The Potential Review Pool

The Potential Review Pool

Postby Tangent on Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:44 pm

Thought I'd create this so people could post in the forum if they want a review, so the URL will remain around for me to read. Problem with the Tagboard is the URLs vanish after a bit of other peoples posts. ;)

I do not promise to review a comic. If it doesn't interest me or it doesn't have many posts, then I will let it sit, and wait to see if maybe later I'll review the strip.

And remember... I do tend to prefer comics with storylines... so if yours is a gag-a-day strip or the like, I will probably not do a review. Sorry. :( Just the way I am.

Take care!
Robert A. Howard

Tangents

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Regular Poster

Postby Ryuko on Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:05 pm

I won't beg for a review, but I'd appreciate it if you took a look at my comic. :) If there's anything that pops out at you, feel free. If there's not, I won't mind.

http://greenavenger.keenspace.com

I enjoy your site, and I hope you have fun with it.
Ryuko
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dutch! on Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:58 pm

Might as well put the name up there on the list. Get it done when you have the time or inclination, it's not gonna stop me updating, eh? :)

I'll tell you now though, it's gag a day (I still disklike that term) but it follows a story at the same time. Maybe that'll be enough for you to look past the constant humour ;)

As I said, whenever you get to it...

Cheers.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Dutch!
Red galah

Postby Tangent on Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:36 pm

Actually, Dutch, it is. (Not that I've read your comic yet...) I mean, Ozy and Millie is more of a gag-a-day strip, but it has a slowly growing storyline that's been doing that for years now. It's one of my favorites.

If you've got story, then it helps. Of course, O&M also got me because I like Millie's mom. She's a real fox. ;)
Robert A. Howard

Tangents

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Regular Poster

Postby Dutch! on Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:46 pm

Tangent wrote:If you've got story, then it helps. Of course, O&M also got me because I like Millie's mom. She's a real fox. ;)

I teach a kid by that name...hence that sentence just makes me squirm... :o
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Dutch!
Red galah

Postby Tangent on Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:21 am

Dutch! wrote:
Tangent wrote:If you've got story, then it helps. Of course, O&M also got me because I like Millie's mom. She's a real fox. ;)

I teach a kid by that name...hence that sentence just makes me squirm... :o

What? It's not right to be attracted to mothers? *wry chuckle*

And no, I'd never be attracted to a child that way. When I see kids I go "aww, how cute!" and then scream as they tear my limbs off for lunch. *shiftyeyes* I've been a substitute teacher before. I know the horrors of early elementary education. :D

Besides, click the link: http://www.ozyandmillie.org/2005/om20050111.html

Puns. Never explain. Never apologize. *walks away*
Robert A. Howard

Tangents

Tangent
Regular Poster

Postby Retography on Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:06 am

HELLO.

If you would like to review my comic, that would be sweet. I don't visit these forum-y parts often, but I totally update my comic way too much (when I'm not smothered in coursework like I am right now) and when I saw the review site I was INTRIGUED by the thought of getting AaaSoC up on it.

So yeah. Pop by http://retography.keenspace.com if you'd LIKE. That would be nifty.
Retography

Yet Another SF webcomic.

Postby GrantCMcCormick on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:57 pm

Robert, I might
GrantCMcCormick

It's not a webcomic, but, somehow, appropriate...

Postby GrantCMcCormick on Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:47 pm

This link was in today's Good Morning Silicon Valley.

Somehow, you seemed to be the person I needed to mention this to.

Thanks!

Grant
GrantCMcCormick

Postby SteveC86 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:31 pm

Howard, I have three comics for your consideration. The top two are mine, the third is my buddy's. Enjoy!

Turn Signals on a Land Raider - Steve
htp://tsoalr.com
It's a 'niche' gaming cartoon about the tabletop wargame 'Warhammer 40,000' and the plastic models that play it. This has gag/day and story arcs in it. You decide.

Every Nine Minutes - Steve
http://everynineminutes.com
A comic about webcomics creators and all of the stupid stuff they do INSTEAD of making their webcomics. Plus the excuses they use when they don't. More gag/day than not.

Toyzville - Larry
http://toyzville.com
About the place where discarded and abandoned toys live. This one is the story comic, but Larry tries for a gag per day INSIDE his story. It's unbelievable! HAHA

Hope you like them!
SteveC86

Postby M_Northstar on Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:43 am

I posted this to the Tagboard a while ago, but I don't know if you saw it.
As story comics go, you can't get more story...-ee, er, -ish, than 9th Elsewhere. It's a truly well done manga style comic, that seems to be in every webcomic's link section. Please review it.

Another request is one of my more recent acquisitions, Sokora Refugees. It's a story about a girl who gets pulled into a strange magical world under siege by demons, and ends up bringing back the intended saviour as a kind of magical stow-away. The book is already published in dead-tree format, and is now being re-released on-line one page at a time for free. Kinda like Girl Genius in that regard.

... Dude, you haven't tangented A Miracle of Science? Dude :o :o :o I don't know how that could have happened, 'cause to say MoS would be right up your alley would be like saying the president of USA lives somewhere around 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Speaking of Acid Reflux (you did. During the tangent of Kirabug's site in April.), have you seen this and this?

And I don't remember having seen Antihero for Hire tangented...

...Or Angel Moxie, though frankly I liked the early comics better.

Falcon Twin might be worth a look, along with Farlight Saga and Indavo. And don't forget NSTA: Semper Vigilantis, and...

AAAAARRRRGH!!!! I read too many webcomics (my Comic Nation lineup consists of 135 comics, and rising, I've got the second largest list on their system).

OK, quickly, some of my favourites that I haven't seen here (all story comics, which doesn't cut down on my list much, as I share your preference on this point):

File 49 -- (Three kids with special powers find out they are the results of a genetic experiment that was abandoned 16 years ago. But now the government's special clean-up agency has reopened File 49)

Gunnerkrigg Court -- (Must see for yourself. Briefly, a little orphan girl is a student in a prestigous boarding school in a land full of shadows and magic)

Tales of the Questor -- (In a world shared with humans by humanoid raccoons, one raccoon-boy sets out to re-kindle the legends of yore by becoming The Questor)

High School Changed Me -- (Locke may be the 100 year old ghost of a 15 year old human boy, but that only serves to make him unremarkable when he is accidentally teleported to the strangest high school in the galaxy. A must for any fan of El Goonish Shive)

Kagerou: an Electric Manga -- (Whoa! One of the most well made stories on or off the web. Kano can't help but be very sarcastic when he is pulled into a magical world to be its champion. But all is not as it seems, and as we get glimpses of Kano's life on Earth, along with a disenchanted look at the public health system, we start to wonder if Grayworld is anything more than a complicated escape mechanism of Kanos.)

Wereworld -- (The alien warlords called Enigma kidnapped Steve, forced him to fight in their wars, took off his arm and eye to replace with cybernetic systems, and generally made his life a living hell. But Steve got the upper hand in the end, and with the help of MODOC, the artificial persona that used to run Enigma's strategies, killed their ruling council. Now Steve and MODOC hope to find a cure for Steve's terminal condition among the were-people of an obscure little planet, known to harbor a mysterious force called magic)
M_Northstar

Postby Penthesilea on Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:56 am

::blink:: You know, I've been reading Tangents for a while (I particularly like that the author isn't pretentious when reviewing ^^), and I've never thought our comic was good enough to submit for review. It's a traditional gaming comic with hand-drawn sprites and a recent start to a storyline. However, my sister, who does the art, needs some kudos to get through a terrible artist's block. :p
So .. I know I could phrase this better, but I beseech thee, from the bottom of my heart, to give your honest opinion of <a href=http://herodoll.keenspace.com>Prime Evil</a>, for my sister's sake (and mine too really, hehe, it'd be cool to get your opinion ::winks:: ) Thank you much if you choose to click on the link. ^^;
<a href="http://herodoll.keenspace.com" target-="blank">Prime Evil, Inc.</a>
Penthesilea

Postby JoshWW on Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:54 pm

You can give Wake Walking a whirl.
JoshWW

Postby Penthesilea on Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:04 am

Thank you so much for posting on our tagboard! Ha, I'm a geek, but it gives me a thrill to get just one more reader (and someone involved in webcomics to boot! A lot of our readers are people we know in real life, which is awesome in its own right). :)
<a href="http://herodoll.keenspace.com" target-="blank">Prime Evil, Inc.</a>
Penthesilea

Postby Reinder on Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:30 pm

Any chance you might want to write about The Double some time? Not that the Vast and Evil Reinder Dijkhuis Publishing Empire hasn't been absolutely spoiled already...
Reinder
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tangent on Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:17 pm

Looks good so far. Once it has some more strips under its belt I'll be sure to comment on it. But I'm reluctant to talk about comics with fewer than 20 strips drawn, as I don't have much of an idea of what's going on.

Currently the move over to Panel2Panel is going well. Maybe in just a few days the new site will be up and running. :)
Robert A. Howard

Tangents

Tangent
Regular Poster

Postby Reinder on Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:10 pm

Ooh. Panel2panel. That's swanky company.

"The Double" will run for exactly 48 pages and then be followed by something else. Webcomicsnation is set up more for multiple, limited series than for endlesslly running comics, so that makes it an ideal home for the Chronicles of the Witch Queen.
I know the end date for "The Double" and the start and end dates for the story that comes next, and the one after that. Bliss!
Reinder
Cartoon Hero

Return to Tangents