Monkey Love shaves the day!

Postby Allan_ecker on Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:34 am

Very funny today, MA. I think the only thing that differentiates Monkey Love from Volair is Love's self-centered-ness. Volair's too extraverted to be self-centered. (I'm not saying extraverted people can't be self-centered, I'm just saying that Volair is SO extraverted he forgets there IS a him sometimes.)

Volair might do some of the callous and un-nice things ML does, but once he realized they were callous and un-nice, he'd spend hours beating himself up over it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: allan_ecker on 2002-03-01 07:36 ]</font>
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Monkey Angst on Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:23 pm

On 2002-03-01 07:34, allan_ecker wrote:

Volair might do some of the callous and un-nice things ML does, but once he realized they were callous and un-nice, he'd spend hours beating himself up over it.

Monkey Love is pretty much an id with some hair gel. I'm sure he's got a conscience, but at this point he's not really into listening to it. Volair does seem a great deal more thoughtful. Right now Monkey Angst seems to have the monopoly on thoughtfulness in my strip. Monkey Love is just lacivious, and god knows what the other guy's deal is. And the sheep, well, he just wants smack. :smile:
Brad Hawkins
We all live under Monkey Law.
Monkey Angst
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:22 pm

Funny you should mention id. The UH holy triad can be modled quite well with Volair, Saundra, and Jake as my Id, Ego, and Super Ego, respectively.

Make what guesses you will as to what it means that my ego is represented by a woman.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Monkey Angst on Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:49 am

On 2002-03-03 23:22, allan_ecker wrote:
Funny you should mention id. The UH holy triad can be modled quite well with Volair, Saundra, and Jake as my Id, Ego, and Super Ego, respectively.

I think you'll probably find that a lot. Looking over the way I relate to my own characters, it could reasonably apply to me as well, with Monkey Love being my id, Monkey Angst being my ego, and the Devo Monkey being my superego. There are, in my case, a lot of inconsistencies that really prevent that from reaching fruition, however. Monkey Love has a lot of urges I don't have, and I have never achieved the zen state that the Devo Monkey lives in. Monkey Angst is the only character that is an accurate reflection of myself.
Brad Hawkins
We all live under Monkey Law.
Monkey Angst
Regular Poster

Return to Monkey Law