OT - Artistic Help Wanted

OT - Artistic Help Wanted

Postby Mako on Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:15 pm

As I keep saying to the long suffering Level Head, there are just sooo many shinys in the world... I may not be able to push a pencil but I can push a few bits for friends, so I've gone ahead and done it: hirezfox.com is all mine Mine MINE! :D

I'm setting it up as a simple portal and as a just for fun thing as a way of contributing something back.

Anyways, the real purpose of this thread is to request some images to sprinkle around the site. I'm quite happy to use existing art or if you
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7666 on Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:28 pm

What exactly are you looking for? Only fox artwork? Any kind of anthropomorphic character art? Only Scott's characters? What? What? What?

I'm an artist...I need specifics. :)

Where's the coffee?
ZOMBIE USER 7666
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 10915 on Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:51 pm

Looking forward to seeing you new site.:D

I've considered starting my own but I'm not very web savvy and fairly poor so it probably will be awhile.:roll:
ZOMBIE USER 10915
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg on Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:54 pm

Whatcha need, Skipper? :D

You're of course welcome to grab anything off the main site. :)

Scott
Scott Kellogg
The future's so bright, you gotta wear shades...
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby Batty den on Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:10 pm

If you see http://www.battyden.net/Pictures/3D_Renders/ that you like, grab it.
More bats in comics!
Credendo Vides
Batty den
Regular Poster

Alicorns of unusual size

Postby Mako on Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:36 am

whitepony wrote:What exactly are you looking for? Only fox artwork? Any kind of anthropomorphic character art? Only Scott's characters? What? What? What?

Where's the coffee?

Certainly foxes, anthro or other wise would be most welcomed. Unicorns are a shoe-in too.... Foxes And Unicorns would be exceptionally awesome :)

Hey! Did you know your a movie star??? I went to see Harry Potter tonight for the first time, and you had a nice, but all too short part in a SUV ad of all things they ran before the flick :)

You sure are taller on the Big Screen than you are in the comics, and wowza you sure do have one impressively large, err, alicorn :o

Ahhh, and as for the coffee, well the Necter of Ye Gods themselves can be found right Here. This stuff got me through three startups. Accept no substitutes! :D

Tnx!
Mako

Mako
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:40 am

Kellogg wrote:Whatcha need, Skipper? :D

You're of course welcome to grab anything off the main site. :)

Scott

Well I'll happily steal, err, I mean graciously take lend of Jack and Jenny images from your gallery, and Beth 'n Barb and maybe Cecil too :)

I'll let you all know once I've got something pulled together....

Yays and Tnx!
Mako
Last edited by Mako on Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:42 am

batty den wrote:If you see http://www.battyden.net/Pictures/3D_Renders/ that you like, grab it.

Holy cow Batty, you got a ton 'o 3D Goodness in there! I'll go through it all and let you know what images I am interested in bumming from you...

Tnx!
Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:57 am

Sheepdog wrote:Looking forward to seeing you new site.:D

I've considered starting my own but I'm not very web savvy and fairly poor so it probably will be awhile.:roll:

Fortunately I'm just using existing hardware and cable modem setup to host the site, so my main cost is just in time and the $35 bones it cost to register the domain.

I'm far, ludicrously far in fact, from being a web guru, but I can cobble together functional and easy to use sites in spite of myself :)

CYa!
Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Re: Alicorns of unusual size

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7666 on Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:56 am

Mako wrote:
whitepony wrote:What exactly are you looking for? Only fox artwork? Any kind of anthropomorphic character art? Only Scott's characters? What? What? What?

Where's the coffee?

Certainly foxes, anthro or other wise would be most welcomed. Unicorns are a shoe-in too.... Foxes And Unicorns would be exceptionally awesome :)

Hey! Did you know your a movie star??? I went to see Harry Potter tonight for the first time, and you had a nice, but all too short part in a SUV ad of all things they ran before the flick :)

You sure are taller on the Big Screen than you are in the comics, and wowza you sure do have one impressively large, err, alicorn :o

Ahhh, and as for the coffee, well the Necter of Ye Gods themselves can be found right Here. This stuff got me through three startups. Accept no substitutes! :D

Tnx!
Mako

Foxes and Unicorns? Hmmm...Well, for right now, how about this foxy young lady...

Yea, I saw the SUV commericial when I saw the Second Harry Potter movie last weekend. We're going back to see it again today. I was amuzed to see the image on the screen and wondered how many regulars to both Scott's and Mark's Forums would think "White PONY?!" :D Thanks for noticing...

YEOW!!! $40.00 per half pound of Blue Mountain Blend? Ohhh...I'm sorry, most of you folks here probably don't know that Beth, The White Guardian comes from the Blue Mountain Range. The image over on Mark's Forum is a drawing of the Blue Mountains at Christmas time.
ZOMBIE USER 7666
Regular Poster

Harry Potter?

Postby Hortmage on Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:37 am

Speaking of Harry Potter....

Cute "cameo" in today's strip, Scott!

Although, wouldn't JK Rowling (Growling?) have a fit if she saw who was astride Harry's broomstick??? :wink:
Hortmage, The Magic Gardener
Making Environmental Education Fun AND Magical!
Hortmage
Regular Poster

say it with flowers

Postby Hortmage on Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:44 am

batty den wrote:If you see http://www.battyden.net/Pictures/3D_Renders/ that you like, grab it.

I LOVE the "flowers.jpg" in your 3D folder, Batty!

I grabbed it, for use on my office computer's wallpaper (it should creep out my secretaries, I do believe!). :wink:
Hortmage, The Magic Gardener
Making Environmental Education Fun AND Magical!
Hortmage
Regular Poster

Re: Harry Potter?

Postby Matt Trepal on Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:50 am

Hortmage wrote:Speaking of Harry Potter....

Cute "cameo" in today's strip, Scott!

Although, wouldn't JK Rowling (Growling?) have a fit if she saw who was astride Harry's broomstick??? :wink:

"Chamber of Secrets" indeed! :o

There's a VR sim/stim to make heroin look like powdered sugar!

Nice one, Scott!
Last edited by Matt Trepal on Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<A HREF="http://www.fightcastorevade.net" TARGET=_blank>Fight Cast Or Evade</A>
Swords, sorcery, heroes, villains, and serious discourse on the socio-political issues facing our modern society.
Oh, and talking animals.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mako on Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:06 pm

whitepony wrote:Foxes and Unicorns? Hmmm...Well, for right now, how about this foxy young lady...

Yea, I saw the SUV commericial when I saw the Second Harry Potter movie last weekend. We're going back to see it again today. I was amuzed to see the image on the screen and wondered how many regulars to both Scott's and Mark's Forums would think "White PONY?!" :D Thanks for noticing...

YEOW!!! $40.00 per half pound of Blue Mountain Blend? Ohhh...I'm sorry, most of you folks here probably don't know that Beth, The White Guardian comes from the Blue Mountain Range. The image over on Mark's Forum is a drawing of the Blue Mountains at Christmas time.

It seems DNS has done it's thing, at least here in the States, so try to give this a click and you'll hopefully get a sneak peak at the v0.000 HiRezFox page complete with your Foxette Alicia :D

I haven't had a chance to raid, err, browse through Scott's work yet, that'll happen later tonight sometime I think.

Apparently there is a bonus scene at the end of the credits of CoS that I missed (had to get the 14 year old home, the flick let out at 11:40PM, ouch). Check it out if you haven't already...

There is a brief winter scene with a herd of white sleigh horses in CoS, although the mix of live action and CGI makes it one of the less effective scenes visually (lots of processing artifacts).

I don't buy the whiz bang $40 stuff, the regular Peet's is more than sufficient to meet my caffination requirements :D

Thanks!!!
Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby Little_Dragon on Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:35 pm

I have something fox-related in the mail for you, Mako. If it's too large, feel free to scale it down.
Little_Dragon
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:06 pm

Little_Dragon wrote:I have something fox-related in the mail for you, Mako. If it's too large, feel free to scale it down.

Awesome news, alas, I suspect it bounced???

My name is is all funky spelling wise, I suspect that's the likely cause...

allenwoolley@yahoo.com for a clean cut 'n paste (hope the spammers aren't peeking, you evil @#^^@! )

Tnx!
Mako
Last edited by Mako on Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby HugoFuchs on Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:57 pm

Mako wrote:
whitepony wrote:YEOW!!! $40.00 per half pound of Blue Mountain Blend? Ohhh...I'm sorry, most of you folks here probably don't know that Beth, The White Guardian comes from the Blue Mountain Range. [/url].

I don't buy the whiz bang $40 stuff, the regular Peet's is more than sufficient to meet my caffination requirements :D
Mako

The Blue Mountain Blend is about $10 a pound here, The 100% Blue Mountain beans unblended are rather more expensive. If someone tries to go above $15 for a blend then just pass on it. The pure stuff should be around $30-$40/lb. Say $45-$50/lb. shipped Fedex 2-3 day direct from Jamaica. It's cheaper if you want it sent by ship/ground. It also depends on which plantation it comes from too. Okay, so I'm a cofee snob. :roll: It is both legal and still cheaper than most other addictions. Come to think of it, the money I saved from quitting smoking now pays for my cofee addiction. :D

If you want to know where to order it direct or via ship/ground, let me know. 8)
HugoFuchs
Regular Poster

Re: say it with flowers

Postby Batty den on Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:25 pm

Hortmage wrote:

I LOVE the "flowers.jpg" in your 3D folder, Batty!

I grabbed it, for use on my office computer's wallpaper (it should creep out my secretaries, I do believe!). :wink:

Remember to say it with flowers. :D

batty
More bats in comics!
Credendo Vides
Batty den
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 10915 on Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:40 pm

Matt Trepal
"Chamber of Secrets" indeed!

*Sheepdog thinks about it a minute, starts panting and passes out*
ZOMBIE USER 10915
Regular Poster

Postby Matt Trepal on Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:22 pm

Well, I don't have anything extra, but feel free to plop a link to FCE, should you so desire.

(and I don't have a hi-res archive to let you host, either; I sorta purposefully draw the strips so that I don't need one)
<A HREF="http://www.fightcastorevade.net" TARGET=_blank>Fight Cast Or Evade</A>
Swords, sorcery, heroes, villains, and serious discourse on the socio-political issues facing our modern society.
Oh, and talking animals.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to 21st Century Fox