Conspiracy theories...

Conspiracy theories...

Postby Paulpate on Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:55 am

What are your favorite conspiracy theories?

Here's one for you:
What's up with this missile defense system? There is no way it is what it is being made out to be.

A couple of days ago marked the end of the US involvement in the arms control treaty that would make the missile defense system possible to implement. Immediately following, six new sylos went online in Alaska and they are the initial steps in the IMPLEMENTATION of the defense system that would defend us from a nuclear missile attack.

A nuclear missile attack? The arms control treaty we pulled out of was with Russia! They are practically our allies now. Who is going to shoot a missile at us? I haven't read any stories about people attending nuclear missile schools in Arizona. I did read a story a week or so ago about some investigations in Florida dive shops related to people planning attacks on US harbors. Of course, once the missile defense system is in place, the attacks on US harbors by divers will not be an ISSUE!!!

So, it can't be only obvious to dumb old me that all this STAR WARS crap is way off base. What are "they" really doing with these satellites?

Paul
Paulpate
Regular Poster

Accounting...

Postby Paulpate on Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:57 am

Accounting!

That's it. That is my entire explanation of the conspiracy. One word. Accounting.

Today we heard about how Worldcom scammed 4 billion dollars. Appearantly, they reported their day to day expenses as investment for the future. Since they can spread the cost of the "investment for the future" out over the next several years, it looks like they had a profit of 1.4 billion dollars this past year when, in fact, they actually had a loss.

You know, I'll admit, I've made a few personal long distance calls from work. I even waste some time posting on this forum. But 4 billion dollars!!! Can you imagine? I guess there is some guy named Sullivan who was the Chief Financial Officer and he was held responsible for this fiasco and fired. Geez. 4 billion dollars.
Paulpate
Regular Poster

Big business...

Postby Paulpate on Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:09 am

I've been reading this book called Double Cross. It is about Mooney Giancanna, the big mob boss in the 50s who controlled America. The book tells about all kinds of stuff like how the mob turned the election so Truman beat Dewey and even says Giancanna ordered the assasination of JFK.

I can't help but wonder how much of this crap is going on in politics today. Maybe it isn't the mob. Is it these corporations? The accounting industry spent $39 million last election on campaign contributions. You know business wouldn't invest that kind of money without some tangible return. It certainly isn't out of patriotic duty! No!

So they give Mr. Candidate so many million dollars. I would love to hear the conversation that directs Mr. Candidate on how to vote or what legislation he should offer. Here's one from the book, "Go down South and get four bundles from the fat boy. Take one small to the guy out West, one small to our man in Vegas, and bring two large to me."

Friggin' politicians!!!

... :-?
Paulpate
Regular Poster

All the President's Men...

Postby Paulpate on Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:05 am

I watched this movie last night.

Pretty sweet! It really shows what it is like to be a reporter. It is about Watergate in case you didn't know and stars Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman as Woodward and Bernstein.

The thing I thought about while watching this movie was, if all these people are doing all these crazy things in the name of the President or the Republican party or whatever, I don't see why it is any different today. Maybe they aren't breaking into places and they certainly aren't getting busted. Who's to say it is THAT corrupt? But, I'm sure there's all kinds of people doing pretty unethical, if not illegal, stuff in the name of their political candidate, party, cause or whatever. Maybe I'll be a reporter and expose the conspirators!

The movie also illustrated very well what a coincidence it was that these reporters happened to get onto this story. I'd recommend it to anyone!
Paulpate
Regular Poster

Return to Turkey Creek University