To those in the retail industry...

Postby Justinpie on Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:29 pm

I know it's your job to sell stuff, but I would like to play Smash Brothers Mele
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Al_fayyed on Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:19 am

There are accepted ways for one to communicate to a salesperson that one is busy taking advantage of the product demo and would rather not have a sales pitch interfere with his gaming experience:
  1. "Excuse me, sir..."<br>"Can't talk. Smashing."
  2. "Sir, pardon me."<br>"Look, I'll buy something if you get on player 2 and let me whip your butt for a half hour. Take the Ice Climbers -- they suck."
  3. "Are you interested in in-store credit?"<br>"Sure. The people at the debt restructuring agency say I shouldn't get any more credit cards, but this is different, right?"
  4. "Sir-"<br>"If you can tell me why I got points off for 'shameful fall,' then I'll listen to what you have to say."
  5. "Let me tell you about our warantee..."<br>"Take that, Ganondorf! Yeah, suck up my ghetto-pika-tabulousness! What were you saying?"

If they try to kick you out, claim you're a "mystery shoppper." This will put them on their guard, because mystery shoppers usually write down all infractions and rat out staffers whom they don't like.

- Akhmed Al-Fayyed
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Sat Apr 20, 2002 7:22 am

*Invites everyone over to my place for some distraction-free Smash Brothers Melee*
But beware, practice has made me deadly. :grin:
...Another strategy for playing in the store would be the diversion method. Hire an accomplice to do something in another part of the store that'll distract and occupy most of the staff - like making a huge scene, or setting a small fire.
Bring lots of disguises, and trade places every two hours.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Justinpie on Sat Apr 20, 2002 8:33 am

On 2002-04-20 08:22, kathleenJ wrote:
*Invites everyone over to my place for some distraction-free Smash Brothers Melee*
But beware, practice has made me deadly. :grin:

Oh please. I'd so annihilate you it's not even funny. Unless you were a masochist or something, then it'd be hilarious.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Al_fayyed on Sat Apr 20, 2002 9:46 pm

That "World Traveller" thing is good, right?

I have no appreciable gaming skills. Progress Quest is about as capable as I get.

And it's always good to have someone start ransacking the Martha Stewart goods display first, screaming something like "destroy the idols of the demon godddess," because then the staff is too busy saving the bed linens to care about how long you play Smash Brothers.

- Akhmed Al-Fayyed
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Return to Killroy and Tina