Somebody tell me this is a joke. Please.

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Postby IVstudios on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:41 am

btw, i like ol George, he may not be the smartest president we've ever had, but he's got ballz.

down with Saddam!
Last edited by IVstudios on Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Warren on Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:00 am

It has to be a joke, from the way it's written. Good one, though. It seems to get people all enraged pretty easily.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby Weatherlight on Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:22 pm

Bwahaha, thats a good one The Undersigned!
If anything they should stop censoring anime so much so that fans can actually ENJOY it more.
Weatherlight

Postby [AlmightyPyro] on Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:35 pm

Ok I'm not gonna start on my own political beliefs, but all in all who ever wrote that has never REALLY seen much anime. just because some rapists watched a certain anime show doesn't mean that EVERY one who watches it is a rapist. (That profilin', and profilin' wrong!)
*news update* Today the President banned Rogain because scientist have proven that Rapists wear this intoxicating product. Disregarding the fact that only three out of the fourteen-million people who wear Rogain have raped someone, the President urges America to stop regrowing your hair!
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

TO credit-

Postby MomoChan on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:29 am

You have to give the instigator credit- it's a clever way to PROMOTE anime, by makeing such a ludicris statment against it they've gotton hundred of people up in arms- a site that publicly endorsed anime would not be frequented NEARLY as much- or induce such strong emotions.
*takes bow and exits stage right* All hail the Momo!
MomoChan

Postby Roxy on Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:14 am

Ban anime. Huh. Ban stupid people from learning how to turn on their PCs -_-".
Who is Roxanne de Winter? I am none other than the Dandylion of Anime Fandom. The more you pull at me, the more I grow!

MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/roxusan

Xanga:
http://www.xanga.com/roxusan

PinkWhippet:
http://www.geocities.com/roxanese

Wonderflu: http://wonderflu.comicgenesis.com/main.html
Roxy

Postby Grabmygoblin on Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:53 am

I think they already have taken steps in that direction. I mean, what is that -) symbol anyways?
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Roxy on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:44 pm

This?: -)
I have no idea what this is. It looks like a person from the side looking smug, I don't really know.
Who is Roxanne de Winter? I am none other than the Dandylion of Anime Fandom. The more you pull at me, the more I grow!

MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/roxusan

Xanga:
http://www.xanga.com/roxusan

PinkWhippet:
http://www.geocities.com/roxanese

Wonderflu: http://wonderflu.comicgenesis.com/main.html
Roxy

Postby Grabmygoblin on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:46 pm

no, on your computer or heck check your monitor on the "on" button there is a symbol -) except turned so the - is facing upwards. where did it originate from?
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby RLC Davidson on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:57 pm

[guess] It looks like a finger pressing an "on" button to me. [/guess]

And, that thing about Rogaine.... You're kidding... right? (If not, please point me toward that press release. I think I might turn liberal. :wink: )
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster

Postby JexKerome on Tue May 18, 2004 3:13 am

Reminds me of the original D&D ban. A little town in the middle of nowhere made a fuss about the game back in the 70's, even banned local stores from selling. The "scandal" just managed to turn a great little game into an national, and then international, phenomenon.

I've also seen this trick to boost awareness of say, a movie. Point: Father Amaro's Crime, a small mexican "new movie age" film about a priest who gets it on with a parishioner. The movie would not have made waves of itself (people who watched were disappointed) but the catholic church made such a ruckus trying to can it, that a lot of people turned out to see it.

Reading the post, it seems to me "The Undersigned" is trying to push as many of Bush's buttons as possible.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

This is fun

Postby Michaeldra on Fri May 28, 2004 6:43 am

I like reading these forums, you people are funny ^.^ *dances randomly*

And about our president? I'd rather have Bush than Gore any day...I mean, come on, the guy thinks he made the internet? *snickers* okay, I dunno if that's true...and as long as our president is willing to (quote from a flashvideo I saw) "F*** THE F***ING F***ERS!!!!" I don't really care who he is... <I apologize to all Liberals and anti-war peoples on that last remark...Nuke the whales!!!...(or...feed all bad people in the world TO the whales, THEN nuke 'em!!!)>

Disclaimer Notice: I have no intention of "nuking" here-said "whales" in any way, shape, or form in the time passing now or in the near and/or far future...thank-you for your time.

'Till we meet again~
Be afraid...really...no, I'm serious!
Fine...be that way~

Je suis devenu un ange...pardon my french~
Michaeldra

Postby KODAMA on Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:55 pm

lol ... belldandy? under 18? XD wtf???

:'D I would've signed this, since it would've got rid of all out of country anime competition... but eh.. this person's obviously a dumbass. I think I'd rather squeak to compete with nakayoshi rahter than sign this thing XD
KODAMA
Spodama Mon

Postby Craig jenkins on Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:56 am

This is where you have the old problem of not actually having movie ratings on your videos/dvds, USA. I notice that a lot of home video has no age restriction other than the MPAA rating which SOMETIMES appears, but only if rated from the movies. So of course, most anime you get comes without such MPAA ratings, but an 'advisory' age range which mostly gets IGNORED, usually by the sort of people who are now trying to ban it. Such idiots think that because its animated, it's for kids. We all know that that ain't the bloody case.

Perhaps you should have clearer age-restrictions on your dvd packaging, for one, so that discerning parents are aware and make decisions based on it. After that, if they let their kids watch it, it's THEIR problem if they still don't like it. The British Board of Film Classification rates both movie content and dvd/vhs content, and no one under the age described may buy them. I know it's not likely to stop under-ages viewing, ultimately, but it's a preventative step in the right direction. My advice to these knee-jerk activists against anime, is to look carefully at the context, the story, and decide if it's for kids AND if it's really any more 'evil' than Nip/Tuck, The Sopranos, Family Guy, South Park, et al, which the USA produce.
Craig jenkins

Postby Thievery on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:46 am

Wow! While we're banning anime, let's also ban all art from Georgia O'Keefe! She painted pretty flowers! But do you know what these oversized orchids represented?

Really, if you don't know, look it up.

This is another episode of...'If You Don't Like It, Don't Watch It."
How many ants have I eaten in the last week? One.
<A href="http://pthievery.comicgenesis.com">Professional Thievery</a>
Thievery
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to KeenIME