FoxCall Saturday!

FoxCall Saturday!

Postby Mako on Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:42 pm

All 21st Century Fox fans are invited to participate in the first ever <b><i>FoxCall</i></b> internet conference call this coming Saturday, October 19th from 1PM to 2PM Pacific (GMT -8 ) time.

This is a by the fans for the fans community event, so please feel free to pop on in and literally say Howdy! to all your fellow 21CF addicts.

All the details, including the technical ones, can be found <a href="http://www.caspeed.com/foxcall/"> <b>Here</b></a>.

We may even have a Special Guest of Honor appearance, though I'm not saying whom that may be, you'll just have to show up to find out :P

I will be creating a #21CF irc channel on the undernet for those that either can't participate in the con call or would also enjoy typing at each other. Real time tech support questions can also be asked here.

After you read the web page (please do actually read ALL of the web page) I'll answer any FoxCall specific questions here. So watch this space for more info as it happens.

Thanks!
Mako
CTO - Zzyzx Phone Company

<i>The KS forum server is having horrific problems (again, sigh...) Hopefully this posting will "stick" this time. Sorry for any duplications.</i>
Last edited by Mako on Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mako
Regular Poster

Re: FoxCall Saturday!

Postby Little_Dragon on Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:19 pm

Mako wrote:<i>The KS forum server is having horrific problems (again, sigh...) Hopefully this posting will "stick" this time.</i>

Problems with the server? Is that why my animation thread disappeared this weekend?
Little_Dragon
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:37 pm

Little_Dragon wrote:
Mako wrote:<i>The KS forum server is having horrific problems (again, sigh...) Hopefully this posting will "stick" this time.</i>

Problems with the server? Is that why my animation thread disappeared this weekend?

The KS server had a helluva time letting me edit the FoxCall post above, it would just sit there and eventually barf. LH lost a post on the Albion Fuzz forum recently as well. I would not be at all surprised to learn your thread went poof too, sigh...

So are you going to participate in the FoxCall? Sure would be fun to talk with you about your work...

Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby Little_Dragon on Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:31 am

Sorry, I don't do realtime chat. However, I appreciate the invitation.

If you're curious about my work, feel free to post any questions in the 21CF, SJ, or Freefall forums, which I visit regularly. Or elsewhere, for that matter. I read a lot of webcomics.

If my thread's disappearance was a technical glitch, perhaps I should repost. I wanted to make certain it wasn't deliberately removed for other reasons, first.
Little_Dragon
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6611 on Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:12 am

Little_Dragon wrote:Sorry, I don't do realtime chat. However, I appreciate the invitation.
I'd point out that this is intended to be voice rather than chat, if that makes a difference. The chat is a backup provision.
Little_Dragon wrote:If my thread's disappearance was a technical glitch, perhaps I should repost. I wanted to make certain it wasn't deliberately removed for other reasons, first.
I can guarantee to you that Scott Kellogg holds your work in high regard, and is pleased and flattered by your attention to Jenny Curtis.

Also, he would be reluctant to remove *any* thread without extensive attempts at other solutions -- I have seen his handling of potential conflict with gentle grace.

Please re-post if you can. I also enjoy your work, by the way -- but you knew that. ;)
ZOMBIE USER 6611
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg on Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:55 am

Little_Dragon wrote:Problems with the server? Is that why my animation thread disappeared this weekend?

Disappeared!? Oh NUTs! It *is* gone! :(

No way, I sure as heck did not delete it! I LOVED it!
Nuts. I guess you didn't see my responce, either. :(

I basically agreed with Level Head's comments:
The T-shirt, the hip sway, the head turn to the camera,
the little wink, all great!
But went on to say that I liked the bounce of the tail
too. :D

I would say that Jenny wouldn't wear slacks like those,
but then again, you said it wasn't her, and Florence
wasn't in *hell* she was in Sunny Acapulco, right? :wink:
So, everything's okay. :D

However, if it *were* Jenny, I'd say that the tone of her
voice seems to agree with what I have in my head for her.

Also: Little Dragon, a site you might be interested in (apparently temporarily unavailable at the time I post this) has some free models
for Poser you might have some fun with:
The New Melbourne Shipyards
http://www.geocities.com/hgibbens/Index.html

Lots of different 3D spacecraft models. Perhaps you can make use
of them. :)

Scott (Still needs to test the Speak Freely software) Kellogg
Scott Kellogg
The future's so bright, you gotta wear shades...
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby AirbornFox on Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:40 am

hehe, count me in on the foxcall. :)
Watching over you always,
Airborn Fox
AirbornFox
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:37 am

AirbornFox wrote:hehe, count me in on the foxcall. :)

Yays! :)

CYa!
Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

So far...

Postby Mako on Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:22 am

Looks like moi, ABF, LH and maybe even a special Guest will be participating in the FoxCall this Saturday, assuming he's got his microphone setup working ;-P

Anyone else thinking of joining in?

CYa!
Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby Quill on Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:23 am

Er...possibly. Depends on how my Saturday sorts out, among other things.
Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.
Quill
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg on Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:20 pm

Hey! This thing works! :D

I'm testing out the software talking to Mako.
And it works pretty well! :)

I'll be there on Saturday! :D

WHeeeEEe!

Scott
Scott Kellogg
The future's so bright, you gotta wear shades...
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby Batty den on Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:28 pm

Mako wrote:All 21st Century Fox fans are invited to participate in the first ever <b><i>FoxCall</i></b> internet conference call this coming Saturday, October 19th from 1PM to 2PM Pacific (GMT -8 ) time.

that's 6am Sunday morning, my time. aagh.
More bats in comics!
Credendo Vides
Batty den
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:53 pm

batty den wrote:
Mako wrote:All 21st Century Fox fans are invited to participate in the first ever <b><i>FoxCall</i></b> internet conference call this coming Saturday, October 19th from 1PM to 2PM Pacific (GMT -8 ) time.

that's 6am Sunday morning, my time. aagh.

Sorry Batty :-( The next <i>FoxCall</i>, assuming everyone thinks the idea is worthy of a 2nd gone in a month or two's time, could be a few hours later in the afternoon. The difficulty of timing something so that all the Continents are able to participate is extreme.

The call starts at 9 or 10PM for Western Europe, although if no one from Europe is going to participate, it might be a practical thing to slip it a few hours the next time around, making it a bit less annoying for OZ to participate.

We'll likely be on the call for the whole hour, perhaps even longer depending. I've yet to have one of these calls with my friends be under one hour, it's too much fun to be able to babble on endlessly w/o the phone company's meter ticking away in the back of your head.

So maybe set the alarm and tank up on the double esspresso if you can... ;-)

CYa!
Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:57 pm

Kellogg wrote:Hey! This thing works! :D

I'm testing out the software talking to Mako.
And it works pretty well! :)

I'll be there on Saturday! :D

WHeeeEEe!

Scott

Woohoo! :D It's Official!

Mr. Kellogg will indeed be our special Guest of Honor on the inaugural FoxCall.

I'm adding some tech tips to the <i>FoxCall </i> page designed to help get your microphone working properly with some help from Scott, look for that update tomorrow PM.

Remember also the irc channel will be avialable as well for those that have access.

CYa!
Mako
Mako
Regular Poster

Return to 21st Century Fox