Please help

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Please help

Postby Arumo on Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:55 pm

Hi fellow people from the drop down. I would really like to have some constructive criticism for my webcomic. I don't know if I want to go on with it, but some advise or comments would really be helpful. Thanks. Here's the link if it isn't shown on my message
http://mahosignature.keenspace.com
Arumo
Regular Poster

Postby Murmillo on Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:52 am

It looks good, but for some reason the text just bugs me. Not the words, just the font or color or something. But I'm odd like that
Willin: LEAST UPDATED WEB COMIC EVER!
Murmillo

Postby Arumo on Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:11 am

Thank you, umm, are you talking about the text in the recent stuff or the old stuff? I did some of my text in paintshop before I got adobe and so it does look funny.
Arumo
Regular Poster

Postby Lordthenightknight on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:17 pm

My advice is to either makes the pictures smaller or the panels bigger. As it is, it's difficult to tell what is going on. So little is shown in each panel.
Lordthenightknight
Regular Poster

Postby Murmillo on Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:43 pm

Arumo wrote:Thank you, umm, are you talking about the text in the recent stuff or the old stuff? I did some of my text in paintshop before I got adobe and so it does look funny.

I like the text from your first comics better (color ones)
Willin: LEAST UPDATED WEB COMIC EVER!
Murmillo

Postby Keffria on Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:03 pm

It'd be nice to see your lines cleaned up; on the comic you have up as I'm looking at your site today (July 17th), for example, the lines that make up the panel borders extend beyond the edges, etc., not to mention that everything is on a slant.

Secondly, I notice that there are a number of significant grammar errors in your comic, mostly in the area of capitalization and punctuation; I know from experience that it's helpful to type your scripts out and run them through a spell-checker (human or computer).* Also, I might suggest finding a different font for your text, although my dislike of Comic Sans is rather subjective.

One last thing - with your non-coloured comics, you might want to consider converting them to greyscale. For example, in today's comic, I can see patches of blue where you've shaded in the silhouettes of the buildings.

*Ironically, I'm sure this post is full of errors -- it's late at night... ;>.>
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Return to KeenIME