet. :) So in addition to being a juggler and being excellent at balancing things (Particularily on her head) Bippy's also got the ability to respawn right behind you in the time it takes to blink. :)

Surprised Gin's at the BK though..this is the first time I think we've seen her there alone. She's always been with Ada there before, or playing at Jackie's or Melissa's. Though it's true we don't get to see what happens when everyone's at work..

I suppose going to the BK every day (more or less) is a lot better than her being home alone the whole time...Gin strikes me as the type who is quite happy just drawing or coloring if she doesn't have anybody else to play with. I suppose she wouldn't have lasted too long if she was otherwise. Overactive kids home alone, contrary to a certain movie series, typically aren't able to survive without breaking things..lamps, dishes, their own skulls...

In a slightly non-sequitorish manner, does anybody but me hear Bippy's voice as being high pitched, overly chipper, and very childlike? If Bip and Gin swapped bodies, I don't think anybody would notice for a while.

hehehe...I was reading the archives earlier and remembered anew the beach strip...'She wore out the four year old. Pay up.' Caryn's neat.

You know, we should seriously start a collection or something..or at least get BJ a nice paypal account we can make people shove money into. A whole bunch of webcomic artists not even half as good as BJ are get at least enough money every month that they can take days off from their regular jobs. Maybe if we can get him enough of a nestegg we can get him able to keep a regular schedule on the strips...which could then lead to him being able to *quit* his regular job and do the strip full time. Others can make a living from it, why can't he? That Superosity strip is pretty popular and probably gets a good amount of dough, and I really don't think that strip is very good at all. I know I'd toss a couple of bucks into that if it'd get me more Jackie's Fridge on a passingly-regular basis. I really miss the strip...it's been a month now. I know this is kinda his hobby, but...damn, there's nothing I can say that won't sound like a guilt trip or a demand for more of his time.

BJ, for the record, I don't mind if the backlogged strips aren't colored...that's a luxury for me. Black and white is just fine with me. Heck, I don't even mind the pencil versions. Speaking for myself...maybe others will agree...I think I'd prefer new strips to redone old ones, if given the choice.

Anyhow, BJ, if yer readin' this...you gonna try an' get one of those Hi-MD players? Like four times the runtime on existing MDs and ten times on the Hi-MD ones! They look so *yummy!* If I can find one that doesn't cost as much as a decent laptop that can do a hell of a lot more, I'm gonna try and get it. Hell, for audiobooks *alone* it'll be a godsend. Then there's those radio dramas like the Shadow, Sherlock Holmes, etc...and of course the many, many albums, of which only (Only? Heh) four or five can fit on a regular MD now, depending on disc length...I wanna be able to put my whole music collection on two or three MDs. Not quite as cheap as an ipod, but easier on the batteries (Battery dead? Just pop in a fresh double-A, you're gold for another day), and you won't be as worried about knocking it about as I know I'd be with an ipod. My current MD player is like a little brick of musical goodness, and a Hi-MD wouldn't be much different. With a hard drive and a relatively large LCD screen? MAJOR worries about cracking the screen, or damaging the hard drive for me.

This has been kind of a stream of conciousness thing, hasn't it? Well, I think I'm done now...for now...
Kendrakirai
Regular Poster

Re: 'Freaky, innit?'

Postby Ed Festus on Tue May 24, 2005 7:23 pm

kendrakirai wrote:Anyhow, BJ, if yer readin' this...you gonna try an' get one of those Hi-MD players?

They have Hi-MD players now?! Lordy, I just managed to figure out how to use my regular one. :o
Dessert! Cos you're just not FAT enough.
Ed Festus
Regular Poster

Postby Kendrakirai on Wed May 25, 2005 12:21 pm

Yeah, they're pretty much just like regular MD players, just they can hold actual data, not just music, and they can hold a lot more on existing minidiscs. It'll be perfect for someone like me who likes audiobooks or four or five hour long radio shows (Like Art Bell, though he's seldom on anymore. He more or less retired a bit back.)

Though perhaps I should just get a 128-meg mp3 player or something for audiobooks...they're only like eighty bucks now...but there's just something...I dunno...I just don't like MP3 players.
Kendrakirai
Regular Poster

Re: 'Freaky, innit?'

Postby Crispetynougat on Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:28 pm

kendrakirai wrote:BJ, for the record, I don't mind if the backlogged strips aren't colored...that's a luxury for me. Black and white is just fine with me. Heck, I don't even mind the pencil versions. Speaking for myself...maybe others will agree...I think I'd prefer new strips to redone old ones, if given the choice.

I agree entirely, EXCEPT I would really, really like to see this one page (the "freaky, innit?" one, that is) in color.

On another note. I'd been a regular reader of JF for a long time, until about halfway through the Halloween story arc. I got really busy and kind of forgot to come back until just recently... and I have to say, I'm really digging the new strips. The level of detail feels just right, and oh my do I ever love the new layouts. I think it would be amazing if BJ stuck with this style and totally forsook the four-panel. :D
Crispetynougat

Return to Jackie's Fridge