Leonid Meteor Showers Tonight!

Postby HugoFuchs on Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:26 pm

AirbornFox wrote:... but sitting up at altitude, there was still a descent bit o excitement.

So where's the pictures or digital footage? :D
HugoFuchs
Regular Poster

Postby Quill on Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:19 am

AirbornFox wrote:there was still a descent bit o excitement.

And it was descending! :D :wink:
Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.
Quill
Regular Poster

Postby AirbornFox on Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:54 am

OH?! Are you in the military? Please forgive me if I'm overly curious. I'm still new to Scott's Forum here and I don't know everybody yet and what they do for a living, and your message intriqued me.
yup, Mako is correct :wink: , I am a Surveillance Technician on board the E-3 AWACS 8) . Enlisted, dont actually fly the jet, just sit in the back workin a scope. :)
as for the pics, sorry, I did not bring my camera on that flight, for 2 reasons. 1st, I didnt know if there would be much of a show (boy was I wrong :o ), and 2nd, I have noticed most night/dark shots dont turn out on my camera for some odd reason (still figuring out all the goodies).
Watching over you always,
Airborn Fox
AirbornFox
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7666 on Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:41 pm

Cool! :)

My father was in the US Navy for 32 years as an Anti-Submarine Warfare Tech flying aboard the P3 Orion turbo prop planes. He idea of toys for us at Christmas were the empty sonar-bouy containers. We made some interesting club-houses and forts out of those things. :D
ZOMBIE USER 7666
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:58 pm

whitepony wrote:Cool! :)

My father was in the US Navy for 32 years as an Anti-Submarine Warfare Tech flying aboard the P3 Orion turbo prop planes. He idea of toys for us at Christmas were the empty sonar-bouy containers. We made some interesting club-houses and forts out of those things. :D

HA! :D

For us it was the temperature probes we shot from the signal ejector. Lucky me, I was the only guy who knew how to run the damn recorder properly, so guess who lost how much valuable rack time to that fun? :)

We used the pastic tubes for just about everything too, from rifle storage to taping a flash light to the base and using them for light saber wars :lol: Using the rig for red lenses you could even have good guys vs. bad guys fights :D

CYa!
Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to 21st Century Fox