Hard Headed Wolf

Hard Headed Wolf

Postby Mako on Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:52 pm

Well THAT was certainly unexpected! Scobee coming the rescue???!!!

Lot's of other stuff going on in today's strip too - A Benz with winglets? Hmm, she really must fly! :) What's TurboStrahltriebwerk stand for? I get the turbo reference, but the rest is glokenspiel to me...

Lucky for Scobee he's got a hard head, that lion nailed the hell out of him too...

And if Scobee made it out of the building, the rest of the cavalry can't be too far behind either. That lion looks like he's about to be left behind to face the giraffe inquisition too...

Yays Scott :)

Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Re: Hard Headed Wolf

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8290 on Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:29 am

Mako wrote:Well THAT was certainly unexpected! Scobee coming the rescue???!!!

It could have been for professional reasons (at least that's what Scobee would say): intruders at a government contractor installation attempting to kidnap an authorized guest. There could be no question as what to do. Plus Smelly gave him a good talking to. He had to get back on his good side.

Perhaps he's trying to get Jenny back. If (perish the thought) Jack died at the hands of the lions, he would not be able to compete with a memory (or a ghost for the supernaturally-minded :wink:).

Mako wrote:Lucky for Scobee he's got a hard head, that lion nailed the hell out of him too...

Allow me to play devil's advocate: that lion is dumb as bricks! He should have waited to see how the confrontation between Scobee and the lioness would turn out before attacking. If by any chance he returns to his group, he won't be around long.

Mako wrote:And if Scobee made it out of the building, the rest of the cavalry can't be too far behind either. That lion looks like he's about to be left behind to face the giraffe inquisition too...

*Points to that ominous green VTOL* I hope those are our heroes in there...

Desgar (Repeal the LEO ballistic hoof ban!)
ZOMBIE USER 8290
Regular Poster

Postby AirbornFox on Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:03 am

Too bad scobee is mostly cybernetic from the waist down, that looked like one heck of a clong! (gonna feel that for a while!)
By 21st century fox universe laws, isnt Jack a lion? If so, he doesnt look very well treated by his "fellow" lions! :wink:
Cant wait to see how this all develops, lotsa confusion on everyones part (even mine, but this is why I like it!) cant wait to see how it all turns out!
Watching over you always,
Airborn Fox
AirbornFox
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:43 am

Mako wrote: What's TurboStrahltriebwerk stand for? I get the turbo reference, but the rest is glokenspiel to me...
Mako

Hmm Altavists/babblefish sez it means turbojet. Maybe that benz really does fly!!!

CYa!
Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg on Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:05 am

Elvis Presley wrote:Well a hard headed wolf!
a soft headed Lion!
been the cause of trouble
ever since the world began!

TurboStrahltriebwerk:
Mako wrote:Hmm Altavists/babblefish sez it means turbojet.
Maybe that benz really does fly!!!

A turboshaft driven Mercedes Benz...
No, I'm afraid it doesn't fly through the air. It does tend to fly on land
though. 8)

Scott
Scott Kellogg
The future's so bright, you gotta wear shades...
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby Chocob0 on Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:21 am

Do you think that this might be Scobee's way of apologizing to Jack?

He doesn't seem like the type that would say sorry right out.. More of the type that would let his actions designate his attitude toward you.
Chocob0

Scoobee To the Rescue

Postby Legene on Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:43 am

Scoobee might just be responding in a more lupine sense. He's having trouble with Jack, true, but troubles with someone in the pack don't prevent pack members from defending their own against outside threats.

BTW, is that a Cheyenne helicopter up there?
- Archer da HorseWoofie
Legene
Regular Poster

Re: Scoobee To the Rescue

Postby Kellogg on Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:36 am

legene wrote:BTW, is that a Cheyenne helicopter up there?

Info:
http://www.internetage.com/cartercopters/pics9.htm

Regrettably, the AH-56 Cheyenne in 2066 is just as cancelled as it ever was... But that doesn't mean it's design influence doesn't have descendants. :D

(I built a model of the Cheyenne a looong time ago. Neat helicopter!)
Scott Kellogg
The future's so bright, you gotta wear shades...
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Re: Scoobee To the Rescue

Postby Legene on Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:50 pm

Kellogg wrote:
legene wrote:BTW, is that a Cheyenne helicopter up there?

Regrettably, the AH-56 Cheyenne in 2066 is just as cancelled as it ever was... But that doesn't mean it's design influence doesn't have descendants. :D

(I built a model of the Cheyenne a looong time ago. Neat helicopter!)

I thought it looked familiar, but it took me a while to place it. Definitely a neat machine.

I guess this shows it really was ahead of its time. :D
- Archer da HorseWoofie
Legene
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 10430 on Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:56 am

AirbornFox wrote:Too bad scobee is mostly cybernetic from the waist down, that looked like one heck of a clong! (gonna feel that for a while!)
By 21st century fox universe laws, isnt Jack a lion? If so, he doesnt look very well treated by his "fellow" lions! :wink:
Cant wait to see how this all develops, lotsa confusion on everyones part (even mine, but this is why I like it!) cant wait to see how it all turns out!
Well, there seem to be two groups (prides?) involved: one group of yobs seeking revenge against Jack for the Lion he killed and ate. The question is, what does the other, more stylish and sophisticated group want with Jack?
ZOMBIE USER 10430
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:06 am

Greyman wrote:
AirbornFox wrote:Too bad scobee is mostly cybernetic from the waist down, that looked like one heck of a clong! (gonna feel that for a while!)
Well, there seem to be two groups (prides?) involved: one group of yobs seeking revenge against Jack for the Lion he killed and ate. The question is, what does the other, more stylish and sophisticated group want with Jack?

Dunno yet, but the drunkard lion's girlfriend was pregnant... Maybe her family/pride has an interest in Jack?

Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby Quill on Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:21 am

Mako wrote:
Greyman wrote:Well, there seem to be two groups (prides?) involved: one group of yobs seeking revenge against Jack for the Lion he killed and ate. The question is, what does the other, more stylish and sophisticated group want with Jack?

Dunno yet, but the drunkard lion's girlfriend was pregnant... Maybe her family/pride has an interest in Jack?

Mako

I can just see it. The once-pregnant lady declares that Jack must take the father-role to a clutch of leonine kits...the fruit of Jack's lions... :D
Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.
Quill
Regular Poster

Postby Matt Trepal on Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:41 pm

Quill wrote:I can just see it. The once-pregnant lady declares that Jack must take the father-role to a clutch of leonine kits...the fruit of Jack's lions... :D

Quite the blow to Jack's pride, I think....
<A HREF="http://www.fightcastorevade.net" TARGET=_blank>Fight Cast Or Evade</A>
Swords, sorcery, heroes, villains, and serious discourse on the socio-political issues facing our modern society.
Oh, and talking animals.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kanaeda Kuonji on Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:44 pm

I'm under the impression that among the lions, there is a great deal of discontent, and that there is a very good chance something big involving Jack will happen.

I just hope Scobee and the others can help...
Kanaeda Kuonji
Regular Poster

Return to 21st Century Fox