Blood the Last Vampire tv series

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Blood the Last Vampire tv series

Postby MixedMyth on Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:02 pm

A while back one of my friends got a copy of Blood: the Last Vampire. It's a good movie. Very pretty. And with the exception of Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D, I don't normally like stuff about vampires (granted, those are two big exceptions). Now, the case said it was about an hour long. But that's innacurate.

It's 40 minutes.

The animation is beautiful, and the setting interesting- a US base in Japan during the Vietnam War. But it doesn't end. It's more like the first episode of something, rather than a full movie. So this has long been a source of frustration for us.

I was highly amused to find out that they're finally making a tv series of it. I'll be even more amused if they treat the movie as the first episode.

Seriously, though, it looks like it'll be pretty. Well...from the one image they have up. But hey! It's a pretty image!
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Phact0rri on Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:20 pm

blood the last vampire is a beautiful anime and I too (who hates anime about vampires including hellsing, and vampire hunter D) really enjoyed the story. TV series would be interesting to say the least.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Keffria on Tue May 03, 2005 2:51 am

I thought it was a pretty good movie -- but I kept waiting for it to get through the introduction and start in on the main plot. At the end, I thought, "What? Do I have to select the next part from the menu? Or is this really a TV series, and I have to find the next disc?"

Oh, and I didn't like the mandatory English voice acting. The reason why I like subtitled films is that I can't understand Japanese, so if the voice actors suck, I can't tell.

But yes, visually, it was really good.

(Oh, and I liked Hellsing up until the point where they decided to scrap the whole plot-progression thing and have Alucard fight some random purple-y naked vampire thing and then end the series. Is that a spoiler? I'd better make this smaller.)
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Postby Phact0rri on Thu May 05, 2005 2:02 pm

btw for anyone who -does- like vampire anime avoid Moon phase like the plague... imagine if you will the "cutsy romantic comedy angle" we all know and love and mix it with cliche vampire stuff and japanese mythology....

this was one of the most painful things i've ever seen.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Humbug on Thu May 05, 2005 4:13 pm

Keffria wrote:I thought it was a pretty good movie -- but I kept waiting for it to get through the introduction and start in on the main plot. At the end, I thought, "What? Do I have to select the next part from the menu? Or is this really a TV series, and I have to find the next disc?"

Oh, and I didn't like the mandatory English voice acting. The reason why I like subtitled films is that I can't understand Japanese, so if the voice actors suck, I can't tell.

But yes, visually, it was really good.

(Oh, and I liked Hellsing up until the point where they decided to scrap the whole plot-progression thing and have Alucard fight some random purple-y naked vampire thing and then end the series. Is that a spoiler? I'd better make this smaller.)

Actually, I thought the 'other races speaking their own language' was pretty cool. Yea, the voiceovers were weak but it did add some realistic elements to it.
Humbug
Cartoon Hero

Postby Keffria on Fri May 06, 2005 2:24 am

I agree ... but I still hate dubs. :p

phactorri wrote:btw for anyone who -does- like vampire anime avoid Moon phase like the plague... imagine if you will the "cutsy romantic comedy angle" we all know and love and mix it with cliche vampire stuff and japanese mythology....

But Lunar Legend Tsukihime was a pretty good vampire anime. (Dammit, why do so many titles sound the same?!)
Keffria

Postby Isukiyomi on Fri May 13, 2005 10:12 pm

Since vampires are being mentioned...does anyone know how many episodes of the Hellsing there are?
Valar Morghulis - Art
Michiko Monogatari~Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mercury Hat on Sat May 14, 2005 9:27 am

Thirteen, it got cut short.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby Risky on Sat May 14, 2005 10:01 pm

phactorri wrote:btw for anyone who -does- like vampire anime avoid Moon phase like the plague... imagine if you will the "cutsy romantic comedy angle" we all know and love and mix it with cliche vampire stuff and japanese mythology....

Nah, it was extremely cute is all. I really liked it, despite its issues. The constantly changing intros and outros and all the puns mixed into them almost made it worth the price of admission. And the intro song is called "Nekomimi mode". Like Merc!
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby Mr. Caravaggio on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:49 am

I don't see the sticky about it, but what is the forums rules on pirating?
There are fansubs out, there up to episode 13 or so. I've only watched the first 3, but all the same I hate to say the whole thing is pretty pedestrian. It's animated nicely, just like the movie, but just like the movie there's not much more to it then that. Every episode so far I just felt like I've seen these ideas one too many times before.

I've heard the story won't stay in one place for too long, and since it's got like 50 or so eps in the contract there'll be plenty of places for it to go, so maybe a change of location will make things more interesting.
Mr. Caravaggio
Regular Poster

Postby Risky on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:06 pm

I can't see enforcing the rules on thread necromancy in Keenime... all the threads are old. ::sighs::

Which series are you referring to?
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby Mr. Caravaggio on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:32 pm

Holy crap, so it is.

Hehe, nevermind. This is the first time I decided to click on the Keenime forum.
Mr. Caravaggio
Regular Poster

Return to KeenIME