Top Clean Comics?

Top Clean Comics?

Postby Quill on Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:16 am

Mr. Kellogg--your strip is listed on the Top Clean Comics site, but I cannot find a button on your site. <puppy eyes> How can we vote for the strip without a button? </puppy eyes>
Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.
Quill
Regular Poster

Re: Top Clean Comics?

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6611 on Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:33 pm

Quill wrote:Mr. Kellogg--your strip is listed on the Top Clean Comics site, but I cannot find a button on your site. <puppy eyes> How can we vote for the strip without a button? </puppy eyes>
Quill, you always have good points. ;)
ZOMBIE USER 6611
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg on Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:31 pm

Hee! :D

The button will be appearing tomorrow. :)

Scott
Scott Kellogg
The future's so bright, you gotta wear shades...
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby LaserBeams on Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:22 am

The button has appeared, and I appear to be the first person to submit a vote!

Yay, I guess :)

You've got quite a way to go, as you're currently in 10th place with 1 vote (vs. Nip and Tuck's 12 votes)...

Oh well... I like all of them... lol... now what do I do? ERROR: MORAL DILEMMA! :p
LaserBeams

Postby Kellogg on Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:29 am

I'm just happy to be listed there. :D

Scott
Scott Kellogg
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby Quill on Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:55 am

Voted! Thank you!!
Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.
Quill
Regular Poster

Postby Baxtrr on Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:57 pm

Quill wrote:Voted! Thank you!!

And me. Let's get Scott further up in the standings, folks! He's at #6 with a bullet!

bax
baxtrr the figment
not a real person but
plays one on the web
Baxtrr
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg on Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:39 pm

Thanks All. :D
Scott Kellogg
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6611 on Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:14 pm

baxtrr wrote:
Quill wrote:Voted! Thank you!!

And me. Let's get Scott further up in the standings, folks! He's at #6 with a bullet!
"...with a bullet", he says. You are a music industry veteran, aren't you? ;)

A number of those charts came from my software, and the software was programmed to insert "hip, cool phrases" based on how an artist was doing and random weighted phrase generation. These went to the major record industry executives' desks every Monday. Hardly done anymore; the record store surveys have been replaced with automatic audio counters in stores.

Scott Kellogg certainly "Should get good jump!" :)
ZOMBIE USER 6611
Regular Poster

Postby Olick on Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:21 pm

Ahh, and as the votes are tallied, it has come to my attention that 21st Century Fox has attained a miraculous 2nd Place in the lineup, But competition is fierce, being only 3 votes from the third runner up, and 7 votes from the current top rank.(*Deeep Breath*)

Will 21st Century Fox attain the rank of first place?

Wiiiill Scobee ever get over his grudge with Jack?

Wiiiiiilllll Jenny crack under the pressure?

Wiiiiiiiiiilllllllllll Jack's car ever be fixed?

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllll Lindy ever pursue her(his?) dream of breaking into the pop music industry?

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllll Freud EVER have something to say about Jacks recurring Dreams?

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllll Jack's guitar ever come back, just to find Jack's been two timing with the cute Sax in the corner?

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllll Cecil ever tell Jack the dark secret of his bone pin, that it was excavated from an ancient Egyptian underground pyramid, and has the power to bring the dead to life(or undeath) at Cecil's beckoning?

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll LevelHead's evil twin Eduardo(yes, the muy loco one) reappear to destroy the last semblences of peace and logic on the Forum??

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll this announcer ever stop his inane ramblings of storylines yet to come, and finally shut his big mouth?!

(*GASP*)

All this and more on tomorrow's 21st Century FOX!!!!!!!
Olick
Regular Poster

Postby Olick on Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:32 pm

Oh, I guess its already tomorrow. *heh* :oops:

*slight addenum to script*

Oookay then(*GASP*)

Wil-*WHANG*

:A LevelHead look-alike is seen walking away from the scene with a shovel,grinning evilly
:but is it LevelHead, fed up with the announcers words, or is it Eduardo! The Muy Loco?
:The world may never know.(or maybe it was just Eduardo :wink: )

(P.S. Scott, I hope you didn't mean KiloGrams in that large panel, grams being a unit of mass, not of weight. I think Newton(or kiloNewton) would be the correct one in this case...)
Olick
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg on Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:27 am

Olick wrote:(P.S. Scott, I hope you didn't mean KiloGrams in that large panel, grams being a unit of mass, not of weight. I think Newton(or kiloNewton) would be the correct one in this case...)

Sorry... Blame Jenny. It was her idea to make the horrible pun. :D

It is technically correct. If the probe is under-massed it will be under-weight. But, a 17 Kilogram mass difference would be a fairly negligible difference.

17000 Newtons wouldn't be trivial. :o

Scott
Scott Kellogg
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6611 on Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:33 am

Olick wrote:A LevelHead look-alike is seen walking away from the scene with a shovel,grinning evilly
:but is it LevelHead, fed up with the announcers words, or is it Eduardo! The Muy Loco?
:The world may never know.(or maybe it was just Eduardo :wink: )
Most interesting. Being a look-alike to me would be likely to cause psychological trauma; I narrowly escaped this myself. There is some peculiar family history involved, but that's a tale for another time... ;)
Olick wrote:(P.S. Scott, I hope you didn't mean KiloGrams in that large panel, grams being a unit of mass, not of weight. I think Newton(or kiloNewton) would be the correct one in this case...)
I'd point out that Newtons are a unit of "force", as generally used in the aerospace industry.

Grams are units of mass, and are also units of weight although this value is more variable. 1KG mass=1KG weight at Earth sea level.

It's not clear from the discussion here that folks know the reason for Jenny's pun. 114 years earlier, a famous event occurred: Mamie Eisenhower christened the Nautilus, the first nuclear-powered submarine, on Jan. 21, 1954, as 20,000 people cheered her on. Just about a year later it left the pier, radioing back
ZOMBIE USER 6611
Regular Poster

Postby Eduardo on Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:20 am

[g r u m b l e]

eduardo etrigander
Last edited by Eduardo on Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eduardo

Postby Kellogg on Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:37 pm

Eduardo wrote:dare to call ME "muy loco"?!!!

Err... Pardon?

I trust this is all in fun...? :-?
Scott Kellogg
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby Nebulous Rikulau on Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:18 pm

LevelHead wrote:It's not clear from the discussion here that folks know the reason for Jenny's pun. 114 years earlier, a famous event occurred: Mamie Eisenhower christened the Nautilus, the first nuclear-powered submarine, on Jan. 21, 1954, as 20,000 people cheered her on. Just about a year later it left the pier, radioing back &#8220;Under way on nuclear power.&#8221;

I was going to ask about that. The phrase seemed meaningful beyond the basic, or even punning, wording, but I couldn't place it.

Thanks.
Nebulous Rikulau
Nebulous Rikulau
Regular Poster

Postby Olick on Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:20 am

Kellogg wrote:
Eduardo wrote:dare to call ME "muy loco"?!!!

Err... Pardon?

I trust this is all in fun...? :-?

Ummm... It was to me.

It was the middle of the night and I had trouble censoring my thoughts when speaking(or writing).

LevelHead wrote:
Olick wrote:
A LevelHead look-alike is seen walking away from the scene with a shovel,grinning evilly
:The world may never know.(or maybe it was just Eduardo )

Most interesting. Being a look-alike to me would be likely to cause psychological trauma; I narrowly escaped this myself. There is some peculiar family history involved, but that's a tale for another time... :wink:

Why do you think he is called the muy loco. :wink:

LevelHead wrote:

I'd point out that Newtons are a unit of "force", as generally used in the aerospace industry.

Grams are units of mass, and are also units of weight although this value is more variable. 1KG mass=1KG weight at Earth sea level.

It's not clear from the discussion here that folks know the reason for Jenny's pun. 114 years earlier, a famous event occurred: Mamie Eisenhower christened the Nautilus, the first nuclear-powered submarine, on Jan. 21, 1954, as 20,000 people cheered her on. Just about a year later it left the pier, radioing back
Olick
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg on Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:34 am

Olick wrote:
Kellogg wrote:I trust this is all in fun...? :-?

Ummm... It was to me.

It was the middle of the night and I had trouble censoring my thoughts when speaking(or writing).

That's okay. Now that we know it's all in fun. I was just a little concerned that Eduardo (new here) wasn't getting a friendly welcome. :)

Olick wrote: True. But weight is technically the amount of force exerted by an object as a result of gravity. I was using Newtons in those terms.

This is very true, but in casual conversation, I've seen an awful lot of folks, even physicists who should know better (Me included), get mixed up when talking about mass vs. weight. But, when on the trail of puns, propriety nose no bounds. :wink:

Scott
Scott Kellogg
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby Mako on Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:03 am

Not to veer back on topic by accident or anything, but...

21CF is currently #2, 4 votes behind Nip and Tuck (which I love) and 1 vote ahead of Faux Paus (which I also love).

Note the top 3 strips all star Foxes :)

CYa!
Mako

Hmm, a good strip title/concept there:
Allstar Foxes - Chronicalling the adventures of an all vulpine baseball team's star player's star crossed romance with a vixen film star... Could be fun! I don't think anyone is doing a sports + Hollywood strip.

Lot's of opportunity to mine Monroe+DiMaggio and American pop culture &ct...
Last edited by Mako on Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mako
Regular Poster

Postby Kellogg on Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:10 am

Mako wrote:Note the top 3 strips all star Foxes :)

Hee Hee! :D

Scott
Scott Kellogg
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Next

Return to 21st Century Fox