LESBIAN CHURCH SEX

LESBIAN CHURCH SEX

Postby The Rookie on Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:07 am

Krow this better lead up to what I think it's leading up to ^^
The Rookie
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:18 pm

The original script did call for lesbian nun sex, actually. But I cut it out in order to speed up the story. I need to pick up the pace, compare how much has happened in the past 8 strips to the first 8 strips :-?
Egad, no bondage?

http://www.marilith.com
Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Lihan on Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:43 am

I need to pick up the pace, compare how much has happened in the past 8 strips to the first 8 strips

Sorry, but your marketing strategy is fucked. WTF is up with giving logical, understandable explanations, the total lack of media-ready pre-chewed buzzwords and horrid absence of DUF / Blameshifting tactics? "It's not a bug, it's a feature" - we all know this BRILLIANT one-liner - can easily be adapted to this situation.

Examples:

"I'm slowing down the pace of the strip, because...
  • people can appreciate my subtlety easier
  • the dramatical FOCUS on IMPORTANT events becomes more obvious
  • all ZANY avantgarde pop art+2 MTV music video directors do it the same way: Slow down the pace of the action to emphasize climatic / intellectual / innovative particles of the story. They use ReTimer, you use slower pace.
  • you need to upgrade to a higher / pro version of Krakow to make the strip run faster. Check with your local Krakow store to obtain more info!
  • otherwise the terrorists have already won!
  • it makes our product faster and 92% more secure than any comparable competing product
  • otherwise hackers (omg !@
Lihan

Postby Rann on Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:58 pm

*takes the dumb motherfucker with the stupid name who brought politics into what had been a perfectly civil and happy forum and shoots them in the head... a lot.*
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:36 pm

Our focuse group research shows that the male 20-25 demographic responds positively to....

Rann: If you think that was political, wait until you see Friday's Krakow...

-Krazy Krow, Lord and Keeper of the Three Dots
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:14 pm

Krazy Krow wrote:Rann: If you think that was political, wait until you see Friday's Krakow...

Aw, no, please no, please don't get political with Krakow, I beg by all that's in existence, keep politics out of one of the few remaining webcomics that has not yet gotten such...
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Centurion on Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:19 am

Well...it all depends on how Krow executes it. A simple jab at politics in general could be good...but I'm a political junkie who revels in the stuff and even I'M going to snap is this is another "BUSH IS TEH SUXXORZ/ROXXORZ" kind of deal
Centurion
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:22 am

Who's the cat who delivers 6 times out of 10?
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Centurion on Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:02 pm

Er, the weather reporter?
Centurion
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:31 pm

Shaft?
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Centurion on Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:50 am

Hooray! Krow pulled it off without being asinine or obnoxious. The expression in the last panel as he looks at the audience is priceless.
Centurion
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:03 am

Indeed. Not so much a political cartoon as a cartoon mocking political cartoons. I agree about Ted Rall, by the way, Krow... I have a "Tom the Dancing Bug" collection from back when he was doing comedy, not politics, and used to read it online... but about the time campaigning started for the 2000 election, Rall's rule became "if it's not anti-Bush or anti-Republican, it doesn't go in my comic", and suckiness ensued. He used to be fairly funny, too, with stuff like "Lawyer for Kids"... just goes to show how a fixation on politics can ruin an otherwise worthwhile human being.
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Centurion on Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:31 am

Rann wrote:just goes to show how a fixation on politics can ruin an otherwise worthwhile human being.

Story of my life...ah, political science majors, combining the irrelevance of a liberal arts degree combined with the dour seriousness of the hard sciences. Ah, with any luck I leverage it into a job with Ashcroft's stormtrooper brigade (U.S. Border Patrol is now paying $42,000 USD after only TWO years of work.) Good may have it's moral virtues and whatnot, but Evil has a better dental plan.

And speaking of tom rall...

Holy SHIT...I may not agree with many of Bush's policies, but this is lunacy...
Centurion
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:44 am

Centurion wrote:Holy SHIT...I may not agree with many of Bush's policies, but this is lunacy...

Geez... there's not even a joke in there... there's no wit to it, no subtlety... this is something a Usenet-loser would come up with.
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:53 am

Rann wrote:Indeed. Not so much a political cartoon as a cartoon mocking political cartoons. I agree about Ted Rall, by the way, Krow... I have a "Tom the Dancing Bug" collection from back when he was doing comedy, not politics, and used to read it online... but about the time campaigning started for the 2000 election, Rall's rule became "if it's not anti-Bush or anti-Republican, it doesn't go in my comic", and suckiness ensued. He used to be fairly funny, too, with stuff like "Lawyer for Kids"... just goes to show how a fixation on politics can ruin an otherwise worthwhile human being.

:o :o :o
Holy shit, Ted Rall was funny?? Now that I find shocking. His comic now isn't just rabid Bush-bashing... it's Bush-bashing done with no thought whatsoever. The whole military dictator with hitler moustache motif is so.... yeesh. And you think a guy who devotes his career to drawing Bush could try to draw something that actually looks like Bush.

It was a minor story in the news a while back, Rall drew a strip about the cash from charities and insurance that the families of the victims of the WTC attack received. I do think it's unfair that they received so much more than say, families of the victims of the Oklaholma bombing, but Rall's treatment of it was unforgivable. The papers refused to print this strip, and Rall went into a huge rant about the 1st amendment. Ironically enough, he's suing a guy who posted a joke about him on the internet:
http://www.dannyhellman.com/pages/lawsuitoverview.html

Centurion: Try to get a job guarding the US/Canadian border! The worst thing you'll have to deal with is lumberjacks smuggling maple syrup in their asses!
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Centurion on Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:09 am

Krow

Centurion: Try to get a job guarding the US/Canadian border! The worst thing you'll have to deal with is lumberjacks smuggling maple syrup in their asses!

Nah...I've lived almost my entire life on the US/Mexico border. I was mentioning Border Patrol specifically because my dad was in it for a little more than two decades. After growing up seeing basically everyway a Mexican can lie, cheat, and otherwise attempt to deceive you, (and being one myself) I think I'll stick with what I know. Other jobs that currently pay well are the Air Marshalls...but can you imagine riding a plane everyday of the work week?! I can barely stand a few plane trips a year, nevermind doing it all the fricken time for years on end.

Plus, I hate tall trees and cold.(Cold as defined as any weather where you need to walk outside wearing more than a wifebeater and gym shorts.) It's currently 70ishF 23C outside right now...ah, winter in South Texas)
Centurion
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:42 pm

Krazy Krow wrote: :o :o :o
Holy shit, Ted Rall was funny?? Now that I find shocking.

Funny... not hilarious. The collection was cheap, bought secondhand, and probably worth about that... good for a light chuckle, but no real laughs. I don't think he has much talent, period.
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:15 pm

Okay, guys, check this out... I emailed Ted Rall and basically told him every bad thing I've said about him here. Surprisingly enough, he answered, and even more surprisingly, the only part that he was really interested in was asking when, exactly, I'd seen his non-political work since he'd been doing that for so long. o.O
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:16 pm

I certainly wouldn't expect an apology from him :) Especially when his new book is a bestseller on Amazon.
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:17 pm

It's not an apology, but he didn't flame me, either. I didn't expect any response at all... the fact that his response was simple and nonconfrontational or even defensive was surprising, especially considering that he sued someone for almost the same thing.
Hunh. Just got another response from him, he says "Tom the Dancing Bug" is by a different guy and claims their art styles are completely dissimilar. (Not from what I've seen.) This guy really IS a usenet-loser... he's aliasing!
Rann
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Krakow