Hello? Boy, it's Quiet 'Round Here!

Hello? Boy, it's Quiet 'Round Here!

Postby TheAuldGrump on Mon May 10, 2004 10:30 am

It has been a while since I last checked on Jaclie's Fridge, and I was wondering how things were going. And now I see that the forum is quiet as well...

I hope Jackie's Fridge starts up again - maybe you just need to step away from the current storyline?

The Auld Grump
TheAuldGrump

Postby DocMan on Mon May 10, 2004 4:30 pm

Well... I've been checking Jackie's Fridge daily. I don't think BJ's having problems with the current storyline, I think he's just having problems. No posts is no posts. The storyline has pretty much become a storypoint.

As for the forums... most of us are pretty reactive. With nothing to react to, the post count goes down.

Doc
DocMan
Regular Poster

Postby Ed Festus on Wed May 12, 2004 6:48 pm

I'm really starting to believe BJ wasn't f-ing around when he said he was going to finish the Halloween story, NEXT Halloween. :o

Like BJ, I create things unpaid for an audience that is both questionable in size and dedication. I can see how he and many others can get discouraged and just give up trying to work hard at it even though they love the work they do.

I do hope he comes back with a vengence sometime very soon, but I'd hate to push him, lest he get pissed off and quit entirely.

Though I do think it's time we ressurected the 'constructive flame' thread.
Dessert! Cos you're just not FAT enough.
Ed Festus
Regular Poster

Postby DocMan on Thu May 13, 2004 6:58 am

Ed Festus wrote:Though I do think it's time we ressurected the 'constructive flame' thread.

Something on the order of "No one will ever appreciate the work you DON'T DO."?

Doc
DocMan
Regular Poster

Postby Hbomb on Thu May 13, 2004 7:59 am

Well, I sent him a guest strip, which he still hasn't put up yet.

-H
Snowflake Studios, home of "Jerry Little", "Rainy Day Comics", "Scarlet, P.I.", "47 Meatballs", and more. Storming on the internet since 2000.
Hbomb
Regular Poster

Postby BJ on Thu May 13, 2004 4:44 pm

H, no offense, but I honestly didn't get the guest strip! You mentioned it to me once, and I said I couldn't wait to see it, but that was it.

Uh...sorry? I really do wanna see it. If my hotmail account is being dumb, I have a Yahoo address (jackiesfridge@yahoo.com) you can try. More storage there.

*ahem* ...insert apology here...

Gee, what HAVE I been doing with my time? Writing non-JF stuff, helping Joey with TS and my friend Pat (whom I fictionalized for the Jackie interview) with his books. I'm an enabler these days. Sadly, I haven't caught up on any of the movies I've been meaning to watch for years, but I did read Ella Enchanted (very cool!).

I'm three strips away from finishing the art in the Candace/Bitchin' Kitchen strips, after which I'm gonna color 'em all and update them (with annotations!), and hopefully get annotations together for the finished strips in the archives. I also need to finish updating the page designs.

I think the Hallowe'en story was my sticking point--sorry Rachel fans, but I'm gonna wait to finish them this Hallowe'en (self-fulfilling prophecy) and move on over the summer. I have some Brandy stuff to cover, and Victor, of course. Look for a new update on Monday (no kidding!).

I'm gonna try for a Monday/Friday update schedule, which is twice what I'm doing now....and thanks all of you for sticking around while I'm stupid.
Here's to the worst times of my life.
BJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ed Festus on Thu May 13, 2004 6:11 pm

Kick-ass dude!!!

I'm making a note of that address for when I finally finish my Melissa fan-art. I'm having a hard time doing it. Not because your art is complex and difficult to replicate, it's because I suck...

At drawing that is. :P
Dessert! Cos you're just not FAT enough.
Ed Festus
Regular Poster

Postby TheAuldGrump on Thu May 13, 2004 7:28 pm

Ayuh, I thought as much.

Not enjoying where a project is going can make it very hard to get back to it, even when there isn't that much left to finish the project. (I am a fan of Josh Phillips Avalon, and once he got off track he just couldn't build up the enthusiasim to get back on.

So, we will wait for Hallowe'en for the ending of that tale. And I will hope for other stories before then.

The Auld Grump
TheAuldGrump

Postby Hbomb on Thu May 13, 2004 7:37 pm

BJ wrote:H, no offense, but I honestly didn't get the guest strip! You mentioned it to me once, and I said I couldn't wait to see it, but that was it.

Uh...sorry? I really do wanna see it. If my hotmail account is being dumb, I have a Yahoo address (jackiesfridge@yahoo.com) you can try. More storage there.

Odd. Ok, I just sent it to both your hotmail and yahoo.

Fridge should be back on The Hbomb Show soon. Whenever I figure out how to wrap up the storyline.

-H
Snowflake Studios, home of "Jerry Little", "Rainy Day Comics", "Scarlet, P.I.", "47 Meatballs", and more. Storming on the internet since 2000.
Hbomb
Regular Poster

Postby TheLonePhantom on Thu May 13, 2004 7:40 pm

I miss Jackie etc. too. JF is still linked on my list of daily-checked webcomics. Ada still depresses me after a couple of months of looking at her childlessness.
TheLonePhantom

Return to Jackie's Fridge