Feel my pain

Feel my pain

Postby Office Druid on Fri May 24, 2002 6:17 pm

Uou think that you are in a lonely vaccum? Listen to my rant (it will by Piro-esque whiny).

Today I went to the college for the friday anime club meeting. I joined this club last Sunday, and the people there were cool. By cool, I mean weirdos like me. Shunned as I am by the normals at my youth group (I'm a high school senior), these anime fans were my kinds of people, and the cat-ear wearing girls were really cute. Today, my dreams of using shoujo-anime ("can you teach me about magic girl cartoons? I know nothing about them.") to flirt with cute girls and eat pocky while cosplaying was shattered when the leader said there weren't going to be any summer meetings, contradicting what she said last sunday.

So I went downtown. I will never look at a payphone the same way again, because I spent an hour using the damn phone card to call every name in my address book, to no avail. I went to the hobby shop, and realized that I forgot my "Call of Cthulhu" rulebook, so I couldn't try to start a game. Why the hell don't people like tabletop roleplaying games, yet play crap like Final Fantasy 10?! Video games are anti-social and put me in a lonely vaccum, while pen and paper is fun and creative! Final Fantasy just has "fight" "magic" and "item", but in pen and paper you can "throw a rock at a guy's head, knock him down and the party stomps him to death".

p.s. I had a great idea for a krakow guest strip, but my drawing sucks. I was gonna have one of the aformentioned cute girls draw the drawings for me, but that's over and done with.
My life is a story written by H.P. Lovecraft, but without all the tentacles.
Office Druid

Postby Krazy Krow on Sun May 26, 2002 9:50 am

Ahh, the college anime club. I loved mine dearly, but it seems like it was more fun in the first year. The girls with cat ears and sketch pads stopped coming, and it ended up being just a bunch of people sitting around a television.

I've never played any traditional RPGs, they seemed interesting to me, but I could never find any friends who wanted to participate. Nowadays card based RPGs seem more popular, but they're really just card games with no role-playing involved.
Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

I ought to have an online journal

Postby Office Druid on Mon May 27, 2002 6:05 pm

My life sucks so much I should make a comic about it and keep an online journal, so everyone can laugh at my predicament(sic). Of course, I've been dreaming nightly about the cute girls in cat ears. I want to flirt, damnit, but I have nothing in common with normal girls. Hell, I don't even watch television, and I have no idea what actors are popular (my favorite movie is "Ghost Dog"). In my webcomic, my character would always have some great situation comeing up, but then his hopes would be shattared. Everyone could relate and I would get lots of hits.

Yea, I was gonna make you a guest strip, this is a summary
Tom is holding out a "Call of Cthulhu" book, "Hey Case! Want to play Call of Cthulhu? You solve mysteries, an' fight monsters inspired by H.P. Lovecraft, an' your characters can go insane, an' you cast spells from the necronomicon..."
"No! RPGs are sinful! now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go have premarital sex with my demoness girlfriend!"

Meantime, Marilith, the two thugs and Kim are at a table playing Call of Cthulhu. Thug #1 says "I want to cast a spell",
"but it's my turn, I'm gonna hit the deep one with my shovel!" the second one says.
Kim says "This is so much fun I never want to go home!",
Marilith: "I'm going to give up crime and become a professional GM!"

P.S. I was totally gonna use these pickup lines:
http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/026.htm http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/027.htm http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/028.htm
Office Druid

Postby Krazy Krow on Tue May 28, 2002 8:49 am

I was once driving through Baltimore with some friends, and I saw a guy who looked just like Ghost Dog. So I yelled, "Hey look, it's Ghost Dog!"

It seemed funny at the time.

I could always use more guest strips, I'm going away this Friday and don't know when I'll be back. I actually had an RPG strip planned, but could always use more.
Egad, no bondage?

http://www.marilith.com
Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Ghost Dog tatoo

Postby Office Druid on Tue May 28, 2002 9:50 am

I saw this guy at the gym yesterday, he had the Ghost Dog symbol (the three circles) tatooed on his beefy bicep. I went up to him and asked "Is that the Ghost Dog symbol?"
"Yea, you're the first person to know that was from Ghost Dog. I love that movie!"

The way of the Samurai is steeped in death. You can get ripped apart by spears, carried away by waves, shocked by lightening...

It'll be interesting to see your RPG joke.
Office Druid

Postby Susano-[MacH] on Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:46 am

Actually, if your guest strip involves a giant penis, then I don't want to fucking see it.

And if by "guest strip" I mean "your posts"
Susano-[MacH]
Regular Poster

Postby Susano-[MacH] on Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:52 am

Also, using pen-and-paper rpgs as a role playing extension is actually MORE of a social vacuum , simply because there's no acceptance of reality. Within a video game, reality is clearly seperated from unreality by a television screen. Within Live Action Roleplay, you have people openly wishing to be someone else, hiding their own personal truths behind the most ludicrous lies ever imagined. That's not social interaction.

You're always more alone in a crowd than you are if you're by yourself... if you're by yourself, you at least have yourself to keep company, but in a crowd, there's no one there for you. Unless you have friends... which Live Action Roleplayers most certainly are NOT. Pen and paper gaming can be misconstrued as a social activity when really it only serves to detach individuals from truth, and openly admit that they embrace lies. It doesn't just make the turtle retreat into the shell, it take a plunger and forces its head in, after painting faces of its companions on the inside.
Susano-[MacH]
Regular Poster

Return to Krakow