Appleseed!

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Appleseed!

Postby JexKerome on Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:56 am

Masamune Shirow sure makes some of the trippiest and most complex manga out there. And now, his classic Appleseed beings it US tour, like, yesterday, January 14. Check the trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808628274
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:09 am

This is a DVD only release? I read the first several chapters of the manga, but I didn't find anything I liked aside from the art.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:42 am

I can't watch the trailers, all I see is back. :cry:
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:55 pm

I read the manga years ago and have been waiting ever sense to get a glimpse of an anime for it. I am so excited about this.. to bad none of the theatres where I live will be showing it...
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby JexKerome on Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:37 pm

wp, the movie was on teathers last year in japan and since friday is showing in selected U.S. teathers. The link I gave you (to Yahoo movies) has all the pertinent info. DVD shouldn't be that far behind.

IVstudios, the SHAME! this is the Internet! If the link I gave you doesn't work for some reason, google for another source!
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:43 pm

Ok I watched (Damn you Jex! Damn you and your being-smarter-than-me-ness!) it and it looks pretty slick. Is it all done in 3-D?
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:51 am

Yeah. They call it "real live anime", or something like that. I'm assuming much of the action is motion-captured, but even then you won't see any real actors or 2d cell work in it.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby MixedMyth on Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:26 pm

Oooo. Interesting style. I still need to see the second Ghost in the Shell movie, too. T_T I'm so behind.

I wonder if it's coming to anywhere nearby...
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby KODAMA on Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:18 am

:'d hmm.. this definitely wasn't a ghost in the shell clone, but it ran along the same science fiction ideas. The plot was a lot simpler and less abstract than ghost in the shell, but it still had that same.. hmm.. smell, if that makes sense.

I'm not sure how many of you have seent he MTV spiderman TV series, but the animation style and shading is just like that, except it just looks more expensive. At some points the 3D approch is really sweet and looks stunning, other times it makes the anime look like some korean "ani" garbage from 2001.

f*cking.. sweet..

Eww.... his face looks like the moon got a beating.

It sort of hurts to see 2D colored figured on 3D backgrounds. ;d .. it .. just doesn't look right. 3D acting on a 2D character also seems really awkward sometimes. 2D+3D animation has a long way to go. I ranted more here
KODAMA
Spodama Mon

Postby DJMayhem on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:17 pm

My god, I just found the KeenIME area... sweet.

I saw the movie the weekend it came out. Sweeeeetness. The "3D anime" was suprisingly awkward at times, completely amazing at others. Hair never moves, but everything else moved nicely. If you liked GiTS, this movie suits ya. I can't wait for the DVD.
You know, i should work on this.
DJMayhem
cor leonis

Return to KeenIME