40%
G is for Jesus
20%
Hostess Fruit Pies
40%

Total votes : 5

Special Sneak Preview For Forum-Goers

Postby Dustin on Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:06 am

I have uploaded all the new Gerald Hawkins strips and made all the necessary updates to the various information pages. They won't be directly linked until Friday, but you, yes you, can see them before then.

So, tomorrow, when Keenspace does its autoupdate thing, you can go here. Scroll down to where it says Gerald Hawkins in big letters and you'll see links to his new comics.

Why am I doing this? Two reasons.

One, it gives people who come to the forum a little something extra to look at. Maybe some of you wiseguys out there will post something.

Two, I want to be sure everything is properly uploaded, and if it's not, maybe you guys can tell me, eh?

Just fyi, since it's not running on the keen automated script thing, it won't be as "neat" as the main comics. So here are a few weird details I'm already aware of:

The "prior" button on G is for Jesus takes you to a page with same strips as on the "main" page, even though the url is different. Once there's a page two, this won't be an issue.

The "next" button on page two of Las Vegas Dead takes you the main page, which is exactly the same as page two. It's going to be this way for both strips once they get going. This is just a minor imperfection that I lack the skill to iron out, so I did a sort of "best two out of three" thing with the html.

There you have it then. Just 17 or so hours and the pages will be up.
<A HREF="http://adventuresanatomica.keenspace.com">Adventures Anatomica</A> - a jerk in progress

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
-uncofirmed punk and arty one.
Dustin
Regular Poster

Yay

Postby Avenger on Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:39 pm

The forum people love gratitious updates! Like it or not, but expect to see a lot more of me (for I share your apparent complete lack of social life and is therefore prone to attend said forums).
Did i remember to say yay?
Avenger

Hostess Fruit Pies = Howard Dean?

Postby The_constable on Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:04 pm

The Hostess Fruit Pies are getting shafted.

Usually a preview is just one or two comics, not all of them ... I guess I have some work to do ...

-Gerald
Department of Experimental Gynecology
The_constable

Postby Dustin on Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:24 pm

This is what I meant about updates going up all at once. You can do the comics on sorta whatever schedule is comfortable to you, and then send them to me whenever you've got a few, and I put em all up. I can't make it dole them out one by one, off the main page.

So, the same schedule as Local Heroes, but presumably updated a bit more regularly. At some point I'm going to rearrange the main page again, so that all the regularly updated stuff is linked off it more prominently. I'm trying to think of how do make that work right now. Maybe I should add "Web Design" to my list of subjects I need to take a course on.

Also... did you want the giant white-spaces around Vegas Dead, or should I crop those? Thankfully, the way I've got it set up, any changes to the comics themselves will take effect immediately, rather than having to run an update.

Anywho, glad to see a new person on the forums. Maybe I'll start posting some bits of artwork here, or something along those lines, see if that doesn't get some more folks to peek in.
<A HREF="http://adventuresanatomica.keenspace.com">Adventures Anatomica</A> - a jerk in progress

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
Dustin
Regular Poster

Web Comic vs. Wedding?

Postby The_constable on Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:55 am

I was wondering what was up with that white space ... I guess I accidentally sent the untrimmed versions .... Yeah, go ahead and trim them, or I can send you the trimmed ones tomorrow.

Not today, though, 'cause, you know, I'm supposed to be getting married and stuff.

-Gerald
The_constable

Postby Dustin on Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:22 am

Always with the excuses. I'll get em trimmed down then.

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
Dustin
Regular Poster

Postby Three Dark on Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:16 pm

I hadda vote for the Pie.

But, realy, my mad vote goes to the coolness of Vegas Dead.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must decrypt these cryptic precrypt statements!

Maybe.

AIEEEEEEE!
Three Dark

Traitor in Our Midst

Postby The_constable on Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:23 pm

So wait, if Hostess Fruit Pies win, do I have to supply them instead?

It was a tough vote. I made the comics, but Hostess Fruit Pies are really good ...

-Gerald
The_constable

Postby Dustin on Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:46 pm

Nah, it will just re-establish your status as a revolutionary artist that bucks the trends or something like that. Though I suppose you could always try and subtly work Hostess Fruit Pies into Las Vegas Dead...

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
Dustin
Regular Poster

Return to Adventures Anatomica