Racconan Pets?

Racconan Pets?

Postby Frigidmagi on Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:00 am

Axelgear's thread got me thinking... What kinda pets do the Racconan have? Quentyn mentions goats, pigs and chickens, we see the bigdigger, is there any other kind of animal kept by the Racconan?

I can understand why they wouldn't have dogs, but do they have cats, goldfish, some other type of animal?
Frigidmagi
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:26 am

One of the CDs has Ennias mention a kind of fire breathing toad often kept as a pet, IIRC. And some of the Haven Racconnan treat their giant spiders as de facto pets. Don't forget tree apes, "a Raccoonan's best friend."
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Frigidmagi on Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:35 am

The Tree apes seem more like beast of burdens.
Frigidmagi
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:41 am

Maybe it was goats. I remember the phrase being used, I'm just not quite sure of the critter it was applied to. It has been awhile since I read the CDs, have to go through them again...
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby MikeVanPelt on Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:30 am

Tom Mazanec wrote:One of the CDs has Ennias mention a kind of fire breathing toad often kept as a pet, IIRC.

Bog dragons. The little girl he rescued from the Graghum brought one with her to Sanctuary City; when Quentyn regained consciousness after the rat-wight episode, the first thing he saw was the bog dragon sitting on his chest.
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:45 am

I recall someone saying once that some Racs keep cats; though their owners are regarded oddly, much as we would regard someone who let a Siberian tiger roam free around the house.
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Frigidmagi on Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:25 am

I wouldn't think your average cat would be big enough to really consider attacking a 2.5ft tall tool user?

If they were more warlike and militant I would suggest riding dogs for the military.
Frigidmagi
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:37 am

A wargoat with a spiked helmet is the prefered warbeast. Big things (remember the Racconnans have luxical genetic engineering).
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Frigidmagi on Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:55 am

Certainly less likely to devour a Racconian by mistake or catch rabies I would suppose.

Still nothing will beat a large dog for me, ah well.
Frigidmagi
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:39 pm

frigidmagi wrote:I wouldn't think your average cat would be big enough to really consider attacking a 2.5ft tall tool user?

Hey, housecats can kill a 1st-level commoner! :-P
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Axelgear on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:55 pm

Am I the only one who wonders what a Maximized Disintegrate would do to a 1st level Commoner?

Sorry to those of you who lack knowledge of D&D.
Astronomer. Sketch Artist. All-around generally creative and useless guy.
Axelgear
Regular Poster

Postby Canis_lupus on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:42 pm

Tree apes? I remember hearing about them but dont remember much. Can someone link the comic they were mentioned in
"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Location: Off some Turnpike in Jersey. check next to the landfill.

Postby BrockthePaine on Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:30 pm

Canis_lupus wrote:Tree apes? I remember hearing about them but dont remember much. Can someone link the comic they were mentioned in

here, and here.

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Axelgear on Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:45 pm

They seem more like Golems more than actual creatures even; like a wooden golem that is given a semblance of life to make them more amicable to their handlers. Then again, they seem so much more... Fluid in motion than a golem.
Astronomer. Sketch Artist. All-around generally creative and useless guy.
Axelgear
Regular Poster

Postby Canis_lupus on Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:50 pm

oh ya, now i remember. Kind of like Trents from LoTR universe.
"I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy. All day. Like, if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

-Mitch Hedberg
Canis_lupus
Regular Poster

Location: Off some Turnpike in Jersey. check next to the landfill.

Postby Tom Mazanec on Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:09 pm

They are featured in the UberCD. They are creatures, not golums.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby BlasTech on Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:05 pm

Tom Mazanec wrote:They are featured in the UberCD. They are creatures, not golums.

Are they grown from acorns? I seem to remember that being the case.

Also, i think there's a type of fluff-dog that is also used in a guard capacity in rich homes?
BlasTech
Cartoon Hero

Location: In a small tower on the southern side of the college

Return to NPC