sick me

Postby Metal-Angel on Tue Mar 19, 2002 5:28 am

yes, unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be in good health again... having just come off of no less than three mouth ulcers at once, I now appear to be getting a cold.

I awoke this morning and barely managed to get into uni to do my group presentation, and now I'm stuck at home NOT wanting to do my essay (which is due friday)... so BLEH.

I am going to the doctor tomorrow morning, as the paranoid part of my brain has somehow convinced the rest of it that my various relatively minor afflictions are symptoms of something far more unpleasant.
<A HREF="http://spacewagon.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Space Wagon- the comic</A><P>Now, you have driven all the highway! ^_^
Metal-Angel
Regular Poster

Postby Centurion on Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:59 am

Does this mean the comics going to be late?
Centurion
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5731 on Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:34 pm

You got group presentation and esseys too?
Damed! I thought Britan was utopia.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cyb on 2002-03-19 12:37 ]</font>
ZOMBIE USER 5731
Regular Poster

Postby Metal-Angel on Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:31 am

The doctor thinks I've got glandular fever, aka mono (aka the kissing disease!). Which is better than what I thought I might possibly maybe have had (without getting too technical, mono shares more than a few symptoms with STD's).

Basically what this means is I have to take it VERY easy for the next 2-4 weeks, avoid any intimate contact :cry: otherwise my spleen will rupture or something (really!) When I was having my blood test taken I asked the nurse what I should tell my gf... she said she's probably got it too, either I got it from her, or vice versa... but either way, I'm not a happy bunny.
<A HREF="http://spacewagon.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Space Wagon- the comic</A><P>Now, you have driven all the highway! ^_^
Metal-Angel
Regular Poster

Postby Y|yukichigai on Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:33 pm

Dude, how old are you? 'cause I'm pretty sure any age under about 27 is too damn young to be getting ulcers. And mono? Tsk tsk. You've been licking men's gym benches again, haven't you Metal-Angel? (<i>Actually, my little brother caught it when he was 6 doing that</i>) Whatever the case dude, take it easy. And use drugs. Lots of drugs. Drugs make everything better. (<i>Although for legal purposes I suggest you stick to the ones the doc gave you</i>) Or something. Meh.

I say "meh" a lot,
Y|yukichigai
Y|yukichigai
Regular Poster

Postby Metal-Angel on Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:47 pm

I'm 22. And no I'm not too young to get MOUTH ulcers (MOUTH, not stomach having-to-drink-out-of-medication-bottles-constantly ulcers)!!!

My father is coming to get me this weekend (because I couldn't survive the 3 hour train ride home) and take me home for a week or two's recuperation. Thing is, the first stage (which is what I'm in, the acute stage) is the most painful (you should see my neck! it's swollen like when a cartoon character tries to eat a whole watermelon!)

In good news, my gf feels fine but this means we won't be able to see each other for a week or two... missing her already! In bad news, there aren't any real drugs they can give you to treat this! Arrrrrrgh!
Metal-Angel
Regular Poster

Postby Y|yukichigai on Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:05 pm

Valium cures all. That and Codeine. Demerol too. Well, not so much "cures" as "makes you forget you had a neck", especially if you take all three at once. Hey, doesn't the asprin in the UK have Codeine in it? Just take a few of those and everything's all good.

Makes you feel goooooooood,
Y|yukichigai
Y|yukichigai
Regular Poster

Postby Metal-Angel on Thu Mar 21, 2002 12:13 am

I doubt my mother will let me dope myself up like that... she's not really into that sorta thing.

I do remember when I had my wisdom teeth out, and I got loads of that ultra-potent tylenol-3 or whatever it's called... I saved it for a special occassion (although this was four years ago and I doubt taking them would be safe now even if I could find 'em).

It was quite entertaining last night, I lay in bed listening to the director commentary on my Ravenous DVD and noticed that, because swallowing is incredibly painful, I had a ludicrous amount of saliva and I had to keep spitting. I hate my life.
Metal-Angel
Regular Poster

Postby RantinAn on Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:07 pm

Ah fuck. Mono. you poor shit :smile:

thats bad kama.. lie in bead and dont do NUTHING.. including drawing if you dont feel up to it.

Trust me on this

no drugs, except vast quantities of pot, will make you feel better.

rantin
RantinAn
Cartoon Hero

Postby Metal-Angel on Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:42 am

Yeah no shit, I have the most wonderful hallucinations at night too...

still I do somehow find the time to play Medal of Honor on my mom's Playstation, and post on here. I'm supposed to go to the doctor this afternoon as they might be able to do something about this (something involving steroids to reduced the swelling!)
Metal-Angel
Regular Poster

Postby Metal-Angel on Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:48 pm

My mother's doctor instantly said 'oh, it's tonsilitis' and prescribed me lots and lots of nice drugs :smile:

I then took a long hot bath, and settled down with a big bowl of chicken noodle soup and watched MASH and Seinfeld. I feel (or rather, felt) a lot better. Heck, if it's tonsilitis that can be treated and pretty fast too!
Metal-Angel
Regular Poster

Postby Metal-Angel on Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:18 pm

What a fucker. I feel 90% back to normal now and am going STIR CRAZY stuck in my parents' BORING HOUSE in their stupid little BORING TOWN doing FUCK ALL.

Then today I call the doctor to get my blood test results and he CONFIRMS mono (the test can sometimes come up negative despite you having it anyway, but no, it has to fuck my shit up) Now my parents are reluctant to let me go home until AFTER Easter, I'm BORED AS HELL (I played through HALF, yes half, of MGS2 in one sitting I'm so fed up), my gf wants me to come back NOW for various reasons, and I'm in a RIGHT BAD MOOD. Will it REALLY make a difference if I get ill again cooped up here with mom and dad as opposed to snuggled up in bed with my woman?

GRRRRRRR. Just as well I don't have Tribes 2 on this computer because I'd be hurling abuse like heck at everyone right now. I can't even draw comics cos I don't have my scanner!!
Metal-Angel
Regular Poster

Postby Y|yukichigai on Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:22 pm

Whoa whoa whoa, you play T2? You communist bastard, go playing Tribes and don't tell me. Yeah, I'm a big Tribes nut, although not so much T2 since they royally fucked it in the ass for mods. If you wanna hop on Tribes 1 sometime I play Shifter, and I've even got my own version out. My handle is =AWA=Yukichigai. Check me out sometime skillet.

Peace, nizzo,
Y|yukichigai
Y|yukichigai
Regular Poster

Postby Metal-Angel on Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:48 pm

Yes, I love Tribes 2... especially since it's one of the few online games that doesn't depend entirely on ping (ie: you can survive quite happily with over 150ms). My handle is [YAC]Metal-Angel, and my specialties are heavy turbograv piloting (pulling loops in the bomber AND the transport!)and, on vehicleless maps, repairing (although I do like a bit of espionage and satchel planting).

I play only on Gamesurf.de and Barrysworld servers, they've got the best pings for me. Damn you, I should be doing essays but I have to go play it now :smile:
Metal-Angel
Regular Poster

Return to Space Wagon