Ragnarok online

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Ragnarok online

Postby Arumo on Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:56 am

Does anybody here play ragnarok online? There's a free 15 day trial, I tried to download it but it's taking forever. It looks really cool though. Would somebody give me some feedback? Please and thank you. :D
Arumo
Regular Poster

Postby Keffria on Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:22 pm

*posts just to make the forum seem ... erm, not dead*

Fifteen days, and then they slap you with a bill. It sucks; that's why I didn't even bother with the trial.

(If it's anything like the manga, it's probably not worth your time, though. Ick.)
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Postby Humbug on Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:29 am

I think it's very loosely based on the Manga, havent read it tho. I've been playing it for about a year, the Malaysian server, but lately my intrest in it is starting to wane. Damn server is full of bots, assholes and beggars. Too bad tho, I really liked the game, to a certain point.
Humbug
Cartoon Hero

Postby Arumo on Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:51 am

Really? It seems so very different to me, but I haven't read the manga. :P I've been busy drawing and reading other stuff for inspiration. I am tempted to try the 15 day trial, but I really don't have time for it once school starts up again. Hmm... maybe I'll see if I can find someone who is already playing it and watch them. Thank you for your replies.
Arumo
Regular Poster

Postby Wp on Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:35 pm

It's based loosely on a Korean manhwa I believe (as in it has absolutely no relation to the comic).
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:06 am

That's pretty common with these games. Another manwha-based MMORPG, Redmoon Online, had little in relation to the work apart from the background, theme and characters. So if you didn't like the manwha, it doesn't mean you won't enjoy the game; unfortunately, the reverse also holds true.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Return to KeenIME