Full Metal Alchemist

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Postby Keffria on Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:33 am

Well, perhaps I shall have to see the (and be disappointed) for myself...

I wish I could pick up more than one station that showed anime, and that it played something that wasn't mediocre. >.<
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Postby Wp on Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:54 am

I thought you were picking up fansubs from Spoon?
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Keffria on Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:01 am

Aside from the terribly illegal nature of said activity, it takes forever... BitTornado says several days of non-stop downloading right now. >.<

(Also, Spoon hasn't released the final two episodes yet, as far as I know.)
Keffria

Postby Isukiyomi on Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:23 am

Yay new episode of FMA! Got to see Lust, Envy and Gluttony in action (shudders as Gluttony eats the priest dude) ack! >.<
Valar Morghulis - Art
Michiko Monogatari~Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:37 am

Keffria wrote:Aside from the terribly illegal nature of said activity, it takes forever... BitTornado says several days of non-stop downloading right now. >.<

(Also, Spoon hasn't released the final two episodes yet, as far as I know.)

Well, *someone* has released the last two eps, because that's how I... I mean, someone told me all about the ending in a very very legal way... ... ...
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Keffria on Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:10 pm

Sonchou, I think. But I hate switching from group to group -- for example, I want to watch Wolf's Rain, but the only torrent I could find was the one on Boxtorrents that's done by four or five different fansubbers. Same with The Twelve Kingdoms (so I think I'll wait for KAA to slowly make their way through the series).

Not that I look very hard for this stuff... *lazy*
Keffria

Postby Wp on Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:42 pm

Ah, so you're a purist.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Keffria on Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:22 am

Why, yes. Yes I am.

I mean, don't you find it jarring, when a name (or a place or some kind of attack that the character shouts out every freaking time he uses it, and his enemies still find it surprising when they explode or something) is spelled completely differently, or there are huge blocks of Engrish in the subs because the series was licensed and the good fansubbers accordingly dropped it?

run-on sentence

*shudder*
Keffria

Postby IVstudios on Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:29 pm

You
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheLoserHero on Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:46 pm

"Hiten-Mitsurugi Ryu...

Ryu tsui-kou-shou-sen!"

Best. Special attack. Ever. All special attacks you know at once.
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Postby War on Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:46 am

Keffria wrote:Aside from the terribly illegal nature of said activity, it takes forever... BitTornado says several days of non-stop downloading right now. >.<

Pah! It's not illegal when it's licensed by funimation, they've probably mangled it to hell!
War
Grr

Postby Wp on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:41 am

Keffria wrote:Why, yes. Yes I am.

I mean, don't you find it jarring, when a name (or a place or some kind of attack that the character shouts out every freaking time he uses it, and his enemies still find it surprising when they explode or something) is spelled completely differently, or there are huge blocks of Engrish in the subs because the series was licensed and the good fansubbers accordingly dropped it?

run-on sentence

*shudder*

It's funny, but the more fansubs you watch, the better you understand the show. Trust me on it. In fact, you can almost tell which phrases are done correctly because at least one of the groups will get it mostly right while the others will put in some phrase that doesn't make sense. There is no fansubbing group capable of producing a 100% correct translation. I'm not sure what groups you consider "good" but I've found numerous mistakes in all of them. Besides, very few anime are complicated enough that you actually have to understand exactly what they are saying. The exceptions are comedies like Azumanga Daioh, and in most cases it is funny just because it is silly enough.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Keffria on Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:30 pm

Well, say what you will, but I like consistency.

Oh, and I don't really have a favourite fansubbing group; I tend to "shop around" before I download anything, peeking into forums and what-not to see which translation/encoding job is met with the most approval.
Keffria

Postby Grabmygoblin on Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:20 pm

anyone see it lat night?
:cry: poor poor little kiddes.

question though- why can't they just transfer al's consiousness into a homoculous? ed was able to transfer him into a suit of armor, albeit at the cost of his arm, but that was an emergency job, without the proper materials or time.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:04 pm

It would be spoilerish if we told you.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:16 pm

Digital War wrote:

Pah! It's not illegal when it's licensed by funimation, they've probably mangled it to hell!

Well the dubbed version on the cartoon network isn't so bad. there is sometimes some scenes out of order that I guess so it makes more since and Elric's voice sucks. but over all its pretty good. I've not seen very many dubs aside what they show on cartoon network so I'm not sure what the quality is supposed to be like.

but it looks pretty okay to me!
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby TheLoserHero on Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:23 pm

I personally like all the voices that have been cast so far.

In defense of Ed's voice actor, the character of Ed fluctuates from little kid who screams at you for calling him little and a serious, tortured genius. That's hard as hell to pull off without it sounding a little funny.

NOW SHADDAP AND WATCH THE SERIES, ITS GREAT
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:53 pm

grabmygoblin wrote:anyone see it lat night?
:cry: poor poor little kiddes.

It was so sad! :cry: We felt so bad for Alphonse! (He was so adorable and chubby!) :cry:
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby IVstudios on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:33 pm

But now he's big, metal and hollow! Much more badass!
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:47 pm

ivstudios wrote:But now he's big, metal and hollow! Much more badass!

Hell yeah!
Valar Morghulis - Art
Michiko Monogatari~Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to KeenIME