A ghost story!

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5731 on Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:45 pm

E2: Have and account there and wrote some nodes. Some was sent to node heaven and the others scored just as much + as -.

Except one very long and serious post about "Henri Mintzberg" If you don't know who that is you don't need to know. That node got some +++ and not one - but it also just vanished from the world. Not deleted just gone. Very annoying and a little SPOOKY!

Scary stories anyone?
ZOMBIE USER 5731
Regular Poster

Postby Metal-Angel on Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:18 am

E2 takes some getting used to, they're all geeks (and readily admit it) but are also very CLIQUEY geeks, and ANYTHING which doesn't fit with their very strict rules is instantly gone. This can be annoying when you write something serious and it's gone, or if you add something amusing and it's gone despite something far less amusing having three !Cool ratings.

In any event, you soon learn that you can only post the best of the best on there (which is understandable, given they want it to be definitive) and then you start to enjoy it. I was told by one of the editors to get a mentor, but I've ignored this advice since I've finally figured out what they want and I now have 9 write-ups, one !Cool and I'm quite pleased with myself. Although I'd like to know why my duvet cover tips are getting voted DOWN.
<A HREF="http://spacewagon.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Space Wagon- the comic</A><P>Now, you have driven all the highway! ^_^
Metal-Angel
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5731 on Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:20 pm

Considering all the ruleviolating crap on E2 I don't agree with you.

But they seem to delete the stuff I get +'s on and keep the -

Extropian principles dissapeared too.
ZOMBIE USER 5731
Regular Poster

Postby Metal-Angel on Sat Apr 20, 2002 2:33 am

That is exactly the thing that gets me... you see loads of crap which is just pointless and not really amusing/informative and it's been there for ages. Submit something useful or interesting, though, and some fucker somewhere decides to vote it down.
<A HREF="http://spacewagon.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Space Wagon- the comic</A><P>Now, you have driven all the highway! ^_^
Metal-Angel
Regular Poster

Return to Space Wagon