Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind!!!

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Postby IVstudios on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:55 pm

JexKerome wrote:Now who's flattering who? I was gonna suggest IV, but then it turns out he looks like he looks, and on top of that he's no money tree...

See what I mean? Bad advice left and right...

HEY! :x I resent that! I'll have you know that....
Yah, you're right. :-?

I
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:00 pm

Okay, enough. Blushing's not good for an old man. Back to topic.

One of my anime/manga goals is to collect everything by Miyazaki. So far I have Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, and what I consider one of the most powerful indictments of war ever made, Grave of the Fireflies; man, that movie brings me to tears (you won't see me crying in public though, you won't). That means I have about 40% of his movies, but none of his manga. What I need is a money tree to get the rest, now that Disney is finally putting them out, specially My Neighbor Totoro, which was hard to get a hold of not long ago.

My other goal is to collect every manga by Clamp, and their anime that catches my eye. Right now, that's pretty much every one!

Sure yer not a money tree, IV?
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:04 pm

The best I can grow is Monopoly money.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:36 pm

JexKerome wrote:Okay, enough. Blushing's not good for an old man. Back to topic.

One of my anime/manga goals is to collect everything by Miyazaki. So far I have Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, and what I consider one of the most powerful indictments of war ever made, Grave of the Fireflies; man, that movie brings me to tears (you won't see me crying in public though, you won't). That means I have about 40% of his movies, but none of his manga. What I need is a money tree to get the rest, now that Disney is finally putting them out, specially My Neighbor Totoro, which was hard to get a hold of not long ago.

My other goal is to collect every manga by Clamp, and their anime that catches my eye. Right now, that's pretty much every one!

Sure yer not a money tree, IV?

CLAMP simply rocks. I own some Magic Knight Rayearth mangas, all the X mangas currently published in the U.S, the X movie and the complete X-tv series. Yeah, they got me hooked >.< But I love their art, it's so pretty ^_^
Valar Morghulis - Art
Michiko Monogatari~Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:08 pm

ivstudios wrote:The best I can grow is Monopoly money.

Mmmm... wonder how much I can get at the recyclers for that...

Isukiyomi wrote:I have more Clamp stuff than you mwahahaha

All I have is the complete CCS: MotC manga. I'll get you yet, Isukiyomi, and your little dog too!
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:27 am

JexKerome wrote:

All I have is the complete CCS: MotC manga. I'll get you yet, Isukiyomi, and your little dog too!

That collection I have took me 4-5 years of searching and seeking to amass Jex :P
Valar Morghulis - Art
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 am

Isukiyomi wrote:
JexKerome wrote:

That collection I have took me 4-5 years of searching and seeking to amass Jex :P

Really? how hard is (or was) getting anime in your area?
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:34 pm

Maybe I'm missing something from not seeing the TV series, but X the movie sucked.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:17 pm

It was mostly about the money Jex. I had to save up...a lot ^_^ And wp, yeah the movie wasn't great but all the questions it left me with led me to the sweet goodness of CLAMP.
Valar Morghulis - Art
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:24 pm

Woohoo!

The movie's in the mail!

Envy me.

Or don't.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:05 pm

*envies Jex*
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:06 pm

*envies wp for being able to envy Jex*
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:51 am

*watches the movie*

*is blown away and moved to tears*

*gets up after lying there for a week*

*remembers the movie and is blown away again*

People, you simply have GOT to see this movie.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:31 am

Damn you Jex! Why did you have to tell me about this movie?
I was so exited! Today was payday and I took my check down and deposited it and was all ready to use the money to buy the movie. I would have had enough to get it and have some leftover, so then I go down to the store and there it was. I'm all ready to get it and go pay when what do I see sitting next to it? Two other Miyazaki films that just got released! So now I'm out $60 instead of just $40!

Ok technically one of the movies was from studio Ghibli but wasn't actually directed my Miyazaki, but still.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:17 am

JexKerome wrote:*watches the movie*

Sweet! I'll definately look this up ^_^
Valar Morghulis - Art
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:10 pm

ivstudios wrote:Damn you Jex! Why did you have to tell me about this movie?
I was so exited! Today was payday and I took my check down and deposited it and was all ready to use the money to buy the movie. I would have had enough to get it and have some leftover, so then I go down to the store and there it was. I'm all ready to get it and go pay when what do I see sitting next to it? Two other Miyazaki films that just got released! So now I'm out $60 instead of just $40!

Ok technically one of the movies was from studio Ghibli but wasn't actually directed my Miyazaki, but still.

You're welcome, kid. Enjoy.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby MixedMyth on Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:36 am

Hee hee! I got this one recently. It rules!
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Isukiyomi on Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:44 pm

JexKerome wrote:*watches the movie*

*buys movie*

*watches movie*

*feels sad, happy and downright warm & fuzzy all at the same time*

This movie rocks! I have to go buy Spirited Away and watch both movies back to back just so that I can become a pile of mushiness for an entire day. :D There's no emoticon to show how big my grin is!
Valar Morghulis - Art
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby MixedMyth on Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:40 pm

Ooo...and Castle in the Sky!
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby JexKerome on Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:34 pm

Castle in the Sky is AWESOME. I recommend it 500% too.

But if you want to really cry non-stop, I suggest you watch "Grave of the Fireflies". Don't do it if you're in a happy mood and wish to stay in it, though. This is your only warning.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to KeenIME