This place is boring without Jex

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

This place is boring without Jex

Postby IVstudios on Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:39 pm

It's gotten really quiet in here since he left. :(
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Keffria on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:16 pm

I concur...

Sooo....

*chirping crickets*

Ehh, what's everyone watching, anime-wise right now? (Or reading, manga-wise?)
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Postby IVstudios on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:39 pm

My friend brought over a Samurai Champloo DVD the other week. It was awesome! Though very predictable. We watched the first two episodes and after 5 minutes of the third episode we were able to predict exactly what would happen. But still awesome!
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Keffria on Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:08 pm

Ehh, I want to see that series, but at the same time, the fact that you never hear its name mentioned without "Cowboy Bebop" being in the same sentence kind of bothers me. That's setting the bar pretty high...

Ooh, I just finished watching Lunar Legend Tsukihime. For a vampire anime, I thought it was pretty good. Though you can definitely tell it was based on an H-game; there was basically one male character in the entire series, and it featured twin maids. :lol:

Does it sound weird that I'd almost like to try the game, just to get the full story...?
Keffria

Postby Risky on Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:32 pm

Story?

I watch Naruto almost exclusively, though occassionally I'll catch up on those other two animes. (Tsukiyomi?) Moon Phase and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Naruto isn't ecchi. The other two are, but only incidentally.

I also read Naruto and the NA Shonen Jump.
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby Keffria on Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:11 am

Risky wrote:Story?

Apparently, Type-Moon (the company that developed the game on which the anime is based) is noted for producing high-quality games, story-wise. (I believe Tsukihime actually has a Gameboy Advance version with all the explicit content removed, which signals to me that there must be something else to the game.) The fact that the original version contains mature sexual situations just makes it that much more appealing to a certain audience, I suppose. :P

Anyway... I watched Last Exile a little while back. I think I must be a minority when I say that I was disappointed.
Keffria

Postby Sput on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:17 am

Hmmm...I watched the entire DearS series a while back. It made me happy, not because I got to see boob but because it was incredibly cute. My inner sap has revealed herself.

Hm, I also watched a bit of Fafner in the Azure, but I can't stand mechas stuff usually. It reminds me of Neon Genesis or Gundam, so I keep out of it. I've only seen a few episodes of Naruto, and I've never heard of anything after that..

For being asian I sure am ignorant when it comes to anime XD! X3
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby Wp on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:15 pm

COME BACK TO US JEX!!!!

I'm watching Air, Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Final, Sunabouzu, and Samurai Champloo. I'm catching some Naruto so I can see the battle between Curse Seal Sasuke and Kyuubi Naruto. But right now there are too many unnecessary flashbacks.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Risky on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:31 pm

wp wrote:COME BACK TO US JEX!!!!

I'm watching Air, Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Final, Sunabouzu, and Samurai Champloo. I'm catching some Naruto so I can see the battle between Curse Seal Sasuke and Kyuubi Naruto. But right now there are too many unnecessary flashbacks.
Be ready, because so far there have been less flashbacks than the manga. In fact, the current manga storyline is a flashback. Guess who just got stabbed in the eye?
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby Wp on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:55 pm

There are tons more flashbacks in the anime I think, and they are recycled over and over. In the manga, they had unique flashbacks. Use 'em once or twice and toss 'em away.

In any case, I really didn't care about Kakashi's past. I'm just excited that they've started back on track with Naruto (who hasn't changed at all), Sakura (who is actually useful now instead of the whiny biatch she used to be), and the rest of the gang. You'll be interested to see what has become of Gaara after 3 years...
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cope on Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:31 am

The world continues to mourn Jex's departure, I see...

Anyway, most recently I've been watching a lot of Dragonb-

*IS BANNED*
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby K-Dawg on Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:25 am

Watching:
Naruto
Bleach
Yakitate Japan
Fantastic Children
Keroro Gunsou
Girls Bravo
Beck
One Piece
Sunabouzu
Major
Bobobo bobo bobobobobo (maybe added one too many bo's)
And just recently finally got all the Tenchi Muyo OVAs

Reading:
Hajime No Ippo
Yakitate Japan
Shaman King
Gantz
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Beck
Addicted to Curry
Shura No Mon

Yeah I tend to have lots of anime/manga ready to watch when I'm bored.
:oops:

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Postby Keffria on Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:21 pm

I like the Bleach manga well enough, but it doesn't look as neat in animated form... Right now, I'm making my way through the public library's manga collection:
Mars
Ranma 1/2
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
Chronicles of the Heroic Knight (a Lodoss manga)
Naruto
Rurouni Kenshin
Bleach
One Piece (yes, the library seems to love Viz manga...)

So, um, not much that I would recommend. Though I *am* eagerly anticipating the fifth volume of Planetes. (Or part two of volume four. Whatever.) And Tokyopop recently announced they've picked up the Scrapped Princess manga, which I'd like to read just for the sake of getting a more satisfying ending.

I'm going to sit down and watch Kino's Journey at some point in the next little while, along with The Twelve Kingdoms (a long-term project ;^^) as my favourite DVD-rip group just released a complete torrent.
Keffria

Postby Sput on Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:01 pm

My sister has beeen shoving Tsubasa down my throat, she owsn up to like...4. And is making me read them.

What did I do to deserve this pain? @_@

Keffria, your library carries a lot of the same manga ours does :O We have a ton of batman though, so i end up reading that a *is shot*
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby Keffria on Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:22 am

Gah, I agree with you about Tsubasa -- I've never been a CLAMP fan, but Tsubasa (though nicely drawn) reminds me of something some crazily-devoted teenage fangirl would make. But it's free, so I read it anyway. At least Del Rey does a pretty good translation job.

My library also carries a lot of neat stuff; they just ordered the second volume of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. ^^
Keffria

Postby Sput on Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:41 am

no way :O we have the first one of that. Tsubasa's art is raelly pretty, as clamp usually is, but oh- it's like bleedman's doujin @______@

however, my fav manga right now is legal drug. I've bought 1 & 2 and have scanlations for 3. >:3 </lame>
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby KODAMA on Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:40 pm

XD bah. It's only quiet because none of us are putting in any effort to keep the forum lively...

..but speaking of Samurai champloo.. I think it rocks. Rocks even more than that puny little Cowboy Bebop. mwahahaha
KODAMA
Spodama Mon

Postby Wp on Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:13 pm

YOU KILLED THE FORUM, KODAMA!!!! Don't be pretending to be so innocent!!!
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:03 am

I really enjoyed samurai Champloo, and I don't see why it can't stand on its own. As someone who doesn't like Cowboy bebop and didn't really get into wolf's rain, I can say that it should be its own monster. its stylistic bits are really visually interesting.

right now I'm watching...

-Monster
-HunterXhunter Tv series
-Bleach

and I'm watching through yu yu hakusho again.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Keffria on Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:53 pm

Ehh, with Cowboy Bebop, I think it depends on what you're expecting from it. I'd been told that it was "awful", "not worth your time" and "horribly overrated", so I went in expecting virtually nothing. And yes, it's really a style-over-substance series that drags horrendously between plot-oriented episodes, but with expectations that low, I couldn't help but enjoy it. XD
Keffria

Next

Return to KeenIME