That Caryn placeholder...

That Caryn placeholder...

Postby Ed Festus on Fri May 28, 2004 9:04 pm

...is just so damn cute, I didn't even need a comic to lift my crappy, in-the-dumps spirits today.

Thanks BJ. I feel much better now. :D
Dessert! Cos you're just not FAT enough.
Ed Festus
Regular Poster

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:10 am

Yeah, it was good. It also brings up a old question. Do we know how the real Caryn is doing? Last I heard she was still recovering from the accident. I don't want to pry into her life, but she was big on the forum for a while, and did manage to become a part of the strip (How did that happen anyway? Shannon's story is pretty easy, but Caryn?), and now she's gone, turned off like a faucet. I guess I just want to know if she's still OK and that she's left active status in our little community here. :(
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Postby BJ on Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:49 pm

I haven't heard from her at all. I still have her old email address, maybe I should shoot a message into the ether. Caryn's forum personality was very outgoing and friendly, but in real life she struck me as a very private person, and I respect that. If she doesn't reply, or if her email account is closed, I won't hunt her down.

She became a character over the course of a few email messages. She had a whole bunch of questions to ask Jackie and wanted to know if I would answer any in the future. I told her I could just draw her into the strip for a bit and she could ask Jackie herself. The more I thought about it, the questions Caryn came up with pushed Jackie to analyze her life a little--something I've been trying to get her to do for years. So, to poke Jackie a little now and then, Caryn became a regular character.

And just like the real Caryn we knew from the forum, people really seemed to take a liking to her. She's kind of my own Mindy!
Here's to the worst times of my life.
BJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:51 pm

Mindy? Which Mindy are you refering too?
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Postby BJ on Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:12 pm

Sorry! This one.
Here's to the worst times of my life.
BJ
Cartoon Hero

Return to Jackie's Fridge