Her planet?

Her planet?

Postby Tux on Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:45 am

Her planet is a code for "Super StarWars" for the SNES?
Tux

Postby FlamingDeth on Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:13 pm

...if you don't mind me asking, how the <i>hell</i> did you know something so obscure?
FlamingDeth
Regular Poster

Well simply stated...

Postby Tux on Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:13 am

I did a search on those letters. I sort of figured that with letters XBBA representing her sector and Ian's video game and anime sense of style, that it had to be in a code for some game. The full code is XBBAR, but I haven't the slightest what it does. :roll:
Tux

:0

Postby Ajil6 on Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:06 pm

Isn't that the code that gets you into debug mode? Or was that another one, like the one that gave you unlimited lives. It was one of those, I remember using it before.
Ajil6

Postby FlamingDeth on Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:52 pm

That follows an odd sort of logic. But why bother doing that at all?
FlamingDeth
Regular Poster

I blame my genetics

Postby Tux on Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:07 am

I'm not sure. Then again I'm a little odd when it comes to certain things. I'll attempt to get 100% completion on games. I'll replay a game to take another route through just to play every path. I tend to think, "What would happen if I...would it have positive, advantageous, or amusing effects, or would it just crash the game." (I think I'm the only person who is strange enough to vault large vehicles, without using cheat codes, on to the L-train tracks in GTA3) I tend to walk down every corridor and crawl through every vent shaft to see where it goes and to see if I can get any and every single of the goodies that are often the rewards for such excursions.

Personally I blame my asian genetics for my odd habits, gaming and not. ^_-
Tux

Postby Webrunner on Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:01 am

It wasn't intentional. And remember I'm the one who writes it. ME.
Webrunner
Regular Poster

Postby NeroMan on Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:43 pm

XBBA is a code for that silly old snes RPG with that fighter with the big green hair, the ninja chick, and the evil villain who had all those K-goons hanging about. Of course, in order to enter the code properly, first you have to start at this special wall for thirty hours straight. No more, no less.
NeroMan
Regular Poster

Postby FlamingDeth on Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:43 pm

...that would have been clever, except for the whole "30 hour" bit.
I am an arrogant bastard.
FlamingDeth
Regular Poster

Ah like those SFII "tricks"

Postby Tux on Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:14 pm

Yep, like those tricks where if you did a certain move a certain amount of times, some special move/animation would occur. Of course the number was outlandish like 40+ times in one round which would certainly K.O. your opponent unless they dodged like a maniac
Tux

Re: I blame my genetics

Postby S/LaSH on Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:43 pm

Tux wrote:I'm not sure. Then again I'm a little odd when it comes to certain things. I'll attempt to get 100% completion on games. I'll replay a game to take another route through just to play every path. I tend to think, "What would happen if I...would it have positive, advantageous, or amusing effects, or would it just crash the game." (I think I'm the only person who is strange enough to vault large vehicles, without using cheat codes, on to the L-train tracks in GTA3) I tend to walk down every corridor and crawl through every vent shaft to see where it goes and to see if I can get any and every single of the goodies that are often the rewards for such excursions.

Personally I blame my asian genetics for my odd habits, gaming and not. ^_-

Sad to say, it's not a genetic condition. My friend and fellow webcomic reader is as celtic (genetically) as they come, and he has the exact same habits. He could happily spend ten minutes 'swimming' up ten feet of slope in Half-Life only to discover that there was void on the other side, and feel vindicated.

Maybe it's a viral condition? Not genetic at all.

Then again, I don't think even he would know the origins of XBBAR. Unless it was Amiga related, in which case he'd go into retro mode and regale you with stories for hours.

And as this is my first post: Hello everybody.
S/LaSH

Return to StarSomething