Stupid Fucking RCE

Stupid Fucking RCE

Postby Krazy Krow on Sun Apr 21, 2002 9:53 pm

After a long day of studying for finals and drawing Krakow, I figured I'd relax with a movie. No such luck. Shiri is encoded with Regional Coding Enhancement, which screws over my region free Apex player. I spent the last two hours trying to find a work around, nothing worked on my player.

My brother has a DVD drive in his computer, anyone know of a program that can get around the RCE?
Egad, no bondage?

http://www.marilith.com
Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Trucci on Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:03 am

If your brother has a dvd player, it should play just fine unless it was hacked. RCE just checks to make sure that it is indeed a region 1 player instead of region 0 (free). Did it give you a message that made you feel like a criminal when you popped it in the apex?

Also, when I visited Korea I saw Shiri in the theater. It totally ruled and my cousin bought me the soundtrack!
Trucci

Postby Rann on Fri May 24, 2002 12:12 am

That's what Krow said is the problem though, that the player is region-free, and thus the DVD wouldn't take it.
Feh. Region-encoding is just this stupid thing they do because they stagger the release of everything going over to Europe, so that people can't buy a whole bunch of something like Thirteen Ghosts on DVD and sell them in England where it's still out in theaters.
(Thirteen Ghosts just being an example, as I saw "new release in theaters" posters for it when I was in London and Paris, and it's out on DVD over here. From what I've seen of it and heard about it, why anyone would go to the trouble for that movie is beyond me.)
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Krazy Krow on Fri May 24, 2002 12:22 pm

It won't do them any good really, since people will just buy two DVD players, one region 1 and one local region player.

I managed to get Shiri on divx and I must say it was one kick-ass flick. Seeing it right after Star Wars episode 2 really drove home how horrible Lucas's dialogue is.
Krazy Krow
Regular Poster

Postby Rann on Fri May 24, 2002 12:26 pm

*points and laughs at Lucas for failing to beat Spider-Man* ^o^
*also points and laughs at him because his little trick with releasing it Thursday caused people to compare him to movie sales on their Friday release through the next monday, and he lost out to Spider-Man AND Harry Potter!*
Rann
Regular Poster

Postby Wednesday on Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:07 pm

krow, you said you found a divx copy of Shiri.
any idea of where i could find it?
welcome to the wilderness of mirrors
Wednesday

Postby Wednesday on Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:09 pm

krow, you said you found a divx copy of Shiri.
any idea of where i could find it?
welcome to the wilderness of mirrors
Wednesday

Return to Krakow