Dec 25 card

Dec 25 card

Postby Tom Mazanec on Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:45 am

I know I may look stupid asking this, but just exactly what is a "collie flurf"?
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby StrangeWulf13 on Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:11 pm

*shrugs* Probably just their nickname or whatever for their friend. I mean, she's hugging a collie, right? :roll: Seems obvious to me.
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wanderwolf on Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:54 pm

Flurf is equivalent to fluffle: It's a furry-style hug. Thus, flurfing a collie is a collie flurf.
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Deckard Canine on Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:27 am

I was thinking of Lisa Dodson in the bygone "The Class Menagerie," who knew "floof" as a transitive and intransitive verb.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Doink on Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:33 am

Interesting... Apparently the goat has a snake tail.
Both a heart and a brain are necessary for survival. Without one, the other will quickly perish.

"I decline to accept the end of man [...] Man will not only endure, but prevail...." - William Faulkner

"I can say—not as a patriotic bromide, but with full knowledge of the necessary metaphysical, epistemological, ethical, political and aesthetic roots—that the United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world." - Ayn Rand
Doink
Regular Poster

Postby Jaydub on Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:52 pm

Doink wrote:Interesting... Apparently the goat has a snake tail.

Thats because it is a Chimerera.
Greek & Roman: Mythical Creatures: Chimaera
The chimaera was a fire breathing creature that had the parts of a lion (foreparts), goat (back) and serpent (tail). This creature devasted many lands (particularily Lycia) and was not conquered until the hero Pegasus, and shot arrows with lumps of lead into it.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Postby Earl McClaw on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:14 pm

Jaydub wrote:
Doink wrote:Interesting... Apparently the goat has a snake tail.

Thats because it is a Chimerera.
Greek & Roman: Mythical Creatures: Chimaera
The chimaera was a fire breathing creature that had the parts of a lion (foreparts), goat (back) and serpent (tail). This creature devasted many lands (particularily Lycia) and was not conquered until the hero Pegasus, and shot arrows with lumps of lead into it.

Minor point - Pegasus was a winged horse, not one of the Greek heroes. From the Wikipedia article on Chimera:
Chimera was finally defeated by Bellerophon with the help of Pegasus, the winged horse, at the command of King Iobates of Lycia. There are varying descriptions of its death – some say merely that Bellerophon ran it through with his spear, whereas others say that he fitted his spear point with lead that melted when exposed to Chimera's fiery breath and consequently killed it. Another story is that Bellerophon chopped off the three heads of the Chimera, and it fell to the ground dead.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Return to NPC