... Yow. (7/22 comic)

... Yow. (7/22 comic)

Postby Rann on Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:33 am

And Marilith imparts her own brand of valuable life lesson. Angst, meaningful development...
... and Marilith taking little miss molestable back to the hideout to spank her for disobeying!
... What, a hentai can dream, right?
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:34 pm

That will never, ever, happen.
Egad, no bondage?

http://www.marilith.com
Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:37 pm

*sob*
Rann
Regular Poster

Um...

Postby Rann on Sat Jul 27, 2002 12:09 am

Is it just me, or is something missing on the page? o.o Like... everything?
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Wednesday on Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:45 pm

yeah, and krakow isn't in the keenspace comic list
welcome to the wilderness of mirrors
Wednesday

Postby Rann on Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:47 pm

The hell? That makes no sense...
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:08 pm

Da fuck?
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:10 pm

Krazy Krow wrote:Da fuck?

Which is pretty much what the rest of us are saying. The hell's going on here...? Is Keenspace trying to eliminate any funny comic outside of Keenspot in an attempt to heard us in our clicks?
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:48 pm

All the pages are still on the FTP, so it looks like it's just server wackiness. I posted on their help page, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Be funny, not sick.

Postby Office Druid on Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:36 pm

The molesting issue was just sick. Be funny, not sick. There is a difference. Funny is when they say "I'm sending you to Murry Povich boot camp!" as the punch line to a senario involving adding holy water to a demon's shampoo, or "I'm writing Warhammer 40k fanfiction". Sick is having a bum grope a girl, or saying "I'm gonna abort a fetus with a knitting needle".

Do it again, and I will sacrifice you with my shinny Druid kriss knife. I don't care if you're in Japan, I'll build an archaic ornithopter with stuff in the storage closet and hunt you down.
My life is a story written by H.P. Lovecraft, but without all the tentacles.
Office Druid

Postby Krazy Krow on Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:31 am

Yes, I certainly agree that molestation is sick. My goal when drawing that page was to acheive a mood of horror and repulsion. I still consider Krakow 2.0 a comedy, and the vast majority of the strips will be humourous, but once in a while I need to stretch my narrative wings. I guess deep down I would like to try a serious comic, but I don't think I have the skill for that yet.

As for the abortion joke... yeah, it's on the sick side of things, but I consider Krakow 2.0 a black comedy. I'm sure many people will take offense to the high school shooting spree earlier on, for example. Plus there are probably people who would call the strips you mentioned liking as being "sick", by virtue of their sexual nature.

I have an overall plot for Krakow 2.0 that at times will probably be just as cringe-inducing as the last strip. There's always leeway for change based on feedback, but some things are necessary to the plot.

Of course on the other hand, I have a strong dislike for comics that are offensive for offensiveness's sake. I like to think I have a good reason for doing so when I draw a strip like the last.

I can promise regular Krakow will always be relatively lighthearted. I previously wanted to move regular and 2.0 on seperate pages so people who strongly dislike one won't be forced to view it, but I changed my mind when only 5% or so of people disliked one or the other. If you do decide that you can no longer read Krakow 2.0, in the future I will make a point of taking it down on Friday even if I don't draw a regular strip that week.

In the near future, there's nothing especially sick planned for Krakow 2.0, although that always depends on your point of view. There will be more violence later on, but she *is* an assassin fer chrissakes.
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Re: Be funny, not sick.

Postby Rann on Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:36 am

Office Druid wrote:Do it again, and I will sacrifice you with my shinny Druid kriss knife. I don't care if you're in Japan, I'll build an archaic ornithopter with stuff in the storage closet and hunt you down.

Eh, screw you, pal. Anyone that looked at Krakow could see that it has dark comedy and an extremely twisted view on things. It should be obvious even to a mentally deficient individual. If you saw its odd take on things and kept reading anyway, it's your own damn fault.
Even if you don't like it, you have zero right, ZERO RIGHT, to tell Krow what is and isn't allowable in his own strip.
In summary: kiss my ass.

PS: Krow, don't let one little dipshit tell make you change the way you do things. If you're going to go by the fans' opinion, most of us think the way things are being done right now are great. Ignore the loser who doesn't make comments and say what he thinks, but demands that you change it to suit him and only him.
- Rann Aridorn
"What am I doing with the flamethrower? Uh... it's troll season and I'm under my permit limit?"
Rann
Regular Poster

Re: Be funny, not sick.

Postby DeafRei on Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:05 pm

Office Druid wrote:Only use Druid approved joke material because situations that involve offensive objects being rendered humorous through various means are beyond me. Otherwise I will kill you.
KILL YOU WITH STUPID AND NOT GAY!

Krow, please don't waste your time in the future by polietly replying to people who threaten to kill you and have possible access to antiquated flying apparatus.

ps - unless Druid's post was an deliberate at attempt humor by contradicting his point with a threat of violence, ah who cares... fuck the bastards!
Last edited by DeafRei on Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeafRei
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:07 pm

Um, DeafRei, while I appreciate you sticking up for Krow, please don't use "gay" as an insult.
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:33 pm

No need for flaming, I appreciate (almost) any fan feedback. I'm actually a bit surprised by the lack of negative feedback, I figured sticking a dead serious strip in would be a great way to kill off readership. So far, no nasty e-mails, and the number of page views hasn't changed significantly either.

That reminds me of this really old quote from me:
"If 'gay' is an insult, does that make 'heterosexual' a compliment? 'My, that jacket looks very heterosexual on you.'"
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:36 pm

And another quote, first one to source it gets a cookie:

"Of course it was horrible. Violence is a horrible thing."
Egad, no bondage?

Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby DeafRei on Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:50 pm

Benjamin Franklin!
DeafRei
Regular Poster

Postby Susano-[MacH] on Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:57 am

Benjamin Franklin also said: "I wish to have a steady diet of 13-year old girls."

Also, Druid, reality's given up on you. Fantasy is calling, and it wants you to shut the fuck up.
Susano-[MacH]
Regular Poster

Return to Krakow