Dec 21st: That was unexpected

Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Dec 21st: That was unexpected

Post by Madmoonie »

Well, ain't that somfin'. A human wizard. Are we talkin' lux user or someone who says he uses magic?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

Axelgear
Regular Poster

Post by Axelgear »

Woohoo! A human mage, I was riiiight! Not about the right thing, but I'll take my victories where I can get them!
Astronomer. Sketch Artist. All-around generally creative and useless guy.

Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Post by Shyal_malkes »

I've been feeling glum lately. but seeing the comic perked me back up, not only the return of some old faces, but also the beginning of a totally new story arc.
I still say the doctor did it....

The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Post by The JAM »

And hopefully, we'll have some CALM discussion with this as well. Let's see how this unravels.

Calbeck
Regular Poster

Post by Calbeck »

Now it's in the pot! -:D

Starcat5
Regular Poster

Post by Starcat5 »

I'd guess human Lux worker. I'm just hoping that he's a weak one, though. I remember reading on this board once that, according to the supplimentory CDs (I really should buy those one of these years...), the avrage human mage is on par with THREE Rac magi. Keep that in mind for the next few updates. :shifty:

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrockthePaine »

Starcat5 wrote:I'd guess human Lux worker. I'm just hoping that he's a weak one, though. I remember reading on this board once that, according to the supplimentory CDs (I really should buy those one of these years...), the avrage human mage is on par with THREE Rac magi. Keep that in mind for the next few updates. :shifty:
As I understood it, about 1 in 1000 humans are lux-users and about 1 in 100 human lux users are equal or greater to Raccona. It's too bad I didn't save that IRC conversation where Ralph was talking about it...
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee

Catherine_Puce
Regular Poster

Post by Catherine_Puce »

I wonder if the Gragum could be interested to learn from this human lux user. I mean their false god was the first one but it showed that their specie had the potentiel to create few lux users. Soon or later, this specie will want reach its full potential. Could be a broblem for the racconan. This is probably not the current one but it could bloom if e don't care of that soon.

La situation a changé, il faut se préparer à s'adapter.

S.P.P.

StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Post by StrangeWulf13 »

I'm not sure a race's production of lux users can be affected by simply having a good teacher, nor am I convinced that it will raise the abilities of those who can. They might learn to be more efficient with their castings, but their abilities to draw, store and use lux, among others, are pretty much determined at birth, and only extraordinary circumstances have been known to alter them. Nessie used to be able to ken only the average distance of a Rac Conan child, until she started using her tail fur to stretch herself farther an farther. Now she doesn't need them to ken the other side of her village!

Unless the human mage practices biomancy upon them, I'm not sure the Gragum will increase their number of lux users, or the natural abilities of those individuals. Still, having a human mage lead an army of Gragum, along with his own personal apprentices by his side, would not be a welcome sight to any Rac Conan.

Let's hope they keep the nutbag under wraps until they figure out what to do with him.
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.

SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

Just toss him in the phantom zone.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

Jaydub
Regular Poster

Post by Jaydub »

Probably just a snake oil salesman...
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams

Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Post by Deckard Canine »

I'm so dense. When I read the strip, I was surprised not because a human was capable of luxcraft, but because the Racconans had captured one. (Humans tend to be dominant, after all.)

Perhaps some human lux users, being unwelcome in the regular community, could form a colony. I don't know how effectively the ability would pass on genetically, tho.

I imagine that humans sensing lux would be like humans seeing ultraviolet or infrared. There are such people, but because of what's missing from their lenses, they have to be careful.

Starcat5
Regular Poster

Post by Starcat5 »

Jaydub wrote:Probably just a snake oil salesman...
No, that is the WORST case senario. Trust me. This is eather a low-grade mage who figured out how to cut through the Mistwall, or a bigtime mage who's been wrapped up tighter than an Egyption mummy. It doesn't actually matter eather way. For the sake of plot, this event has to tie into the "Do we call ourselves Wizards" conversation. Having a non-Wizard, even one who's calling himself a Wizard, would be little more than misdirection at this point. It would also mean that the Mistwall was breaking down, which brings up it's own complications, plotwise.

Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Post by Shyal_malkes »

I've always wondered about the prospects of a human lux user who was more interrested in just learning to use lux then he was in the power that could be gained from it.
I still say the doctor did it....