ATTENTION: This is the all new rules, edited on the 6th of November, 2002. There are some important differences (only to make the submission process more lenient) so if you've read it before, read it again.
Alright guys, now before I come to my senses and realize how much more work I'm putting on myself, it looks like I'm going to further complicate my life for the sake of KeenIME, your friendly neighborhood anime/manga influenced dropdown thingy.
<b>KEENIME FRICKIN' (FRIKEEN?) COLD WINTER 2003!!!</b>
Okay, so what does it entail? Well, we folks here at KeenIME have been entertaining the idea of having a "swimsuit" issue for KeenIME comic members, reminiscent of such successful projects as BiKEENi summer and 2001:Lace Odyssey. I decided that KeenIME needed some sort of similar event, and so here we have it.
The catch is... It's <i>WINTERTIME</i> What the heck? Well, you see, given the convenience of the Buffer Week, KEENIME FCW 2003 will be showcased right on New Years of 2002->2003.
Moreover, a couple of weeks after our campaign has begun, I have joined a more general (all genres) event called <b> WINTERSPACE2002 (aka FRIKEEN COLD WINTER)</b>, headed out by the great <b>JasterW</b>. (And yes, we'll get these names sorted out.) If you heard of this, let me just say that we <i>are</i> officially part of that, and <b>any submissions here will automatically go to WINTERSPACE.</b> To read more about that general event, go to the<a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=43770"><b>WINTERSPACE 2002 FORUM</b></a>.
<i><b>"Okkayyy... so what do I do?"</b></i>
Easy. First, <str>make sure you are a Keenime member. Got it?</str> <b> Ah, screw it, forget that rule, we'll take anyone who wants to draw anime, nuff said. </b> Next, make a nice graphic that follows the season (ahem, winter), preferably showcasing one or more of your own characters, and attach it onto an email to <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a> (with the header "ATTN:FCW2003!!"). Originally I made a deadline of Dec 10th, 2002 - however, I've scrapped it to fit JasterW's philosophy, so now there is <b>no real deadline</b> on this. However, the official KeenIME event will be at New Years 2002->2003, so if you want the good publicity, I suggest you get it in by Dec 10th as a safe measure.
Be sure to include:
1. The image(s) (but of course)
2. A short one sentence description for each image
3. Your name (or how you'd like to be identified)
4. Your comic's name
5. Your comic's URL
6. Your contact email, if different from where you send it (just so I can keep you on a temporary no spam FCW2003 mailing list)
<b><i>"Then what will YOU do?"</i></b>
For the general WINTERSPACE2002 event, I will send all submissions to JasterW for further review. Please read this carefully, and probably twice, as it may confuse you the first time.
All submissions to me will be automatically submitted to GENERAL WINTERSPACE2002 in addition to KeenIME FCW2003 (2003 because it's a new year's type thingy)
<B>For GENERAL WINTERSPACE2002:</b>
1. I will send all submissions I get to JasterW, who will proceed to take a look at it, make sure it fits his event (which is up to him), and will put it up accordingly.
2. Submission rules for this may be slightly different than mine. Read below.
3. He will put together a nice page with everyones graphics, with probably thumnails and a description, displaying each author's submission and a link back to their comic. You will be thrown in with the rest of submissions (non-KeenIME)
<B>For KeenIME FCW2003:</b>
1. I will judge all submissions, and if you follow the rules I've laid out (read below), I will put it up on a KeenIME FCW2003 submissions-only page, with the same good stuff that is aforementioned in #3 in the last paragraph.
2. This page, though separate from the general WINTERSPACE2002 site, will be just an extra page that will be linked to by our dropdown when the time comes; however, it will link back to general WINTERSPACE2002, and yes, your pictures (if accepted by JasterW) will be in that site too, possibly with a small side-recognition that you submitted via KeenIME.
3. Submissions on the KeenIME separate page won't necessarily be on the general WINTERSPACE2002, if it is the case that I accept your work but JasterW doesn't (unlikely; read below for further details).
4. Even if I don't accept a work for the KeenIME page (most likely because of offensivity), I will <b>still</b> send it to JasterW, with the chance he finds it less offensive than I do.
5. The above items should give you the notion that you have <B>nothing to lose</b> by submitting it through KeenIME FCW2003; your work will have no less of a chance of being on WINTERSPACE2002. The advantages are possibly more publicity towards your site, and that warm winter-fuzzy feeling of being a proud KeenIME member.
The GENERAL WINTERSPACE2002 page will be up on JasterW's own accord; last I heard, he's just going to put it up whenever. Once I find out, I will send him your submissions, and your pictures will go up on his site when he puts them up, which I have a feeling will be really early.
However, for the separate KeenIME FCW2003 page, I am guessing that it'll be up a tad bit later. The will become officially complete on probably the 29th of December, but as late as the 31st. Most likely it'll come out much earlier.
I will, a few weeks before that, email the creators (using that temporary mailing list) the URL of where this future page will be, so they can announce it on their site during that time. Also, we'll try to provide some nifty linking banners and such (you can also make me and send me these if you're interested). The site will be up basically forever, and it will be linked to as the weekly spotlight for that new years week, later accessible through the dropdown.
<b><i>"Alright...but WINTER? Come on, Bryan!"</i></b>
I don't underestimate the power of your creativity. Okay, so Winter's not exactly ideal for swimsuits (or maybe?). So frickin' what? Winter can be dag-frickin' sexy if you want it! The weather inside <i>is</i> delightful after all. (or whatever that song says)
<b><i>"Please be more specific on what you actually want." (WHAT ARE THE RULES?)</i></b>
<b>ANYTHING!</b> The theme is winter time / new years time. Other than that, <b>ANYTHING YOU WANT</b>. Here are some guidelines:
GENERAL WINTERSPACE2002 Rules:
1. The following rules are not necessarily the same as those for Winterspace 2002. Last I heard, they are looking preferably for sexy+funny. Don't take my word for it; I also know that JasterW is one of the most flexible guys, and so anything that passes through me will most likely pass through him. If you wish to find out what JasterW's requirements are, go <a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=43770">here</a>.
1. Has to be winter oriented.
2. Anime/Manga styled. Although I'm not going to judge this on how big your character's eyes or breasts are, I just don't see why anyone who doesn't do anime would sign up here. Don't take this rule too seriously folks. I am <b><i>not</i></b> a judge on how anime-y something looks. I'll basically put anything you give me up. I just want this rule here so people who don't associate their work with Anime/Manga style and feel they would much better belong in the <a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=43770">GENERAL WINTERSPACE 2002</a> only will not feel compelled to submit it through here.
3. Large graphics okay, but be reasonable. Let's cap them at ...well...400k. I can't see anyone really needing more. (If you do and have a good reason, contact me and we'll work it out.) Try to keep them in JPG or GIF formats (if you have another format that you are compelled to use, again, contact me).
4. <B>NON-OFFENSIVE</B>. If I think your image is too suggestive of anything that I deem shouldn't be suggested, I will not put it up. Especially HATEFUL stuff. Please read the "HENTAI DISCLAIMER" below for more info on that.
Preferences (We'd like you to follow these guidelines, but you don't have to):
1. Full Images are preferred over comics. It'd be nice to have it colored, too.
2. Content regards original characters, and especially characters from your comics (good if you want to advertise). Original characters not from your comics and non-original characters are still okay, and a mixture of both is fine. Make sure copyrights and credits are given to the proper creators.
3. Characters preferred. I wouldn't know why anyone would submit just a picture of a landscape, but it is possible, and we'll accept it.
4. Take your time on these, as you want it to look nice. We prefer one nicely made image over many hastily drawn images.
Things you can do (but are not limited to do)
1. Any genre/mood. Sad, happy, sexy, cute, sentimental, whatever.
2. Commemorate any holiday you like (XMAS,HANNUKAH,KWANZAA), or NEW YEARS. Or commemorate nothing: you can keep it free of any holiday connotations, and as long as its winter time, it's cool with us.
3. I know that, where I live, it doesn't snow. You're not required to make the winter "typical", although still keep winter in mind.
4. Any kind of character is fine: anthropomorphic characters (furries), monsters and creatures, talking objects (e.g. Hanky) are all fine with us.
5. Send me as many images as you like.
6. Any age, any sex (including androgynous and in-between genders), any "life-preference."
<b><i>"Now give us the obligatory no hentai please disclaimer."</i></b>
Ha ha, you <i>knew</i> we were coming to this. Yes, of course there are restrictions. Please, nothing offensive in any way. Nudity is allowed (you however hereby agree to having a possible disclaimer next to the thumbnail of an aforementioned image), but very graphic nudity/situations and the like, if deemed too excessive by yours truly, will not be posted up. However, I'm pretty lenient and I'm sure JasterW is too, so give us a try.
And <i>pleeeaaassee</i>, no explicit pictures of underaged characters!!!
Alright, so have fun, and start drawing! I hope people have fun with this and we get a lot of participants. If so, cool. Your comic will receive even more exposure than before. If we don't get a good turnout, no worries, more time off the computer and with my family drinking egg nog. But no worries! Go draw now! I want you to!
Also, if you got any questions, comments, or ideas, or if you want to help out somehow with the page, making banners, or anything else you can think of, feel free to bring em up here in this thread, or email me.
Last edited by ZOMBIE USER 2125
on Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.