Trinket (Nov 22)

Trinket (Nov 22)

Postby The JAM on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:53 pm

Hmm....any bets that the father is still planning a double-cross?
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Re: Trinket (Nov 22)

Postby Jaydub on Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:04 pm

The JAM wrote:Hmm....any bets that the father is still planning a double-cross?

I don't think he is planning a double-cross but if they are caught with a Racconan and an Elf and this puts his family in jeopardy, he would do what what was necessary to protect his family... :o
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Postby Hairyshoe on Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:14 pm

Oh, quit it with the skullduggery and look at the pretty lights!
Ooooooh...
Hairyshoe

Postby Shyal_malkes on Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:54 pm

I have a little sister that, every time she isn't riding her pony, tries to ride me instead. mom has to constantly tell her to get off.

and you'd be surprized how good a grip young'ns can have
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby MikeVanPelt on Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:26 pm

Well, this answers one question:

Where are all of Quentyn's trade goods? In that backpack?

He's no artificer... but still, he can make magical trade goods on the fly wherever he goes. (Nicely set up in the Royals episode ages ago, where we saw him making a wackadu from a piece of wood. And didn't he make the poppers he used in the rotten tomatoes, too?)
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Postby Shyal_malkes on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:15 pm

no I think he stole those.
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Catherine_Puce on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:26 pm

No, I think that he already had the poppers. About the trading's goods, most of them must be still in his boat. I suppose that since he rent the parking, he will probably explore for find the location of the artefacts. Once he find some artefact that he can buy with what he have in his backpack or too heavy to transport on long distance, he will have simply to return to his ship, navigates until the location and starts to negociate. No need to attract too much attention too soon.

Il faut être prudent quand on négocie avec les humains.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Regular Poster

Postby Axelgear on Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:16 pm

I think Quentyn is trying to find the old trading post because it most likely has a place where he can tie down the Luftship and hence he keeps all his trade-goods in the ship, with the little faeries guarding it
Astronomer. Sketch Artist. All-around generally creative and useless guy.
Axelgear
Regular Poster

Postby MikeVanPelt on Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:05 am

Catherine_Puce wrote:No, I think that he already had the poppers.

I'm not so sure about that. These weren't the usual "drop in water" poppers, they had some special time-delay characteristics.

http://npc.comicgenesis.com/d/20051120.html
Quentyn of Freeman Downs in his journal wrote:You know, poppers are a lot more versatile than people think. Not all of them just explode in water. It all depends on what sort of outer layer of primer they have. F'rinstance, you can make them with a lux-sensitive coating that acts like a five-second long delay fuse.

Sounds like these weren't off-the-shelf to me.
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:37 am

Well the farmer and his wife HAVE to notice that despite the amount of "abuse" Marsha's inflicted on Quentyn, he's shown nothing but patience, understanding and now he makes her an "enchanted" gift. Albeit it's more out of his desire to keep his tail from being "twisted clean off" by the rabunctious toddler.

Still, he's shown no ill will, no innate cruelty and has repeately referred to her as 'Sweetie' and now 'Sweet pea'.....they can't ignore this total contradiction to what the "old stories" have said.

Now as long as Sam behaves herself................

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Deckard Canine on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:14 am

The mother is bound not to trust the pitty lights to remain harmless. She probably thinks they'll eventually turn her daughter into a bog dragon or something.

Then again, if she throws the gift out, she'll have to find something else to keep those little hands from exhausting Quentyn's patience.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:51 am

If they are smart, they will realize that Quentyn can still hurt them. He levitated a bowl of buns (only part way, but still) at a distance. What if he "reached" inside someone's heart or brain and squeezed?
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:08 am

Deckard Canine wrote:The mother is bound not to trust the pitty lights to remain harmless. She probably thinks they'll eventually turn her daughter into a bog dragon or something.

Then again, if she throws the gift out, she'll have to find something else to keep those little hands from exhausting Quentyn's patience.

2 points.....we need to see if Quentyn's going to explain what the lux sprites are and that they're harmless.

I don't think Greta would throw it out for fear of offending Quentyn to where he might actually (only in her mind BTW) harm Marsha. It seems that the farmer actually has a bit of a better grasp on the situation.

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom Mazanec on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:25 am

The way he wrote "I don't think Sam ever forgave me" implies that first, this is being written quite a bit later and second, that Sam becomes a long term friend.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby Catherine_Puce on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:02 pm

This isn't the first time that he seem have writed quite a bit later. I personnatly don't see him transport his journal out of his boat. He probably leaves it here and write when he comes back. Afterall, this isn't a diary where you write what happen in the day. It's a authentical questor's journal where he write what happen in his job. He way to have a prepared defence if he messes up again.

S'il revient un jour chez lui ça pourrait lui être utile.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce
Regular Poster

Postby StrangeWulf13 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:58 pm

Oh yes, a well-prepared defense indeed... :roll: which, unfortunately, will only hold up in a Rac Conan court. All others have their own laws and customs, and his defense might not hold up in them.

Case in point... if the local Baron is the Law, Quentyn will have a bit of trouble trying to get out of jail if he offends his Odiousness. :wink: Not that he couldn't get help from someone to break out, but staying out of legal trouble will be much more difficult...
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wanderwolf on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:01 pm

StrangeWulf13 wrote:Oh yes, a well-prepared defense indeed... :roll: which, unfortunately, will only hold up in a Rac Conan court. All others have their own laws and customs, and his defense might not hold up in them.

Case in point... if the local Baron is the Law, Quentyn will have a bit of trouble trying to get out of jail if he offends his Odiousness. :wink: Not that he couldn't get help from someone to break out, but staying out of legal trouble will be much more difficult...

I think you're in the wrong thread...
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster

Postby StrangeWulf13 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:07 pm

*blinks* Wrong thread? I'm sorry, which one was I supposed to be in?

:-? I thought my reply was just fine, and now I'm getting told to move. What'd I do?
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wanderwolf on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:30 pm

StrangeWulf13 wrote:*blinks* Wrong thread? I'm sorry, which one was I supposed to be in?

:-? I thought my reply was just fine, and now I'm getting told to move. What'd I do?

Sorry, shouldn't post so late. I missed the part of the previous post that mentioned "defense", and so missed any connecton between your post and the rest of the thread. My apologies; my mistake entirely.

Yours contritely,

The wolfish,

Wanderer
Wanderwolf
Regular Poster

Postby MikeVanPelt on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:47 am

StrangeWulf13 wrote:Case in point... if the local Baron is the Law, Quentyn will have a bit of trouble trying to get out of jail if he offends his Odiousness.

I can imagine the scene in the Dule's gaol:

Quentyn, later, in his journal, wrote:I kenned the cell door. No wards. Just a simple mechanical latch barely sufficient to contain an infant.

Or the hopelessly lux blind.
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Next

Return to NPC