Disco Stu is... dead

Postby Justinpie on Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:22 am

Good news, everyone! My computer crashed!

Yep, that's right. My disk, or Disco Stu as I affectionately knew him, is corrupted beyond the point of even formatting. It clicks and whirrs uncontrollably whenever I try to start it up.

So this means Saturday's Killroy and Tina probably won't go up. And until I get a new HD and get everything loaded (probably over this week - barring a ton of homework) I'm not sure what's up. I may just not update, OR just Garfield style "feed the need" comics, OR I'll put up black and white stuff and colorize later, since the computer coloring was 90% of why I needed a computer for it in the first place. Maybe this is Jeebus's way of telling me to practice my inking.

Just so everyone knows, Killroy and Tina is wayy too important to me to let this stop it or put it on hold too long, so no worries about this becoming one of THOSE comics. I'll keep you posted, right here, on Walton's Mountain.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: justinpie on 2002-04-18 05:31 ]</font>
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby Al_fayyed on Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:54 am

Rumsfeld! Rumsfeld! Rumsfeld!
:grin:

Anyway...maybe you could print out old <i>Killroy & Tina</i>s, cut out the characters, and place them on backgrounds found in magazine ads (like for Claritin). I have a typewriter, so if I were doing it I wouldn't worry about hand-lettering, but you could always get those scratch-off transfers.

- Akhmed
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:43 am

I used to have those scratch off lettering transfers, way back in the day! You'd always run out of useful letters, like E, and be left with an abundance of detritus, like Qs and Xs.
Anyways...
Rest in peace, Disco Stu.
Good to hear this won't be the end of Killroy and Tina, cause that would be a tragedy. But yeah, this will all work out somehow, updates or coloring or collages or not...don't stress!
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Return to Killroy and Tina