gah, stupid friken people...

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

gah, stupid friken people...

Postby Murmillo on Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:29 pm

http://jacobv.no-ip.com/asf/

wow, some people are REALLY dumb, honestly... :evil:
Willin: LEAST UPDATED WEB COMIC EVER!
User avatar
Murmillo
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:04 pm

Postby IVstudios on Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:08 pm

jacobv@houston.rr.com.
wrote:
Anime, originating in Japan, has since invaded the United States of America with the force of the infamous Pearl Harbor bombings. I have no problem with Japan but with the artform known as Anime. Not only is the name itself grotesque, but the art and animation is unusually atrocious. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but Pokemon makes me want to vomit. Anime animations, with the usual 5 frames per second, have given me headaches just from the abominable color palette. Surely people would see right through it, see that they are getting ripped off the moment they set eyes on it. No, most don't. Only the 1337 few do. Mark my words, Anime is today's bubonic plague! This is a war! This is the Foundation against Anime and its Suckiness aka A.S.F


If you don't like anime then don't watch it, doy :roll:

and did this person call himself "l33t"?
Image
User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 3603
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office

Postby Grabmygoblin on Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:15 pm

another one, but this one is a joke:
http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=55190
Image
User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 4066
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Postby Roxy on Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:16 am

Old German saying translated by moi:
"No weed has ever grown against [the plant of] stupidity."
Who is Roxanne de Winter? I am none other than the Dandylion of Anime Fandom. The more you pull at me, the more I grow!

MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/roxusan

Xanga:
http://www.xanga.com/roxusan

PinkWhippet:
http://www.geocities.com/roxanese

Wonderflu: http://wonderflu.comicgenesis.com/main.html
User avatar
Roxy
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere, CA

Postby RLC Davidson on Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:02 pm

Another good quote:

"Stupidity, next to hydrogen, is the second most abundant element in the galaxy."

Or something along those lines....
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums
User avatar
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: The field formerly known as hill.

Postby Gage Kronos on Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:18 pm

I wonder if he fails to realize that aspects of Japanese culture and some of their traditional art forms have been woven into the way that the animation in Anime itself is presented? This is why the action seems to "freeze" during certain moments.

I wonder if he also fails to realize that some modern American cartoons have taken certain stylistic approaches from Anime as well?

I like how he bases his arguement in that paragraph off of Pokemon.

He refered to himself as "1337". Which makes me immediately think of someone that has not entered/has not completed/dropped out of high school.

Final point: His acronym is A.S.F., but it's called the "Foundation against Anime and its Suckiness". Where the hell did he pull that acronym from? It would be F.A.S if anything.
User avatar
Gage Kronos
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:52 am
Location: Eugene, OR...and Goobla's boxers!

Postby RLC Davidson on Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:26 pm

Meh, when you come across people like this guy, the best thing to do is stay far, far away.

[rant] No amout of logical argument is going to sway their opinion, because they've taken a reactionary stance and convinced themselves that their way is the only way, and anyone else that thinks differently is not worthy to lick their boots. I detest people like that. It's honestly quite a shame that someone who cannot even process the thoughts necessary to carry on a logical, sane argument can still manage to build a website that bashes a legitamite and influential art form. [/rant]

Of course, what's worse is that he has such a community of hate (and racism, too) built up around that site. It almost makes me question the First Amendment....
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums
User avatar
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: The field formerly known as hill.

Postby Mercury Hat on Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:44 pm

My my my, the hypocricy is nearly palpable...
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
 
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.

Postby Roxy on Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:16 pm

Gage Kronos wrote:He refered to himself as "1337". Which makes me immediately think of someone that has not entered/has not completed/dropped out of high school.


Mmmm... no amount of high school will give this schmuck a brain. He could go to Stanford and get some PH.D in something I can't pronounce. and still be an idiot. I've seen plenty of those.
Last edited by Roxy on Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who is Roxanne de Winter? I am none other than the Dandylion of Anime Fandom. The more you pull at me, the more I grow!

MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/roxusan

Xanga:
http://www.xanga.com/roxusan

PinkWhippet:
http://www.geocities.com/roxanese

Wonderflu: http://wonderflu.comicgenesis.com/main.html
User avatar
Roxy
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere, CA

Postby RLC Davidson on Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:08 am

Mercury_Hat wrote:My my my, the hypocricy is nearly palpable...


The only reason I'm not willing to deal with these people is because they can't carry on a logical argument. If someone were to come up to me and say "Anime is stupid, for [logical reason 1], [logical reason 2], and [logical reason 3]," I'd have no problem with them, just their views. It's the people who aren't worth arguing with because they think (and cannot be convinced otherwise) that anyone who opposes their views is scum that have a problem with.

Seriously, why waste time arguing with these people when it gets you nowhere? I'd rather have a logical, non hate-spamming debate in a forum such as this, myself.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that people here are running around randomly spouting l33t.
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums
User avatar
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: The field formerly known as hill.

Postby Mercury Hat on Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:44 am

Oh, and I suppose that if someone came in here with the most logical of all reasons, the most convincing of arguments, that you would drop everything altogether, take on an "I have seen the light" attitude and join the ranks of those who don't like anime?

Arguments and debates on personal tastes never go anywhere. You can debate as long as you want with a deeply religious person but they won't give up their religion.

The logical debate would get you nothing except for an elevated blood pressure.

You say that you don't want to take the time to argue with "people like that" because they've already formed an opinion in their minds of you ("scum", "not fit to lick their boots"). From the tone of your posts, it's pretty clear that your opinion of them isn't that high either.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
 
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.

Postby RLC Davidson on Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:50 pm

*sigh* Alright, I see what you're getting at. I guess I should have rephrased what I was saying earlier. Now that I look more closely at what I said, I was getting pretty reactionary. That said, I guess what I was trying to say (though it doesn't come across that way >.<), is that I disagree with their methods of expressing their opinions. The fact that their views are opposite mine is really of no importance, because if they were supporting Anime I'd still disagree with their methods. I still respect their opinions , but I don't feel the need to pay attention to the intentionally illiterate, racist hate speech they use to convey their opinions. (Just for the record, though, I'm not a PC nazi)

As for "the most logical of all reasons," I suppose I might. The only problem is that it would be very hard to find the "most logical of all reasons," as almost any statement can be disproven through logic. If, somehow, someone came up with a reason that no one could in any way disprove, then I would be inclined to accept it. But only if.

So, just curious, what'd I screw up on this time? :wink:
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums
User avatar
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: The field formerly known as hill.

Postby Mercury Hat on Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:19 pm

What's wrong with their methods? They've got a website of their own on which they voice their own opinions. They don't parade around the internet posting in anime-related fora with "ANIME IS TEH SUX". They stay on their turf, it's up to you if you wanna play them on their home field, you're more than welcome.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
 
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.

Postby IVstudios on Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:23 pm

RLC Davidson wrote:
Mercury_Hat wrote:My my my, the hypocricy is nearly palpable...


The only reason I'm not willing to deal with these people is because they can't carry on a logical argument. If someone were to come up to me and say "Anime is stupid, for [logical reason 1], [logical reason 2], and [logical reason 3]," I'd have no problem with them, just their views. It's the people who aren't worth arguing with because they think (and cannot be convinced otherwise) that anyone who opposes their views is scum that have a problem with.

Seriously, why waste time arguing with these people when it gets you nowhere? I'd rather have a logical, non hate-spamming debate in a forum such as this, myself.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that people here are running around randomly spouting l33t.


Actualy, I had an E-mail corespondence with the guy who made the site, and he was actualy quite reasonable. It was as follows.

Me wrote:> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:09:58 -0400, Carl Schulz <skidbip@optonline.net>
> wrote:
>
>> First: You obviously know very little about Anime. It's quality, like
>> anything else, varies.
>>
>> Second: If you don't like it, don't watch it. Don't try to tell me what
>> I
>> can and can't watch.
>>
>> Third: Trigun Rulez!!!


Jacob Villarreal wrote:> Hello Carl,
>
> Because I don't have the time to write out something long to counter
> strike your comments, I will simply show you what I wrote earlier in a
> Anime forum that covers much of your own remarks. It isn't direct but I
> feel it should do the job. The forum reply starts below:
>
> Hello,
>
> This is the creator of the website titled 'Anime Sucks
> Foundation.' My name is Jacob Villarreal. Since Shinji Ikari came to my
> forums so I'd figured I go to his. Firstly, I have just finished
> reading
> all the posts concerning my website. Out of all of them, I think there is
> one I fully agree with. Please, allow me to set the record straight.
>
> My website is not, all in all, a joke. However, the introduction
> paragraph, the oath, and other things that may seem stupid (and are) were
> created with humor in mind. Not to be taken completely seriously but
> only
> somewhat seriously. Don't get me wrong though, I do think Anime sucks.
>
> I am NOT racist. I have nothing against Japan or any other country for
> that matter. I simply added Pearl Harbor bombing reference to demostrate
> the force of Anime arriving in the United States. I do not find it
> racist
> at all. If you do, please specify. Sure, it may be exaggerated but like I
> said before, I wrote it out with humor in mind. The same thing goes for
> when I wrote "Anime is Baghdad".
>
> Also keep in mind that I have nothing agaisnt Anime fans at all. I am
> friends with many Anime loving people. To me, they are just like any
> other
> persons in the world. I only have a problem with the artform known as
> Anime.
>
> Though the only Anime I mentioned on the front page was Pokemon (as most
> people can relate to it), I have seen a very large variety of Anime
> shows.
> Partly due to early curiosity and partly due to Anime enthusiastic
> friends showing me their finest. I have kept a open mind and I still
> strongly dislike it all. Period. I HAVE seen real Anime. I HAVE given it
> a chance time, after time, after time.
>
> QUOTE ("Jim")
> --------------------------------------------
> You know...I'm surprised. I'm not surprised that people think it suck
> and
> all...tha's their opinion. I'm surprised that you people are so...angry
> that someone is actually doing so. Do you think that us making an anime
> site is any different? No, it's not. It's the same thing. So, before you
> go ranting about how these people are idiots, realise tey think the same
> thing about us and essentially we're all in teh same boat.
> --------------------------------------------
>
> I completely agree with Jim. What is so bad about insulting Anime? Go
> ahead, tell me. Am I hurting anyone? No. Does Anime have feelings? I hope
> not. It's a artform, not a person. You don't have to stick up for it
> like
> one. I'm not calling you all idiots, I know it's human nature to defend
> what you like; I am merely proving a point.
>
> I think I answered everything and I hope I wasn't too harsh. Anyways, I
> hope you look at A.S.F differently after reading this. Thanks,
>
> -Jacob
>
>
> If you have come from a Anime forum, please explain to the others
> (especially the one that thought it would be funny to make fake petition
> posts...) :) I respect people's opinions and I am not forcing them to
> agree with me. The website started out as a place for people who dislike
> Anime to laugh, discuss topics, and other things of the sort. That's all
> it will ever be. Have a good day, -Jacob


me wrote:> Ok then, very reasonable. But if you are going to post strong opinions
> on
> the internet, expect to get strong responses.


Jacob Villarreal wrote:Good point. I never thought about it that way, really.
Image
User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 3603
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office

Postby RLC Davidson on Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:57 pm

I think I'll take these in reverse order.

Jacob Villarreal wrote:*letter*


Alright, that makes things somewhat different. Though it would be nice if he provided a direct link to that on the main page, like a "disclaimer" or something.

Mercury_Hat wrote:What's wrong with their methods? They've got a website of their own on which they voice their own opinions. They don't parade around the internet posting in anime-related fora with "ANIME IS TEH SUX". They stay on their turf, it's up to you if you wanna play them on their home field, you're more than welcome.


It's not whether or not they parade around, but the fact that they resort to racism and unsupported hatred to voice their opinion that irks me. If they really wanted to be respected, they would speak like intelligent human beings. *cites letter as evidence*
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums
User avatar
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: The field formerly known as hill.

Postby Murmillo on Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:29 am

what would have been funnier (if this is a joke i mean) is if it was Foundation for Anime and its Gayness... Instead of it being G.A.F. it would be *ahem* "Join F.A.G. Now! Lettus stop theees terrible animinations that are comming frum Japan. LISTEN TO MEE, FOR I AM 1337!!!!!!1"

heh
Willin: LEAST UPDATED WEB COMIC EVER!
User avatar
Murmillo
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:04 pm

Postby Mercury Hat on Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:55 am

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

That was very very lame.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
 
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.

Postby IVstudios on Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:55 pm

Murmillo wrote:what would have been funnier (if this is a joke i mean) is if it was Foundation for Anime and its Gayness... Instead of it being G.A.F. it would be *ahem* "Join F.A.G. Now! Lettus stop theees terrible animinations that are comming frum Japan. LISTEN TO MEE, FOR I AM 1337!!!!!!1"

heh


You forgot the all important "rimshot" to signify the end of a bad joke.
Image
User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 3603
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office

Postby Ruxen on Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:36 am

I don't have a problem with the person himself or his opinion a lot of people don't like things for whatever reason, I just wish he'd back up his opinion with oh let's say..CONTENT! He has about a paragraph, a forum in which most people can't even formulate a sentence properly and a petition filled with the same people who can't formulate sentences properly. Whoop-de-doo I'm so conviced and impressed (/sarcasm). I would have liked to at least see a page outlining more specific examples and his reasoning for not liking anime. I want to see more proper debates in that forum of his as opposed to morons posting things like "Anime iz teh sux00r I ir so 7337!!!11one" (yes I really do mean 7337.) They have about one maybe two good debates, I admire the people who have managed to uphold those solid debates, kudos to them but about 98% of that forum is useless whiney junk or someone posting something moronic to initiate a debate with respectable debaters about the same points over and over again.
And that's my take on it.
:lol:
Image
Ruxen
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:14 pm
Location: Canadaing along!

Postby Murmillo on Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:08 am

ya, was lame, thats why i wroted it...
Willin: LEAST UPDATED WEB COMIC EVER!
User avatar
Murmillo
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:04 pm

Next

 

Return to KeenIME



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron