HEY WANDERWULF

HEY WANDERWULF

Postby RHJunior on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:00 am

When I lock or delete a thread, it is not an engraved invitation for you to start a new thread just to throw a temper-tantrum about it.

Oh, and to all concerned--- filling a thread with insults directed at me is the express route to getting it locked, and yourself banned.
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Postby Skull on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:02 am

Hm. Well, fair enough, I suppose.

Now, would you like to discuss some of my suggestions?

~fin.
Skull
Regular Poster

Postby Axelgear on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:10 am

Ralph, people may want to insult you less if you didn't lock threads where people disagreed with you. So long as they don't break the forum rules, it's entirely within their right, isn't it?

And I STILL haven't gotten to see where you insulted D.C. Simspon! Will someone PLEASE give me a URL?
Astronomer. Sketch Artist. All-around generally creative and useless guy.
Axelgear
Regular Poster

Postby Skull on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:21 am

Axelgear wrote:And I STILL haven't gotten to see where you insulted D.C. Simspon! Will someone PLEASE give me a URL?

I'll direct you to Mr. Hayes' LiveJournal, there's a link below each comic, I believe labelled "news". There's a recent entry, and if you go back a page or so, two or three additional.

~fin.
Skull
Regular Poster

Postby Axelgear on Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:00 am

THAT is it? That's what got RH so upset? Wow... Talk of a Mosquito annoying a Bull, huh?

But RH, if you read this, your response isn't quite what the question seems to be. The fact is that there really is no victory in the way Republicans seem to see it. Terrorism isn't a bunch of people getting up one day and going "Hey, who shall we hate today? America? America sounds good." There are sociological, political, and economic factors that make these people hate the U.S. and going to a nation and beating up the people who help them is only inspiring MORE of them. Just because Saddam doesn't give them safe housing anymore doesn't mean Lebanon, Iran, and a thousand others don't. The whole point of the comic is that there isn't an either-or answer to this situation but that's all the Republican Party seems to see it as.

That clear it up at all?
Astronomer. Sketch Artist. All-around generally creative and useless guy.
Axelgear
Regular Poster

Postby Aurrin on Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:52 am

*hands Axelgear a flame shield*

You'll need this.
Conquering the Universe, one class at a time...
Aurrin
Regular Poster

Postby Detrius on Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:05 am

...and why exactly is this thread's title directed at Wanderwulf? The only threads in this forum that fit Ralph's description in a way were created by a different account, have there been any threads deleted?
Secularism: keeping politics out of religion.
Detrius
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:16 am

Aurrin wrote:*hands Axelgear a flame shield*

You'll need this.

Yup. Once I wake up in three or four hours I'll put together a coherent response...
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby RHJunior on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:25 am

Skull, Axel: you both seem to have trouble grasping the whole "annoy me=deleted threads" equation.

No, it's not "fair," and I am surprisingly unmoved by that fact. All being "fair" got me was people, at best, who thought that repeating themselves over and over again was a substitute for valid points. At standard it got me a crowd of rude, conceited and arrogant self-anointed little cobbers who cluttered up my forums, journal, and email box with irrelevant screeds and tirades, each determined to make my poor stupid evil benighted cro-magnon conservative Jesus Freak self see the shining light. And when I failed to see the radiant glory of their MTV bottle-fed tube-baby wisdom, they filled my forums and wasted my time with grade-school insults and "criticisms" of me and everything I said or did.

No, I'm not fair at all. This is MY domain, and here I am a raving, iron-fisted tyrant with no respect, remorse, compassion or pity. I wield the delete mallet freely with sadistic glee. Any post that annoys or even disinterests me DIES underneath it with wet squealing noises and the crunch of little bones. I revel in your suffering as your beloved thousand word, half-hour-to-compose extension of your ego vanishes with a flick of the wrist.

And take this to the bank--- <I>I am immensely disinterested in your opinion of how I run things.</i> Don't like it? Go cry in your Starbuck's , Emo kid.

Now, with the fear of DEATH hanging over your heads... perhaps we can get back to more on-topic posts.
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Postby Skull on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:39 am

RHJunior wrote:Now, with the fear of DEATH hanging over your heads... perhaps we can get back to more on-topic posts.

I see. Well, good luck with that, then. It seems while the actual professionals are making comfortable livings off their strips, you're more comfortable living in poverty... As long as you get to be a tyrant, that is.

~fin.
Skull
Regular Poster

Postby The JAM on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:40 am

[facepalm]
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby RHJunior on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:47 am

Why is it the biggest troublemakers always think it's a grand threat to swear to <I>never come back again?</i>

These two shall depart, and considering that they only spoke up to insult and criticize, whence are MY tears at their departure?

At least one or two others of softer demeanor will leave because they are unhappy with my heavy-handedness. Regrettable, but I've found that those who do are people whom I would inevitably offend and could never please anyway. Fare thee well, and may you find some other cartoonist who doesn't disappoint you by being less cute and cuddly than his artwork.

To those of you who have stayed.... brave souls, you lot. Fear not, merely throw the cartoonist some raw meat from time to time and you'll stay unmaimed. :twisted:
Last edited by RHJunior on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Postby The JAM on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:49 am

[headscratch] Call it a hunch, Ralph, but in this case, it could mean lost revenue. But then that's just my non-insulting inconsequential uninformed opinion.
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby RHJunior on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:13 pm

So far they seem to have contributed nothing but annoyance and complaints, though. They were rude, presumptuous and irritating. And unless either of them was a professional cartoonist themselves, they were blowing smoke out their backsides. I don't have the time or the patience for that.

Jam, I will "lose" revenue all the time, by simple virtue of the fact that noone can please everyone (some of us can please fewer than others.) Plus, by simple virtue of the fact that there are political and religious ideals I hold to and certain "work" that I will not do, I miss out on a great deal of very easy money. I have resigned myself to that fact with the minimum mandatory weeping and wailing and tearing of hair.

There is, also, a maximum threshold of B.S. I will put up with in the name of the bottom line.

I may NEVER be rich, in fact probably will not. But I will continue doing what I do, how I do it, the best I can do it, and regardless of the segment of the population it irritates, I will, SOMEhow, get by. :roll:
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Return to NPC