21, baby

Postby Krazy Krow on Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:54 pm

I'm going to celebrate by eating whale, or at least something endangered. w00
Egad, no bondage?

http://www.marilith.com
Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Happy-pillz-pop-star on Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:27 pm

congrats. have fun and don't do anything i wouldn't do. (gives ya plenty of breathing space.)
Don't you think that's totally spam? It's lubricated! well, i'm phasing.
Happy-pillz-pop-star
Regular Poster

Postby Rhythm on Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:03 am

I'm comforted by the fact that at least in Japan there must be a drinking recepticle along the lines of a yard glass or stein...

you know; something you can swim in when too far gone.

May your night be jolly and your hangover mild.

But I doubt it (the hangover bit)

-J
THE UN? HA! I SPIT ON THE UN!
-Pokey the Penguin
Rhythm

Postby Magicide on Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:16 pm

21 eh? That's me in 2 months.

You've been drinking (legally) for three years, make sure you show them what a little practice can do. If I remember, the drinking age in Japan is 20 so I'm sure you've had a few nights you can't remember by now. :)

Enjoy!
Magicide
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:32 pm

Hehe, aw man, I'm a total lightweight. One pint of Guiness requires me to be careful when I walk. I only had one bottle of sake last night, and I was reeling. I'm glad the crab resturaunt I went to had a hole in the floor to put my legs, if I had to kneel I might have fallen over.

It was cold sake, that seems to be more popular now. I personally like it better than warm now that I've had some of the better brands. They also gave me a little glass of plum brandy (ume?) with the meal, maybe that was super alcoholic or something.

Pretty cool resturaunt, they have a 10 foot robotic crab sign outside. I think I have a photo of it somewhere, I'll see when I get home.
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Magicide on Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:16 pm

I haven't tried sake since I was 16... I remember it tasting alot like vodka. After my 18th birthday I can't drink vodka anymore. I got wasted on cheap stuff from a plastic bottle that smelled like rubbing alcohol.

I thought only cheap sake was served warm as it brings out the alcohol and not the taste.

As long as it's good quality drinks and not mixes (beer before liquor and all that) I can down a very large amount. I'm 6'4" and lucky enough to have an unusually high tolerance for alcohol.. Expensive to get drunk yes, but it's alot more fun going to the bar if you remember what you did.
Magicide
Regular Poster

Happy Birthday!

Postby DaveSimmons on Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:21 pm

I don't hang out in the forum, but I've been enjoying both comics since Poe linked to them many moons ago.

Enjoy the birthday and the break, and thanks for not going Piro on us and abasing yourself for taking time off :wink:
DaveSimmons

Postby Krazy Krow on Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:24 pm

I've heard the warm sake was to get you drunk quicker. Rates of reaction and all that.

DaveSimmons: Naa, I'm not going to go overboard that way. I think I've found a good balance between my webcomic hobby and the rest of my life, there's no reason to apologize for that.

I'm going to use the time off to draw fan art, I'm way overdue on giving Poe something.
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Magicide on Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:34 pm

I think I've found a good way to celebrate your birthday.

My poor Athlon 800 died on me last night. The poor bastard didn't like being overclocked to 1100 Mhz for it's entire life and decided to show it.

Thus I am going to buy a nice new P4 2.4 Ghz and OC it to 3 Ghzish.

My parents were going to help me out with a new system in January when I head back to classes, but I'll go nuts without a comp for 2 months. It's my combination TV, gaming device and space heater.

Sorry I didn't get you anything, but I'm much happier :)

Now to celebrate, LAN party!
(Gawd damn I'm a geek)
Magicide
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:00 pm

Name it Krow Jr. in my honor!

Maybe if you're lucky you'll be able to eek out double digit frame rates from Doom 3 :)
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Magicide on Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:24 pm

There does not yet exist a computer that can do that. Doom 3 is actually coming out in 2 years and the minimum requirement will be a 6 Ghz Hexium 5 with with 2 TB of RAM.

Shortly after this, Team Fortress 2 and Duke Nukem Forever will come out too. The mysterious future will be a good place to be. But this is only if our Al Queda masters allow us to use computers. I hear there is a plot afoot to blow up Alberta. CNN told me this and we all know that CNN is a reliable source of information without pointless hyperbole.
Magicide
Regular Poster

yay!

Postby HalifaxRage on Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:50 am

happy b-day buddy! as a crazy canuck i have an enormous tolerance for alcohol, but i did manage to find my limit last weekend. pub crawl night with my friends when only the 4 of us showed up... 2 shots of vodka + 2 vodka coolers + 1 pitcher + another shot... then 3 of us went home and did a pint of gin in shots... then we went to my apartment and did a quart of vodka in shots... keeping in mind that i am in university residence, and that we were all royally trashed and generally being a nuisance at 5 in the morning did not bode well with the RA...

fun fun fun... and I'm not 21 till September...
HalifaxRage
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:45 pm

I'm going to Nara to see the deer. Deer used to be called "Yama-kujira", or "mountain whale." Maybe I can eat one.

I also got served some stuff I was told is "plum brandy", it's tastes like shochu mixed with Kool-Aid. I need to find more of that.
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby The Eagle and Child on Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:50 pm

Bleh...How can anybody even stand cold sake?
The Eagle and Child
Regular Poster

Postby Happy-pillz-pop-star on Sun Nov 17, 2002 12:28 pm

i love cold sake. it's really good with fish dishes....
Don't you think that's totally spam? It's lubricated! well, i'm phasing.
Happy-pillz-pop-star
Regular Poster

Postby StarSweptTears on Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:40 am

I need to post more often. I miss you guys. Late, indeed.. but.. *hugs Krow* Happy birthday! 'n, well, I ain't got shit to give ya... but happy anyway.
If sending a file named "Excel_Saga_Hentai_Ahoy.avi" that is in actuality a renamed clip of the Duck Tales opening isn't a bannable offense, I don't know what is. - Krazy Krow
StarSweptTears
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:38 am

Aww, I feel loved :)

The forums haven't quite reached critical mass yet.
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Return to Krakow