Super Milk Chan

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Super Milk Chan

Postby IVstudios on Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:56 pm

...Is anyone else as confused by that show as I am? I.... don't get it. Did it lose something in translation or is it supposed to be totaly incomprehensible? Some people seem to love it. I'll admit it's kind of funny, but mostly it just gives me a headache.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:02 pm

I've never heard of it in my life.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:39 pm

They just started showing it on Abult Swim.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Grabmygoblin on Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:24 am

hahahahahahahahahahaha see get it the baby is like "YOU DUMBASS" and the president is like "what? no!" and the robot is like "milk, milk!!" and the land lord is like "pay me bitch" and there are bombs going off and there is a supervillan and...
and...
and this show makes no sense.
really fun when you are stoned/drunk though.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:59 am

The purpose of the show IS not to make any sense. What I like best is that instead of just dubbing the japanese cast/crew shenanigans, the ADV crew did their own.

Just watch and turn your brain off; there's no deep meaning or prfound moral to be found in MilkChan, just nonsense.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheLoserHero on Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:29 am

...so... yes. Watch it high, kids. Watch it high.
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Postby Wp on Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:49 am

Is it really anime?! What is CN doing getting a series like that?

Anyway, I don't have cable, so I wouldn't know what's going on.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:36 am

(watches Super Milk Chan... brain zones out as nothing of substance is occuring..)

You dumbass! (cracks up and proceeds to call her friend a dumbass)
Valar Morghulis - Art
Michiko Monogatari~Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:08 am

wp wrote:Is it really anime?! What is CN doing getting a series like that?

Yes, Super Milk Chan is anime, and from what I get from the grapeyard, it's a hit in the USJ.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:41 pm

It must be like the Japanese equivalent of Aqua Teen Hunger Force or something. Just totally random nonsense.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:41 pm

I don't even "get" Space Ghost Coast to Coast. How can I ever expect to understand Super Milk Chan?
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:46 pm

"All right, it's settled. Zorak is the hamer, Lokar, you suck."
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:38 pm

:lol: :lol:

The song in the commercial gets in our heads. :P
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby TheLoserHero on Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:15 am

Damn it, totally random nonsense is for webcomics! WE DO IT FOR FREE ASPARAGUS-OIL PAN

LA LA LA LA LA

BOING BOING
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:30 pm

I love super milk chan... actually the "you dumb ass" thing is all that gets on my nerves. I love designs of the shows, like a sam fletcher cartoon, on crack.

tecnically the synopsis is that, she was a child actress star type (note her crass attitude) and played some sort of secret agent on TV... as in past tense (note why she's always poor). though the president.. not quite all together smart thinks she really is some sort secret agent, so after she quit appearing on TV, he scooped her up and now gets her to do random missions...

course I read up on the series before I saw the first episode, so that might be why it makes a bit more sense.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:44 pm

I actually heard that this is a harsh satire on the japanese governement, but like JexKerome said, the cast just made stuff up instead actually translating and dubbing what was being said, so much of it is lost in the translation. Having never seen the original language version, I can't say whether I like it or not. But I can't stand watching it the way they have it on cartoon network. THe repettition of "you dumbass" irritates the living hell out of me.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby JexKerome on Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:30 am

They have a version out where you can watch either the americanized version or the original japanese antics (though everyone swears you won't understand the latter unless you're pretty heavy into j-pop). Look for it!
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Return to KeenIME